Thread: Germani - Politics strange situation

Default Germani - Politics strange situation

I am having a nice campaign with Germani but can't figure out the politics system as is now. One faction has dominated the tribes' influence while I have been trying to combat this consistently and for many rounds. More specifically at the moment I have no army commanded by a 'Celtic Chiftan'. Also I have been giving battles and villages/cities captures plus politics (Send Emissary, Organize games) to the 'Burjoz Chieftans' and even they have the best gravitas among all characters they have 0% political influence.

Last but not least my party is 'Disrespected by tribes' but getting so many bonuses. In fact the lower I get the better it becomes concerning political stability - only some building costs, tax rate penalties which I would take every day to have happy chieftains.

For your better understanding I am attaching some screenshots.

Is this normal or am I missing something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210902165758_1.jpg   20210902165813_1.jpg   20210902165819_1.jpg  

Foederatus

Default Re: Germani - Politics strange situation

For some reason the third party always ends up with all the influence. It is a bug/feature that CA included, perhaps a way to make sure a civil war would result, i've heard. AFAIK there's nothing to do about it.
    Concerning the boni and mali your faction gets in relation to how much influence your party has, this is a deliberate choice for this mod. I think it is intended to simulate the different ways that the cultures and civilizations of the time viewed politics. Some civilizations were more split up with a lot of internal power struggle, like the Germanic tripes, some had a more coherent and centralized form of government like the Greeks and Romans, with less focus on factional independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoten View Post
    For some reason the third party always ends up with all the influence. It is a bug/feature that CA included, perhaps a way to make sure a civil war would result, i've heard. AFAIK there's nothing to do about it.
    Concerning the boni and mali your faction gets in relation to how much influence your party has, this is a deliberate choice for this mod. I think it is intended to simulate the different ways that the cultures and civilizations of the time viewed politics. Some civilizations were more split up with a lot of internal power struggle, like the Germanic tripes, some had a more coherent and centralized form of government like the Greeks and Romans, with less focus on factional independence.
    I am not sure this is a deliberate bug/feature CA implemented. I have played germanic campaigns (Sweboz) before and never had this issue. As things stand in my save, I don't have to bother with politics at all. All factions are happy with double digit loyalty (10+, 20+) with me doing nothing. This is impossible to lead to a civil war.

Also despite I don't take actions or have generals of the 'ruling faction' the balance does not change. This is not normal as well.

I might try a vanilla campaign and see how politics evolve. I would appreciate a DEI dev member to clarify on the matter.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

most of the politics stuff is hardcoded sadly
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; September 21, 2021 at 04:18 AM.

Foederatus

Concerning the bug as a reason to start a civil war, I'm in no way sure that is a deliberate case. I someone mentionned it on this forum, I should have made that clear. But in every and all campaigns I have played, the 3rd party ends out eating the other parties' influence. It has been discussed several times in here, and it always ends with a modder saying its on CA's end.
    I'm linking some discussions from the Total War Forum where the issue is also brought up, and mostly from Rome 2 vanilla as it seems:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/2597295
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...e-and-senators
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/143218/
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/252014/
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/211016/
    Last edited by Ekoten; September 21, 2021 at 04:43 AM.

OK seems like a bug happening randomly. After numerous DEI campaigns it is the first time I encounter this one. Thank you all for clarifying and especially Ekoten.