Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

  1. #1

    Icon3 TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    HOMERIC CAMPAIGN



    First of all, I would like to say that I think the idea "the truth behind the myth" in the game is exceptional!
    It brings us the true age of bronze and keeps the game historic.

    But, what about those who love epic, classic and mythological greece? Those who want to play the MYTH?
    I was wondering if a full reskin project for the units would be possible. An EPIC mode that brings real mythological units and armies with classical equipment, like the art of TROY:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    This would be an OPTIONAL game mode for those who want to play a more fantastic game! A Homeric campaign, worthy of epic Iliad!

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 








    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 








    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 








    CA could explore this option for lovers of classical and mythological greece.
    But if we don't have anything official, I would like to know from the community if we can continue with such a project.

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 







    “He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

  2. #2
    Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    apartment 6
    Posts
    4,442

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    yes, you can make models and textures more or less as you want in any TW game

  3. #3

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    I am very interested in this project!
    I worked on HELLINIKA mod on ROME 2, we have a lot of material that could be suitable for this mod!
    The difficulty would be to be able to transfer the material from ROME 2 to TROY ...

    Some Preview of The Troy Heroes with my Corinthian Helmet :

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by decoco; March 03, 2021 at 03:03 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Finally! Incredible people interested in this project!

    I would love to have an experience of the Trojan War as in the great and classic game Age of Mythology!

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    So, where do we start!? How can I help?

    Quote Originally Posted by decoco View Post
    I am very interested in this project!
    I worked on HELLINIKA mod on ROME 2, we have a lot of material that could be suitable for this mod!
    The difficulty would be to be able to transfer the material from ROME 2 to TROY ...

    Some Preview of The Troy Heroes with my Corinthian Helmet :

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Amazing!!!
    Last edited by Ulfhedinn_; March 03, 2021 at 05:47 PM.

    “He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

  5. #5

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore da Firenze View Post
    Finally! Incredible people interested in this project!

    I would love to have an experience of the Trojan War as in the great and classic game Age of Mythology!

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    So, where do we start!? How can I help?



    Amazing!!!
    I think you put the finger on my secret objectif : a Age Of Mythologie Total War !
    Hum we have to creat a group, finding modders etc ...
    Lest begin !

  6. #6

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Quote Originally Posted by decoco View Post
    I think you put the finger on my secret objectif : a Age Of Mythologie Total War !
    Hum we have to creat a group, finding modders etc ...
    Lest begin !
    I have experience in editing files in the db folder, creating new units for personal use since the first Rome Total War. I believe that my strength is in the customization of units, I explore a lot the capacity of the VariantMeshes.
    I reskin almost every unit in the game to increase variety and immersion. However, I already noticed that TROY has a very big limitation compared to Rome II, for example.

    In ROME II I could create 5 types of human variations, each containing 5 variations of equipment, hair styles or skin...

    In TROY I was unable to create another human variation. In other words, out of 25 possible variations in the same unit in ROME II, we only have the 5 possibilities in TROY. :/

    ---

    So we have a name... Age Of Mythology Total War! Let's create this group!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    “He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

  7. #7

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Nice Name Ulf !
    You will be a great recrue for this mod ! I try regroup some modders.
    For the variation, yes it's too bad, but we can make a good thinks i'm sure !

    For the First time, we need communication on this forum. Can you work on that ?
    Next we have to work on picture for inspiration, maybe with Assassin Creed Odyssey ...

  8. #8

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Quote Originally Posted by decoco View Post
    Nice Name Ulf !
    You will be a great recrue for this mod ! I try regroup some modders.
    For the variation, yes it's too bad, but we can make a good thinks i'm sure !

    For the First time, we need communication on this forum. Can you work on that ?
    Next we have to work on picture for inspiration, maybe with Assassin Creed Odyssey ...


    Yes, the style of the game itself is interesting to maintain a more "standardized" unit, focusing on the variation in the number of units available for recruitment...

    You mean to recruit people around here on this forum? I have a lot of images that I can share! Here are some examples:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 



    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 




    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 








    “He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

  9. #9

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Some inspirations for the Amazons:

    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

    “He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

  10. #10

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Nice !

  11. #11

    Default Re: TOTAL WAR SAGA: TROY - EPIC HOMERIC MODE

    Would you folks like to have wider promotion in the site, if you do intend to make a team out of this? Via some blog or such perhaps?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •