Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Q Sertorius Submods for DeI

Default [SUBMOD] Q Sertorius Submods for DeI

I have been very negligent these past few months in only uploading my mods to Steam. I realize that many folks prefer using standalone versions, so I am going to make one thread for all my submods. All these submods are for DeI. They are all compatible with v1.31.

Submods always load on top of the main mod!

Q Sertorius Modified AI Autoresolve

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    This submod is not compatible with Age of Hellenism (both modify the same DeI autoresolve script file).

This submod does not change the base strength of any units.

This submod has no affect on the Player in autoresolve battles.

In base DeI, AI Rome gets an autoresolve bonus when it fights other AI factions. In base DeI, AI Rome gets a large bonus against "minor" AI factions. In base DeI, AI Rome gets a smaller bonus against "major" AI factions.

*This submod slightly lowers AI Rome's autoresolve bonus against "major" factions.* That's the major change.

The minor change is that I added a few more AI factions to the "major" factions list.

Every so often, I will slightly adjust the list of "major factions," but this will be largely transparent to the player. Sometimes Armenia might be a "major" faction. A month later, Media might be a "major" faction. Being a "major" factions does not ensure that faction's survival or success. It simply puts a finger on the scales in their favor.

The reasoning underlying this entire submod is to create a slightly different campaign experience where the non-Roman human player has a slightly better chance of encountering other regional powers, rather than finding that Rome has crushed everyone.

Increased Army Cap

This submod increases the army cap for each imperium level. Please feel free to download it and customize it more if you want higher or lower caps than are included here.

Modified Client States

This submod removes client states as an option and replaces them with a modified form of satrapies for all factions. Thanks to Augustusng for his help with critical parts of this submod.

More Pirates

This submod adds more pirate events around the map. This is designed to give the player more reason to build a fleet and more opportunities to train a fleet through combat.

No deployables on defensive battles

This submod removes almost all deployables from almost all battle types. Exception being for ambush maps. Those may have lots of deployables depending upon the faction.

Ancillaries, Traits, Character Skills

These three packs can be used on conjunction or separately.

The ancillaries pack is designed to reorganize the ancillaries to provide a better distribution among the three categories. It also adds some ancillary effects so that some of the more terrible ancillaries are not quite so terrible.

The traits pack removes most broad bonuses to upkeep, morale, attack, defense, and all reductions to enemy morale from personality traits. Specific bonuses, such as increased morale against barbarians, remain.

The character skills pack heavily alters the Character Skills and Army Traditions to support a more challenging game. It also adds several effects which apply to admirals. I also adjusted how much experience it takes to upgrade an Army or Navy. Thus, while the overall bonuses will be lower, it will be easier to achieve a higher tier army/navy during the course of a campaign.

Google Sheets list of changes here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xBo/edit#gid=0

Character Skills 2.0

This submod may get integrated into DeI in the future. Please provide feedback here or on our Discord (https://discord.gg/SPBCFFvG) in the #revised-character-skills-traditions-traits channel

This submod is a more ambitious version of my earlier Revised Character Skills Submod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2583338899). That mod streamlines all the character skills (agents, generals, admirals, politicians) and army traditions to make them less powerful and more logical.

This submod incorporates the changes from the previous submod, but then makes more radical changes to the Character Skills for Admirals, Generals, and Politicians. Specifically, for Generals and Admirals, it replaces the old Camp Administrator line with a new Daring Admiral line. It moves the old Camp Administrator skills to existing skill trees.

I also adjusted how much experience it takes to upgrade an Army or Navy. Thus, while the overall bonuses will be lower, it will be easier to achieve a higher tier army/navy during the course of a campaign.

Character Effects are listed here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Modified Building Effects & Attrition Submod

This submod significantly changes nearly all the buildings in the game. The primary change is does is to remove some of the bonuses I do not like (e.g. experience bonuses upon recruitment).

It also increases food consumption for many buildings and decreases food production for a couple of others which I believe are OP (e.g. Cattle Ranches).

I removed all Empire Maintenance bonuses from Sanitation buildings (Research buildings still have them).

I removed Replenishment bonuses from Agricultural and most Sanitation buildings (Healers still provide them).

In general, the intent is to make the game slightly harder and more logical.

Finally, it increases attrition for besieged settlements. It then adds buildings which significantly lower attrition for besiegers, which means that a properly prepared settlement is harder to take.

Campaign Modifiers Submod

This submod is not intended for everyone to like it.

First: this mod enables more client/vassal levies. If you want a submod that just does that, there are plenty out there.

Second: it raises attrition for besieged units (20%) and besiegers (5%). Thus, it is easier to starve out a garrison (or get starved out). This feature is intended to work alongside my Building Effects submod - or you can use it separately.

Third: this submod makes Growth largely irrelevant by opening up more building slots faster. Each building slot only takes one growth point. The result is that the campaign starts moving more quickly and it is possible to begin specializing sooner. If you do not like that featue, do not use this mod.

Fourth: this submod enables you to train 4 siege galleries at once instead of 3. Obviously, this is a very minor thing.

Modified battles - removes fog and a few other things.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/eafkn...tles.pack/file

As always, feedback and comments are welcome! Enjoy!
    Last edited by Olmsted; January 30, 2023 at 11:26 PM.
    Discord handle Q_Sertorius #0164

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Q Sertorius Submods for DeI

Modified Client States link leads to Increased Army Cap

Thanks for your mods, im using serious pirates

Thanks. Link corrected.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

nice stuff

I updated several of the mods, both here and on Steam, this morning.

I can't download the last submod.

I fixed the link.

I think I have fully updated most of my submods to be compatible with the new GC beta map. If you experience any issues, please let me know.

-Removed effect_bundles to effect junctions tables from Character skills 2.0 to avoid conflicts

-Fixed an error with the Master Shipwrights fleet tradition.

-Fixed an error with the Daring Admiral skill.
    -Removed reduction in Navy upkeep effects from Champions.
    Last edited by Olmsted; October 04, 2021 at 04:38 PM.

-Fixed scope for Master of Statecraft.
    -Fixed scope for Patron of the Military.

Fixed a bug for the No Deployables submod.

-Fixed a bug for army_2_inexorable_conquerors tradition.

-Fixed an error in buildings submod for wonders.

- Updated the list of Levy units in order to make the Drillmaster skill work as intended.

- Patron of the Military now lowers the penalty associated with having a garrison in a settlement (Thanks, Dresden!)

- Updated the new skills beta with Dresden's new personality traits and Leader scripts
    - Personality Traits: Various effects have been removed to streamline the traits. Some effects have been added. Most effects have been increased to make them matter more. Personality "aspects" have been changed to better match each personality name.
    - Background Traits: Negatives added for many traits to add a trade-off. Most effects have been increased.
    - Political Traits: Lowered upkeep bonuses, changed some morale bonuses, removed charge bonuses.
    - Faction Leader Effects: Changed from good/bad to different types of faction leader effects (feared, beloved, etc)
    Last edited by Olmsted; November 09, 2021 at 04:51 PM.

- Removed replenishment bonus from Mercenary Connections skill.

- Swapped spy skill parent/child for collaboration and disruption to make logical sense
    - Fixed Drillmaster skill to apply Zeal bonus instead of Authority bonus
    - Slightly increased bonuses from Drillmaster skill
    - Adjusted several Army traditions to make them more competitive choices
    - Included Ancillary changes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast