Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix. Resurrections. Trailer.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default The Matrix. Resurrections. Trailer.

If the movie lives up to the trailer it's going to be awesome.

Looks like a prequel but there are hints of something else going on. Was Neo having some sort of psychotic episode all along. Was it all the delusions of a man in a therapy. Is it just John Wick with robots...!

There are many questions to answer.

Default Re: The Matrix. Resurrections. Trailer.

I dont think its a prequel. Or maybe some parts might be, but not all of it. Im not sure.

The title suggest rebirth. We dont know what happened after the end in the third movie. What the machines did with his body( assuming he was dead, same goes for trinity). Resurrection seems to go in line with the Jesus theme, all right.
    Im guessing they put them in the matrix again. But he starts to remember what came before. It could also be just another iteration of the one. As its suppose to be various versions that came before.

We will see. Also no Laurence Fishburne, thats sad.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 09, 2021 at 05:13 PM.

Campidoctor

Reboot. But in a different sense. Lol.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I won't watch it in Cinemas. I boycott such movies.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    The title suggest rebirth. We dont know what happened after the end in the third movie. What the machines did with his body( assuming he was dead, same goes for trinity). Resurrection seems to go in line with the Jesus theme, all right.
    Im guessing they put them in the matrix again. But he starts to remember what came before. It could also be just another iteration of the one. As its suppose to be various versions that came before.
    Pretty much this, I believe

If I have to speculate: last time Neo fought to restart the Matrix, this time he will fight to free humanity once and for all
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

I read some strange theories on the interwebz and 1 in particular blew my mind. But to make sense of it, I would have to watch the Trilogy again. If everything aligns with that theory, then this movie is going to kick ass.

Praeses

I have few hopes. the first film was a lovely bit of work, spun a fairly thin premise in a really cool way and refused to elaborate. The second and third film (especially the third) elaborated. Not sure whats going on here but I'd love to be surprised.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
    I read some strange theories on the interwebz and 1 in particular blew my mind. But to make sense of it, I would have to watch the Trilogy again. If everything aligns with that theory, then this movie is going to kick ass.
    JC Ishan, you can't just drop the bomb and then hide! WE WANT TO KNOW!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    That
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

When is the showing of the new Matrix movie?

Blog Entries

SOOOO where's our spoiler, Ishan?

we want our spoiler!

I forgot what I had read. But checked my history:
    Matrix 4 Plot Prediction
    Apologies for the long post, but I wanted to do this idea justice and I really couldn’t shorten it any more.

Spoilers for the original Matrix trilogy

Ok so… many people have expressly stated how they don’t want this movie to be a retelling of the first Matrix, because - at best - it would feel tired and redundant and not worth the reveal of the same old Neo still being alive, and - at worst - it might make the entire franchise feel outdated for 2021 when people have willingly chosen to live on the internet despite how much it warps your perspective and is proven to exacerbate mental illness.

But I see one potential scenario for how Lana Wachowski could pull this off in an immensely satisfying way, but it requires not so much dissecting the trailers - which many people have done well, despite the risk of studio misdirection - and instead trying to think about the motivations of the people in this world where we last saw them. Quick disclaimer: I have not played the matrix online and the specifics of this story idea would require making that game not cannon. That said, I’m sure there’s a way this could be done that keeps the events of that game cannon.

So Neo succeeds in defeating agent Smith, and “peace” is being upheld. However, there were no terms discussed in this treaty. We have no idea what kind of “peace” Zion can expect. All we know is that a) humans will not longer be hunted and killed outside the Matrix for simply living in Zion and b) that those inside the Matrix will be given a choice on whether they wish to stay or go. And even if we assume that the machines want to make good on their promise, there must be conditions to this peace. Especially when the machines have the means to easily wipe out the remainder of humanity.

So what are those conditions? Well, what the hell are the humans apt to do? Morpheus - who was thoroughly unconvinced about Neo’s encounter with the Architect - watched the machines stop in their tracks and then fly away. To his knowledge, Neo was the One after all, and he did - in actuality - save humanity from extinction. Wish Morpheus’ zealotry, we can expect that he would wish to honor Neo until the end of his days. The only person alive still close to him is Niobe, and - without her - all he has left is his part in the story of the One. The One who vanquished the enemy. Morpheus would likely continue guiding the people who worshiped Neo. This would become - if it already hadn’t - the dominant religious movement in Zion. And by the time that this new movie drops, I wouldn’t be surprised if the political landscape of Zion practically became a theocracy in the image of Neo’s legacy - as told by Morpheus.

But were the machines really defeated? I mean, no. They made peace in good faith to their lackey who refused to do what he was told, and - what’s worse - he was positioned to solve their problem with Agent Smith all because the Oracle - their own program - played 5D chess against them. No doubt the machines aren’t stoked on this situation. Especially because humans likely will not - as a whole - honor the peace.

Despite the best efforts of the Church of Neo, there will be humans who see that Neo won and will say, “Why do need to stay in Zion then? Why are the machines even still around if Neo defeated them?” These human supremacists would likely stop at nothing to absolutely obliterate the machines. They might outright reject Neo as the savior, or they might be religious extremists - finishing the job that Neo started. But the machines might anticipate something like this. So their terms for peace would likely include some precautionary measures.

I would expect that the machines would say, 1. No more jacking into the Matrix unless you’re in one of our pods 2. No violent expansion of Zion 3. No attacking machines in the real world

In essence, the “peace” would still be a military occupation and tensions would rise again. But the machines would be doing what they see to be the most logical response to the human nuisance. But all the while, more and more people will flooding into Zion from the Matrix only to find a world of religious zealotry - being told they need to thank a person they never met or ever saw for their “freedom” to be packed like sardines underground. Also, lest we forget, the stress of limited resources - air, water, food - will make people get more and more angry at their situation and, in turn, angry at each other. Some might want to go back, like Cypher, and those who don’t want to go back would likely resent those that do even more. How the hell do you lead people - using religious fervor - who are hell bent on resenting each other? All while the climate of your only home begins to push closer and closer to extinction…

So how does Neo play into all this? Or Trinity? Or this new young Morpheus?

Well, considering the context of this world - within this scenario that I see as the most logical outcome - I have to wonder: what role would Neo play to those who still remember him? Whether it’s Michael “Kid” Popper - the boy obsessed with Neo - or others in Zion, people would wonder “what would Neo do when faced with these problems?” They’d probably want to find him. But considering the terms of the tenuous peace, it would be insanely dangerous for everyone in Zion if any one person tried to make contact. And considering Neo was plugged into the source inside the Machine City, a journey there would likely be suicide. For a human that is.

Quick aside: In the Animatrix, there is a short film titled, Matriculated, in which humans capture a machine and plug it into a matrix of their own design. They do this to try to teach the machine empathy and compassion. If you haven’t watched the Animtarix, I highly suggest you do so. But getting back to my idea for the Matrix: Resurrections, what if those in Zion try to do the same in order to get in contact with Neo.

A small team of people take a machine hostage, and they plug it into their own Matrix and spend years upon years convincing it that it is a human. And not just any human, but a human that would want to go to the source. The One.

Imagine, the Matrix: Resurrections begins very similar to the first film. A man - played by Keanu Reeves - feels stuck in his mundane life believing there is something just beyond the tip of his sensory experience. A crew of new young faces arrive offering him hope and freedom, along with a hefty burden as the messiah of humanity. He dives down the rabbit hole only to come out the other side… and follow the exact same path that he walked before. Back to the source. To plug himself in, and save humanity. But as he continues this journey, he finds that he still still has this nagging suspicion that something isn’t right. He still feels somewhat trapped. And his teammates seem to be hiding something. All until he confronts them in some culminating conflict, and he discovers to his horror: he is a machine being manipulated into believing he’s the One. The Matrix he grew up in and the real world he escaped into are both just a program and, outside of that, he is an unrecognizable creature of wires and metal. His true love, Trinity, is just a program made from memory. The team - his “friends” - are actually sitting jacked into this program in hopes that they could convince him to somehow reconnect with the source - either by flying to the Machine City or jacking into the real Matrix from a remote location. They wanted him to do this under the presumption that he was a human and the One, all so that they could see if Neo is alive and still inside the system. If so, perhaps they could find an answer for their climate crisis and burgeoning civil war in Zion.

The Matrix has always been a mind about how we can never really escape complex systems of control. And I feel that this plot could walk the line between rehash of old terrain and an exploration of new territory quite beautifully. What do you think though? Would you watch this?

TL;DR This new movie is basically the plot of the Animatrix’s Matriculated rewritten around the One. Neo in this film is a machine being convinced he’s a human and the One by a bunch of people trying to find the real Neo.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories...ot_prediction/

Blog Entries

I forgot to check back here, thanks for posting that Ish.

well that looks quite complex to me, with all the due respect I don't see such a level of complexity in Wackowski's works (this is not Christopher Nolan...), I think that younger people forgot (or never knew) that basically the idea of the Matrix steamed from the concept of the millennium bug (back in the 2000).. there's of course more than that in the trilogy, but IMO the real success of Matrix came from the action and not the plot, so I'm not expecting such a twisted plot to be honest.

Blog Entries

so I'm not expecting such a twisted plot to be honest.
    Did you see the third movie..... !

This also comes post Inception which came post Matrix, so I'm expecting some deep inception type layers.

Blog Entries

Well honestly I didn't see anything complex in the original trilogy plot

In the end it needed a most classical deus-ex-machina thing (basically Smith was never meant to defeat Neo and all that the agent did was getting him closer to his demise). Don't get me wrong I loved the Matrix trilogy and I still watch it if they pass it on TV, but I don't believe it to be the revolutionary masterpiece they say it is, technically maybe (the slow mo, the superior GCI), but not in the scripting.

Blog Entries

Yeh, I don't think it was that deep either. A lot of fans found the third movie complex compared to the first two. Fans kind of hated the second movie too. IMO it's a great trilogy.

Matrix will remain the king of Sci-fi and a pioneer of action scenes and the foundation to CGI revolution. It's special for me because in '99 I was a kid and in the boarding school we ended up injuring ourselves doing stupid after watching it.
    And damn a boatload of one liners and memes that exist today because of it. There was a video game on it that I played but don't remember that main character wasn't Neo. Vague memory.

Blog Entries

There was mod for Max Paine IIRC which transited it to Matrix, or something of the sort

However, yes I agree, The Matrix was and still is a huge social phenomenon

Found it. Enter the Matrix released in 2003:

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

That has to be one of the worst trailers that I have ever seen.

Wtf is happening. It is like the clock chimed 2020 and then someone flipped a switch that somehow turns everything into garbage.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast