Thread: Hestitant attacker trait on a grizzled optimistic general who win countless attack

Default Hestitant attacker trait on a grizzled optimistic general who win countless attack

Okay why an experienced general who have won countless attack battle gain these traits and not only that it cannot be reversed only advancing the hestitant attacker traits.

I already have to deal with command trait being hard to gain i do not need a trait that punish me for my deserved victory.

Default Re: Hestitant attacker trait on a grizzled optimistic general who win countless attack

Did you end your turn with that general in the Enemy's Zone of Control with more than 10% of his movement remaining without launching any offensive actions at any point?
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Default Re: Hestitant attacker trait on a grizzled optimistic general who win countless attack

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Did you end your turn with that general in the Enemy's Zone of Control with more than 10% of his movement remaining without launching any offensive actions at any point?
    Only in a siege. Well that make it a risk to starve out the garrison script settlement

I think its an incredibly stupid trait but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    I think its an incredibly stupid trait but it is what it is.
    I second this. This trait needs to be reworked. I don't think there is another trait that irks me as much as the way this one is implemented.

I believe that in most cases sieges should be exempt from the counter on this (unless maybe greater than 3:1 odds) and that now with the increased movement per turn that it should be cranked up to at least 20% when it comes to being in an enemy province. It ignores battlefield logistics and maneuvering completely. This being said I don't know how to script for the M2TW engine so I'm not sure which limitations I would have to comply with.

In correlation, I think implementing disease and famine for sieges (both offensively and defensively) would be a good addition to better reflect the negative impact of sieges.

Quote Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
    I second this. This trait needs to be reworked. I don't think there is another trait that irks me as much as the way this one is implemented.

I believe that in most cases sieges should be exempt from the counter on this (unless maybe greater than 3:1 odds) and that now with the increased movement per turn that it should be cranked up to at least 20% when it comes to being in an enemy province. It ignores battlefield logistics and maneuvering completely. This being said I don't know how to script for the M2TW engine so I'm not sure which limitations I would have to comply with.

In correlation, I think implementing disease and famine for sieges (both offensively and defensively) would be a good addition to better reflect the negative impact of sieges.
    You can also just "remove_trait [Character name] [trait name]" in the console. Maybe you already do this, but it may be helpful for others to know. Can be helpful to use for roleplaying purposes if the game does something you feel is inconsistent with the story or character development.

I always hated that trait, especially because my most aggressive generals tended to get it

Quote Originally Posted by romulus_aeneas View Post
    You can also just "remove_trait [Character name] [trait name]" in the console. Maybe you already do this, but it may be helpful for others to know. Can be helpful to use for roleplaying purposes if the game does something you feel is inconsistent with the story or character development.
    remove_trait charId IndecisiveAttacker is baked into my brain for all of eternity. I have noticed that you still get a command star malus even when removing the trait, or at least I believe that is the case so their might be an ancillary/hidden trait that I am not aware of. I have even gone as far as to comment the trait out in previous iterations of the mod.

I agree though. This is my preferred solution because almost all my war focused FMs end up getting this.