Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer I & II & III Mod Questions & Recommendations

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Warhammer I & II & III Mod Questions & Recommendations

WARHAMMER Mod Questions & Recommendations

Looking for that special mod, a mod that suits your needs, but you're new to the forums or you're just too damn lazy to look for it yourself? Ask away here! Even if you're just looking for the most popular mod at the moment, this is the thread to cover your questions.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    OP stolen from Trajan's.
    Last edited by Frunk; November 17, 2016 at 06:28 PM.

Default looking for mod which limits number of units

Currently, an army can have up to 20 units and as subject stated I'm looking for mod which changes this limit number but can't find any. For example, in my case I would love to decrease the limit number to 10 units per army.

P.S. sorry if I post this in a wrong thread.

HouND_DoG's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: looking for mod which limits number of units

Quote Originally Posted by EvgenS View Post
    Currently, an army can have up to 20 units and as subject stated I'm looking for mod which changes this limit number but can't find any. For example, in my case I would love to decrease the limit number to 10 units per army.

P.S. sorry if I post this in a wrong thread.
    Agree with this guy, but maybe decrease it to 12-13 units, I like smaller battles, a lot easier for me to manage and take the time to actually watch instead of microing haha.

Default Re: WARHAMMER Mod Questions and Recommendations

Open Save game parser or any other tool that can edit save games.

Then open up your savegame and navigate to the following:

CAMPAIGN_SAVEGAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL

Here there are two values set at 20, the upper one is for land battles and the lower one is for sea battles. There are of course no sea battles in warhammer so you only have to edit the upper one.

Change both values to your liking, mine are set at 40, but it has been tested at 80 units per army.

Now save your savegame and load it up! You can now place more units in an army and the AI will do so also!

The only downside is that you can't actually see the extra units, you you'll have to write everything down on a paper or something. You can also count the small yellow blocks next to the banner.
    I'm using 40 units per army. You can always edit it so you can field more units, but you can never go down.

Quote Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius| View Post
    Open Save game parser or any other tool that can edit save games.

Then open up your savegame and navigate to the following:

CAMPAIGN_SAVEGAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL

Here there are two values set at 20, the upper one is for land battles and the lower one is for sea battles. There are of course no sea battles in warhammer so you only have to edit the upper one.

Change both values to your liking, mine are set at 40, but it has been tested at 80 units per army.

Now save your savegame and load it up! You can now place more units in an army and the AI will do so also!
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have installed SaveParser, opened one of the savegame but can not see how can I navigate to the "CAMPAIGN_SAVEGAME -> CAMPAIGN_ENV -> CAMPAIGN_MODEL"?

I can open only this army list:
    https://gyazo.com/c120b48de9b8cbc6ff0e79a85b7017a8

I tried with the wrong programm
    I found this guide with the link to proper programm and managed to decrease Army units cap to 10. Thanks for help!

Link to the guide
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...al-Here-is-how

Posts merged. You will receive the ability to edit your posts once you have made 25 in total.
    Last edited by Frunk; August 23, 2016 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

a) You can change army size in SaveParser in Panel "Edit - Global"
    b) What Quintus Sertorius|meant is: right click an entry in any table and click in the displayed context menu "open in EditSF"

When you decrease army units cap to 10 garrisons of cities are also decrease to the same cap.
    Does anyone know how to avoid decreasing cities garrisons? Or it is not possible through this parser?

RoninX2807's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by EvgenS View Post
    When you decrease army units cap to 10 garrisons of cities are also decrease to the same cap.
    Does anyone know how to avoid decreasing cities garrisons? Or it is not possible through this parser?
    To be honest I don't know what happens to garrisons armies whether they are limited then also. Maybe give it a try and report back.
    Well, to to be sure you have to make a mod that lowers the providing units for buildings.

Default Varg and Skaeling factions playable

Is there a mod to make a campaign with these two factions ?? I clashed with Varg and Skaeling and they seem very cool factions, with good, savage units.. they are like the barbarians in Rome II

Default Re: Varg and Skaeling factions playable

Quote Originally Posted by somatophylakes View Post
    Is there a mod to make a campaign with these two factions ?? I clashed with Varg and Skaeling and they seem very cool factions, with good, savage units.. they are like the barbarians in Rome II
    The issue with Faction Unlocker Mods is that each DLC and each new update usually makes them redundant and leads to game crashes as the updates and DLC change the files, including the Startpos I believe, which is the crucial file for the Faction Unlocker Mods and from what I've read the Startpos file is a big workload to keep updating so that's why most of the Unlock mods were created in June/July which was straight after the initial Vanilla release and there's no new ones as far as I know..... I did read however, that the Mousillon Faction Unlock Mod (it might also include the Varg & Skaeling) seems to work with all the new updated and DLC despite never being updated..... it's available via the Steam Community Workshop, give it a try?

thanks

Is there any mod that makes the besieged troops attack invaders, before defenders will die from hunger?

Default Getting rid of Legendary difficulty restriction of the camera?

Is there a mod or a how to to get rid of that for Warhammer total war? I would really like to play in legendary setting without the camera restrict-stuff to make it more enjoyable while viewing ranged units mowing down enemies.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Getting rid of Legendary difficulty restriction of the camera?

Try the Olympic battle camera mod on Steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=691822039

With this, AI will attack instead of besieging forever. They'll besiege for a couple of turns to build siege engines. So yeah, you'll actually get to defend your fortress.
    Life is a prison, death a release.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Try the Olympic battle camera mod on Steam workshop.
    unfortunately that does not solve my issue. none of the mods can do it , i even ask if the owner of the mod can do it and they said they can't. so i guess its not possible

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=753231428

Lorehammer is awesome. I started off playing radious but have switched to his one lately, loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by samuraixkan View Post
    unfortunately that does not solve my issue. none of the mods can do it , i even ask if the owner of the mod can do it and they said they can't. so i guess its not possible
    Not sure if this is what you mean, that none of the mods do, or none of the mods 'can' do it. Regardless, it can definitely be done. What specifically do you like about legendary difficulty?? If its the bonus that the ai gets, then its easy to duplicate this by making VH have all the same parameters, but without the camera restrictions, that way you get the difficulty you want AND the camera you want.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Steelmidnight, I moved your post into its own thread (click here).

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: WARHAMMER Mod Questions & Recommendations

Is there AOR mod?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast