Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Matrix. Resurrections. Trailer.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Matrix. Resurrections. Trailer.

I'm interested in Lana Wachowski doing something wierd and interesting with it even if it ends up awful, as opposed to a corporatly designed mess.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Anyone who wants to understand the Matrix and probably to see where they are going with this one, should go and watch the Animatrix.

The thing is since the machines are just that and have no human emotion or emotional understanding beyond the surface level, the machines are pretty much incapable of lying, or unwilling. So if anyone is willing to honor this treaty it would be the machines.

Now what I suspect is happening is that Neo's "program" (consciousness/being) has been integrated into the Matrix as a sort of guide. Quite possibly Neo's program is what keeps the machine in line and prevents other rogue agents from forming.

Meaning that the Machine is basically the good guy, or at least neutral (the system), that can sustain and control humanity. Because of the origins of the Human-Machine conflict in which Humanity pushed the Machines over the edge then it stands to reason that Zion has questionable motivations.

Not that Zion isn't sincere about their goals. But it is more than likely now that Zion have become extremists and might not want to honor the treaty. Or at least that is what would make the most sense. Which leads to the Machines wanting to escalate.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; January 22, 2022 at 08:22 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

Matrix 4:
    -action sucks
    -why is this trying to be anything other than The Matrix?
    -first half was actually kind of good
    -they didn't explain anything even though they act like they did, The Matrix still makes no sense, The Animatrix did it better, and The Matrix Online actually explained it
    -why does Neo look like John Wick? admittedly he doesn't for the entire movie, but that is still kind of weird
    -the fourth wall jokes were kind of funny and then become obnoxious... we get it you hate studios and you have contempt for your mentally retarded audience
    -they brought back Agent Smith but he isn't played by Hugo Weaving and the guy they got to play him actually sucks
    -living in harmony with machines??? I already live in harmony with machines, seeing as I only destroy my computer every 10 years now
    -trapped in someone else's body, wow so clever
    -the 90's kind of sucked but now the pessimists have to admit that 2020 isn't so bad
    -yo dawg I heard you liked meta (The Matrix) so I put the meta (Matrix 2) in your meta (The Matrix) to break the meta (Matrix 3) which created more meta (Matrix 4), this is actually so meta it kind of breaks movies in and of themselves, after all what is a movie other than a way for studios to make money, generate social influence, as a way to then make more money off the same product?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

For me the Matrix Trilogy was pretty bad. Only the first movie can be considered good. But in this new movie they do not hide their contempt at the idiotic dude bros who liked the first movie but did not like any of the other movies, and which they assume will dislike Matrix 4. That being said I think there was a lot more to these movies than a lot of the criticisms which they receive care to admit. It is just that these things were not explained and were horribly executed.

The whole movie is basically trying to pre-emptively counter any criticisms that might arise. They are constantly trying to deflect blame onto the studio instead of themselves. While openly stating in the film that "people only want the same thing" because they are idiots. Then deciding that they will "build the Matrix" in whatever way they want regardless. So essentially if the film fails it is not on them. It is on the studio for wanting to milk the franchise and on the viewers for being idiots that only want a one dimensional zero to hero storyline and lots of action scenes.

There is even a scene where the Merovingian from Matrix 2 looks like a hobo and is shouting things like "hacks, you rebooted it, this is terrible" etc etc. Ironically I wanted to like this movie but they immediately became defensive about this and were so full of contempt because no one liked their other movies. They assume that no one will like this movie and I find that hilarious. But no one likes their other movies because they are convoluted and poorly made.

Though I definitely did not watch Matrix 4 because of the action. Which either way the action in Matrix 4 was pretty damn bad. It basically consists of Keanu Reeves running and waving his hands like a Jedi or like an Airbender or something. Even though Keanu had lots of physical action scenes in John Wick, I don't get why the action in this is so terrible.

The other thing I found hilarious is how they had to reboot reality. So in the original Matrix there is a lot about how the world sucks and especially things like office culture, having to work dead end jobs, the lack of progressivism and a hostile society, and generally how much they hated the 90's as a whole. But now in 2020 a lot of these things are being tackled. Yet they are still angry and have to make critiques about video games, how the world seems too nice and fake, apparently how everyone is stupid, and how maladjusted people are that they are taking pills for mental illnesses.

BUT the reason this is so ironic is that this is literally the world which they created. They can't even be satisfied with how for the past decade they have been getting their cake and eating it. Now they need to complain about how they got exactly what they wanted. A lot of the things in this movie I have to assume are meta commentary about the Wachowski's own mental illness.

For example characters talk about how they are trapped in the wrong body. How they are relieved that they can literally and figuratively come out of the closet. How Neo can stop taking his blue pills and literally go through a looking glass into his insane make believe world and have it become real. How Trinity can leave her Chad husband and abandon her kids to run away with the virgin Neo and become a super hero. How the Wachowskis cried themselves to sleep and invented Morpheus to give them a red pill and put them into a new reality.

There is also a lot about how they hate studios. For example Trinity complains that they turned their story into a video game (in the movie Neo is a game designer) and basically how they trivialized their story. I have to assume that Wachowski is referring to studio meddling which resulted in their vision and deep concept being made into an action movie, which resulted in the botched Matrix 2 and 3. While at the same time probably a complaint against The Matrix Online mmo. But this is dumb due to the fact that The Matrix worked as a movie specifically because they had such technical camera work and fight scenes. In addition to how they essentially copied much of it from Chinese cartoons (Ghost in the Shell, Perfect Blue, hell even Aeon Flux). And the story itself just seems to be a combination of concepts from the films "Total Recall" and "Terminator".

Basically if The Matrix is a deconstruction of the hero's journey, and Matrix 2 and 3 are deconstructions of The Matrix. Then Matrix 4 is a deconstruction of Matrix 2 and 3, as well as The Matrix's legacy on society. They even have board room scenes in which the idiotic execs don't understand The Matrix and say that it is about cool action (bullet time), or a fanatical Leftist saying that it is about fighting Capitalism, and all of those clichés that we are used to. Even though fighting Capitalism literally is a huge theme in The Matrix and they make this clear in the first 20 minutes of The Matrix, constantly hammer it in The Animatrix, and in other films like Cloud Atlas where it is also one of their pet themes.

Like why are the Leftists and fighting Capitalism crazy all of a sudden? You mean the Leftists which they helped to create??? So Leftists aren't cool anymore (a theme I am seeing now in media since about 2020)? What is sane then? Thinking you are in the Matrix? Remember a huge theme in ALL Matrix movies was coming to grips with the Matrix and accepting the Matrix, in order to take over the Matrix. It actually WAS NOT about rejecting the Matrix. That is really only partially true in the first film. Even then it is easy to argue that Neo did the opposite by controlling the Matrix at the end of the first movie. The conclusion in ALL Matrix material is accepting the Matrix (Matrix 3, Animatrix, Matrix Online, even Matrix 4).

So what gives? But according to the Matrix 4, the whole thing was actually about taking control of their own life (not taking pills?), changing their reality, and that fundamentally it was a love story. A love story? I don't think that was really the central theme in any of the other films. Maybe that is what they wanted before the nasty execs made them change it. But I mean I never got that impression in any of the other films.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I'm interested in Lana Wachowski doing something wierd and interesting with it even if it ends up awful, as opposed to a corporatly designed mess.
    I read a comment on twitter (I don't know how informed the author would be) saying that she agreed to do Matrix 4 just to prevent the company from doing a reboot. If thats true, kudos to Lana.

A reboot would probably be better then this turd.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    A reboot would probably be better then this turd.
    something tells me that a reboot would not be to your liking either. Imagine if they turned neo into a person of color or outright genderfluid and/or transgender. The horror right.

Patrician

That would be horrible. Albeit anything is possible within the Matrix. Presumably Mr. Anderson's body would still be Asian-American right? You don't mean... Neo was already a person of color? Impossible!

OR we could just watch the original Matrix? Instead of having to watch a dog crap reboot.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

People can dislike soulless media made by massive corporations without it only being possible because they’re secretly a sexist/racist/misogynist/incel/Nazi, mish
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    People can dislike soulless media made by massive corporations without it only being possible because they’re secretly a sexist/racist/misogynist/incel/Nazi, mish
    I have not generalized. It is a fact that some people reject movies characterizing them as "woke" simply because the main character is part of a minority or they deal with racial or gender issues. Surely you know how many discussions there have been here motivated by the fact that a character in a movie is not (or might not be, james bond thread) white or male.

----------------------------------

really vulgar big studio movie: no comment.

big studio movie with a touch that could be considered "woke"/remotely progressive: "oh my god what have they done, plot holes, lol, bad editing, flat characters, woke agenda"
    Last edited by mishkin; February 13, 2022 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    something tells me that a reboot would not be to your liking either. Imagine if they turned neo into a person of color or outright genderfluid and/or transgender. The horror right.
    Neo is already a person of color. Also changing the race of pre existing characters (usually white) to fill a quota, in the name of a social political agenda, and virtue signaling? yes it is not to my liking. Its actually sad that is anybody liking. And often is made by design with extra entertainment motives and not to serve the story or the franchise.

I have being enjoying characters of color since i was a kid from comics, from movies, and tv shows etc. It would not be to my liking if they changed them in the name of ideological propaganda either.

But you are right the reboot would probably suck, as most of this Hollywood movies today do. In a way or the other. The best thing about the Matrix series was always the animatrix anyway.

I have not generalized. It is a fact that some people reject movies characterizing them as "woke" simply because the main character is part of a minority or they deal with racial or gender issues.
    No that is not a fact, you are miss characterizing what people are saying, so you can call racism, homophobia and transphobia, and other kind of phobia. Probably because it makes you feel good about yourself, i suspect. I mean its why usually people do it on twitter and such to anybody that doesnt agree with them.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 13, 2022 at 04:34 AM.

Blog Entries

I would love for a black james bond to be announced today to see your reactions. Ditto for making a leading character from a major franchise gay. A jurassic park reboot with a gay leading character?? You would just hate it. Before watching the movie. Later you would find a thousand excuses to do it.
    Last edited by mishkin; February 13, 2022 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    I would love for a black james bond to be announced today to see your reactions. Ditto for making a leading character from a major franchise gay. A jurassic park reboot with a gay leading character?? You would just hate it. Before watching the movie. Later you would find a thousand excuses to do it.
    My reaction would be to just laugh at black James bond. Just like im laughing at this things really. No excuses needed im telling out right what i think if such a thing happens.

Another Jurassic park reboot? See you can make Jurassic park in anyway you can, and make the lead gay if you want. In that franchise makes sense to change things if you are going to reboot it. Because you can create characters, and create new stories from scratch. And i wouldn't have problem with it. Why would you feel the need to change pre existing characters though?

James bond on contrary is a pretty well defined and establish character, not only by the original author, but also by countless movies. It makes zero sense to change it, without a ulterior motive. At any case if they do so. You bet your ass im going to laugh at it. In fact i can tell your right now, as it is Daniel Craig James bond is subpar already in my opinion.

Patrician

The question really is:

1. Why is it necessary? They keep pushing for this... why?

2. The characters in question are what they are so why change them?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    The question really is:

1. Why is it necessary? They keep pushing for this... why?

2. The characters in question are what they are so why change them?
    We only see this in America and UK. Part of it is ESG funds in the US. They are allocated towards companies that fit a certain criteria regarding governance and such by allocating shares and bonds. Since 2014, they changed criteria funds, to encompass social issues awareness this includes a strong emphasis on Diversity and inclusion, all that jazz. But they are also evaluated based on environmental issues.

That is why you see big corps shilling for this issues in their marketing with LGBT flags and such. As long as they seem to be pushing for this, they get easy access to the market with this funds. Which are governmental funds for the most part.
    That is how Marvel and DC comics survived this long for example, and even so it doesn't seem enough to keep them afloat. So companies tend to hire by different standards then merit. Lots of activists without experience are hired for the entertainment industry.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    We only see this in America and UK. Part of it is ESG funds in the US. They are allocated towards companies that fit a certain criteria regarding governance and such by allocating shares and bonds. Since 2014, they changed criteria funds, to encompass social issues awareness this includes a strong emphasis on Diversity and inclusion, all that jazz. But they are also evaluated based on environmental issues.

That is why you see big corps shilling for this issues in their marketing with LGBT flags and such. As long as they seem to be pushing for this, they get easy access to the market with this funds. Which are governmental funds for the most part.
    That is how Marvel and DC comics survived this long for example, and even so it doesn't seem enough to keep them afloat. So companies tend to hire by different standards then merit. Lots of activists without experience are hired for the entertainment industry.
    But why? What is the reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    But why? What is the reason for this?
    Its Political motivated. I dare say its kinda of a Religion at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12