Thread: Is the garrison enough for resisting the attack of one of the migrating tribes factions in Rise of the Republic?

Default Is the garrison enough for resisting the attack of one of the migrating tribes factions in Rise of the Republic?

The Hirpini, the Helveti, the Histri, the Sicilians, the Sikelians, the Illyrian Pirates,the Massylii,etc
    Of course they always appear with a full stack army. In my opinion it is possible to win just with the garrison in case the city is upgraded to at least level 3 ( that includes the port, the military building ( if it has one ) as well ) but the probability of winning is a little small. I didn't win with just the garrison but I killed the general and that's like a victory because if the migrating tribe faction has no settlement before attacking your city, the faction is automatically destroyed when their general is killed in the battle.

Do you usually leave an army ( either full or half stack ) or just a single general unit where those migrating tribes appear from time to time during the game? Or do you just prefer to upgrade the cities that are attacked first by those migrating tribes so that those cities can defend by themselves?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; August 31, 2021 at 05:38 PM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Is the garrison enough for resisting the attack of one of the migrating tribes factions in Rise of the Republic?

Good question! My first reaction was to be surprised that it's possible to defeat a full-stack migrating tribe with a garrison. You make a good point about killing the general. I haven't played a lot of Rise of the Republic (I enjoyed the campaigns I've tried so far); when I did, I generally kept a general or a half-stack in an area where migrating tribes appeared.