Thread: Maloskero's Forgery - Historically Inspired Textures [Modders Resource]

Default Maloskero's Forgery - Historically Inspired Textures [Modders Resource]

Hello guys!

First let me introduce myself... I'm a brazilian political scientist that in the last years has made minor personal mods for pretty much all historical Total Wars (nothing against WH series). The game that I have dedicated myself most to is definetly Shogun II, however - I've spent so many countless hours back and forth with my own textures and doing research.

Anyways, I have finally decided to start showing my work to the community. I hope you all enjoy it!

Summary: this project consists of a compilation of my own personal textures for several vanilla models. This project, therefore, is not a mod on its own, but rather a RESOURCE FOR MODDERS - once I release the files anyone can freely do whateaver they please with them, just as long as I am explicetely credited. I intend on realasing 3 packs - one centered on the Azuchi-Momoyama period (pretty much Vanilla Shogun 2); one on the Nanboku-Chō period (between ROTS and Shogun 2); and another on the Bakumatsu period (FOTS).

Goal: create a more historically accurate, diverse and aesthitically pleasing set of textures for pretty much all unitparts slots in Shogun II.

Disclaimer 1: this is, first of all, a personal project that I work with in my very sparse free time - I usually work up to 60h a week, sometimes even more. With that being said, while I am always open to honest feedback and constructive criticism, please undestard if I decide not to incorporate your suggestions - I have my own vision of my project based on my own researches and my own experiences of over 3 years of trial and error editing textures in SHII.

Disclaimer 2: I will probably release this soon enought to Steam to increase the project's visibility. For now, I would rather limit myself to the smaller and more receptive audience here at TWCenter.

Anyways, enough talking and let me show you guys some of my work so far - remember, its all WIP:

First preview on Azuchi-Momoyama Samurai:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Some key features characterize this time period:
    1- The increasingly widespread use of the "modern armor" (tosei-gusoku), such as i) cuirasses and helmets with fewer lacing usage (hotoke-do, some variants of mogami-do, okegawa-do, zunari kabuto, momonari kabuto, etc); ii) arm and legs protections made a little less baggier and with increased usage of chainmail and small plates.
    2- Some traditional armor is still in use, but with some adjustments (Maru-Do replacing Do-Maru).
    3- Fashion, influenced by Budhism, is starting to shift in favor of more subdued colors. The samurai, still prefer more colorful armors and clothing.

Below some examples of Samurai in this period

Kote preview:

Suneate preview:

Do preview:

Zabuto preview:
    Last edited by maloskero; September 13, 2021 at 07:36 PM.

Default Re: Maloskero's Forgery - Historically Inspired Textures [Modders Resource]

Really cool stuff. Thank you for sharing your work in progress here!