Thread: CTD when loading a battle including my army on full stack

colonel klinck's Avatar Foederatus

Default CTD when loading a battle including my army on full stack

Hi,

I got an automatic CTD when loading a battle involving my full stack army. I've detected the problem trying with full stack -1 unit and it works but when attacking all the unit slots I got a CTD. It said : sometimes it is said "unknown error please send your error.log in zip file ect.." and sometimes there is a second message saiying that it is a graphical error advicing to lower the graphic's settings.
    Second problem : I've goy a log subfolder but I don't see any error log.file in my EB2 mod. I've looked for such anomaly in the forum but nothing found.
    Could someone please help me ?

Default Re: CTD when loading a battle including my army on full stack

Logs aren't very well handled in M2TW. There are several possibilities for your logging issue.
    - You might have to enable something in configuration files for logs to even appear in the correct folder
    - You might also have to set the log level to something like TRACE in order for the logs to be more informative.
    - If you're using a Mac, the logs are stored in a completely different directory at User/Library/ApplicationSupport/FeralInteractive/Medieval II Total War/VFS/Local/Logs
    - For other OSs the logs might be stored in a different directory

Ok, thx for replying,

I'm using a PC windows 10, game on steam, CPU 64bits, RAM 16 GO. Installation strictly followed. The only things is that I hadn't played for years and I've already installed and reinstalled the mod on a clean installationof M2TW.

My native resolution is 1920X 1080 but the game recommand to apply 1280X768 on campaign and battle map. Anyway I've tried both and same CTD..."fatal error graphics..."

Here are the log section of my EB2.cfg file

[log]
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt
    level = * error ## generates a smaller error log file. Use this setting during normal gameplay
    #level = * trace ## Currently disabled. Generates a large error log file. Use this setting when tracking down a CTD

Could you please tell me if it is right or if I have to enable or disable stg ?

Please remove the hashtag from the
    level = * trace
    line, and prepend a hashtag to the
    level = * error
    line. This will make the game engine ignore the error logging level, and enable the more comprehensive trace logging level.
    Did you find where logs are generated on your computer? For a Windows OS, they should be at
    [QUOTE][M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\logs/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Following your advice I've changed the log lines with notepad by adding "#" here #level = * error and removing it there "level = * trace"
    (desactivating read only in "properties" then reactivating it after the changes).
    I've played engaging a map battle and got the CTD with the message "fatal graphic error". Oh I forgot, to quit I've to "CTRL+ALT+DEL".
    Alas the logs folder is still empty as before...

Hum, Hi

Is there anyone to guide or advice me about what's going wrong with my EB2 mod bugging with fatal graphic error when I paly battle with or against a full stack army and not triggerring any error file in the "logs" folder, isn't it ?

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

Have you applied the 4GB patch to the .exe? I was having the same issue and after patching my experience has drastically improved. I've had less than 5 ctds in 100+ game turns
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Quote Originally Posted by Metaluis90 View Post
    Have you applied the 4GB patch to the .exe? I was having the same issue and after patching my experience has drastically improved. I've had less than 5 ctds in 100+ game turns
    Hi,
    No I've never read anything about such a patch. I didn't have noticed it in the install guide here. Where is it ? A link maybe ?

Metaluis90's Avatar Ordinarius

I don't know if it's allowed to post 3rd party links here but here it is
    "Rules without exceptions last eternally; Roman Law is the only law"
    "The mighty sword in mighty Roman hands"

Okay;

Thx a lot.
    I'll try this way after having cleaned and reinstalled the game.