Thread: Campaign AI /scripts broken?

Default Campaign AI /scripts broken?

I recently repurchased ME2 on Steam to be able to replay some classic mods. I started with Hyrule: Total War, because it is easily the most captivating one, using Nephalim's most recent 4.6 release.

I played a game as Darknut and noticed that my campaign appears to be fundamentally broken. Checking every couple turns with toggle_fow, I see half of the factions literally do nothing at all. Twili sit on their ass in their mone provinces recruiting no units and seemingly not building buildings either, both areas on the map are unchanged since turn 1. Gerudo in turn has massive stacks sitting on the Twili border doing nothing. Gohma also nothing. Stalfos and Moblin never got anywhere beyond three provinces, which I guess are their starting provinces. Only about half of the factions seem to do anything beyond sending out merchants.

Also, when I eradicated Stalfos and Moblins, there was no message about their defeat. Later two factions actually declared war on Stalfos, but they don't own a single province.

Is it supposed to be this broken? Am I just unlucky with my campaign randomly getting broken? I am playing with the medieval2.exe->kingdoms.exe and 4GB patch of course.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: Campaign AI /scripts broken?

Quote Originally Posted by lostthrowaway View Post
    I recently repurchased ME2 on Steam to be able to replay some classic mods. I started with Hyrule: Total War, because it is easily the most captivating one, using Nephalim's most recent 4.6 release.

I played a game as Darknut and noticed that my campaign appears to be fundamentally broken. Checking every couple turns with toggle_fow, I see half of the factions literally do nothing at all. Twili sit on their ass in their mone provinces recruiting no units and seemingly not building buildings either, both areas on the map are unchanged since turn 1. Gerudo in turn has massive stacks sitting on the Twili border doing nothing. Gohma also nothing. Stalfos and Moblin never got anywhere beyond three provinces, which I guess are their starting provinces. Only about half of the factions seem to do anything beyond sending out merchants.

Also, when I eradicated Stalfos and Moblins, there was no message about their defeat. Later two factions actually declared war on Stalfos, but they don't own a single province.

Is it supposed to be this broken? Am I just unlucky with my campaign randomly getting broken? I am playing with the medieval2.exe->kingdoms.exe and 4GB patch of course.
    Hello, you are better off asking questions at the Hyrule Conquest-Discord about version 4.6 as this forum is mostly dead these days.

I can tell you that the reason behind the passive AI is due to the Campaign-AI in use by said mod - in the older versions of HTW the AI was more aggressive and this could be changed back by implementing the old campaign-AI to the 4.6 version. I do remember playing Warcraft: Total War with a different AI that would always turtle with all the armies at the borderlands - by using an AI like the Stainless Steel Savage AI the AI all of a sudden started to invade the player and other factions without thinking of the danger involved.

So to solve the issue you'd need a different AI in the campaign, which could be implemented in the descr_scripts-file.

As for the Stalfos etc not being destroyed maybe some factions can't be killed - in my submod the Twili cannot be destroyed for scripting reasons and can only lose the game by not achieving their victory conditions in time - or if the enemy achieves their victory conditions first.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 05, 2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal