Hey,
I've been trying to make minor nations and the more static majors more inclined to actually expand instead of building up a stack and doing absolutely nothing, but with very little success. Giving the FULL CAI Manager to minors appears to do very little if anything at all, same goes for changing CAI personalities. The AI is very unwilling to siege enemy territory, often even going almost completely dormant after a while and not replenishing their troops, seemingly only doing research and building new things. I've been mostly testing this with Denmark, and one interesting thing I've noted is that no matter how much money and tech I give them they end up doing nothing, while Sweden expands even if I change their AI to maintainance. In one unrelated game I conquered all Swedish provinces except for Denmark which they held for a while at that point and I couldn't take since I didn't have a fleet yet, so I peaced out. They only had one province remaining with barely any army left. What did they do that Denmark never does? They expanded, conquering Hanover and The Netherlands and taking Brandenburg from Prussia, becoming very powerful in the process. This is what prompted me to experiment with those two nations in particular. What is it that makes the Danish AI so dormant compared to the Swedish one, even if I give them the same manager?

I've also experimented a bit with the Marathas since they seem to be by far the most aggressive nation and gave them the maintainance manager, and guess what, it did actually have an effect on them. It took them a lot longer to conquer the Mughals than normally, and sometimes they even didn't manage to do it! I would like to do the opposite thing with minor nations since one of my biggest gripes with this game is just how static and predictable every campaign is, but at this point I'm wondering if it is even possible?