Thread: Menu resolution issue?

Default Menu resolution issue?

I recently purchased a new gaming rig with an RTX3070 GPU so I decided to upgrade my monitor to a 27 inch 2K model or 2560 x 1440 resolution.

I had not played Napoleon in a long time but decided to re-install it on the new rig. It's listed as the latest definitive edition. I was able to set the new resolution in the graphics options and everything seems to work fine including the opening video, plus the strategic and battle screens--that is everything except the main menus which are windowed. I mean this doesn't stop me from playing, it just seems odd. I looked in the preference files and I only see one setting for the resolution and it's correct.

Has anybody else encountered this and is there a fix?

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Menu resolution issue?

I did the same thing - new 3070 and new 2560x1440 monitor. The menu is windowed, but the rest of the game plays fine.

The most certain test by which we judge whether a country is really free is the amount of security enjoyed by minorities.~John Acton, [1877].

"...the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life; the sick, the needy and the handicapped. " ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Ghandi