Thread: [AWARD] King Athelchan for Curia Service Award

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Default [AWARD] King Athelchan for Curia Service Award

Greetings, oh venerable members of these guilded halls! I shall try to keep myself as brief as possible:
    Curia Service Award
    Awarded for serving the Curia with distinction for a period exceeding six months, as voted upon by the Curia

Athelchan for Curial Service Award Athelchan has served us loyally in a variety of positions, the last and most important one being consul, which he held not just once, not twice, but thrice[1][2][3], after years with Hader. As such it was a time of uncertainty and instability in both the real world and the TWC, yet Athelstan steered us through them well, and was succeeded by a mentee of his, Commodus, and the next one, akar, was raised by Athelchan as well. So who's to say he isn't the secret hand guiding us all still? Jokes aside, he has been very capable of bringing capable and active users into the curia, and keeping the less capable ones away.

This is why I, Cookiegod, wholeheartedly endorse King Athelstan to be awarded the Curial Service Award, and hope that the astounding 100% approval rate when he was elected praefect can be replicated this time around as well. He really deserves this, as I think many of you might already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: [AWARD] King Athelchan for Curia Service Award

Support
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Three consecutive terms as consul sounds quite sufficiant to me. So sure, Support.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

He's got my banana

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Are there two people discussed here? Both Athelchan and Athelstan are mentioned several times.

EDIT: inside humor, of course.
    Last edited by Septentrionalis; September 15, 2021 at 05:08 AM.

From my interactions with him, Athelstan was a very diligent, careful and efficient Curator with an adorable profile picture. Always willing to guide me through the Curia Labyrinth in a joyful and humorous manner, so it's an easy support from me!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

careful and efficient Curator with an adorable profile picture
    if that's not the lowest bribe attempt ever.. and they say that we, Italians, are corrupted

I'm still waiting for his confession
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Few as deserving as Athel. Support
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

As jealous as it makes me to see my long time friend/rival receive an award that I don't yet have, I can't think of anyone more deserving to receive this award that doesn't already have it. I can't believe its already been two years since Athel's first term as Consul and my first term as Censor. Crazy how time flies when you're having "fun"

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Go for it. Time served is pretty much the only measure, as much as I may idealistically wish for more.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Moved to vote at OP request.

You may vote here.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan