Thread: Patch 6

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Patch 6

Patch 6 - A horrible name for what this intends to (and does in some cases) do;

1. Restoration of cut content - removed or obsoleted animations and effects, cut units/mechanics, the original start era, etc.
    2. Reversion to the original build - making the experience more accurate to the trailers and cutting the fat added by later patches.*
    3. Better balancing - better ebb and flow of battles, with each faction having a distinct play-style.

*Does include additions from Napoleon, mainly fx and other minor improvements.

In summary: This mod does not aim to overhaul the game, rather polish and improve on the content already present, and revive planned features left on the cutting-room floor.
    ==================================================================================================================================

This is a very early WIP and as such is especially buggy, unfinished and liable to change.
    There's a slight chance the campaign and naval battles will crash.

Some sounds are currently bugged as the sound events apply to the newest DB base, which this was not created on.

Download

To install; Drag all the contents of the archive into the data folder - enable the main packfile (patch6.pack) and/or the optional music (patch6music.pack) as you would any other mod.

Latest version: 4
    Last edited by Lugie; October 20, 2021 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Update5

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Patch 6

Update 1:
    Mainly updates to the fx and polishing of existing content. Fixed crashes related to native american units.
    The Brandywine creek scenario has been fully updated and should be working.

Download link updated

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Update 2:
    Very small update, mostly prepwork for campaign and such.
    For battles: Added Indian factions, (almost) finished cavalry stats, and some small adjustments to matched combat. Added craters and scorch-marks for projectiles.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Discontent Director Patrician Citizen

This sounds like a great mod! I'm intrigued by what you mean by the original start era - have you changed the start date of the main campaign? You said that the experience is more accurate to the trailers, would you like to say more about the specific changes you've made, or what you see as the most important aspects of the game-play in the trailers? When you say that you cut the fat added by later patches, what did you take out specifically?

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    This sounds like a great mod! I'm intrigued by what you mean by the original start era - have you changed the start date of the main campaign? You said that the experience is more accurate to the trailers, would you like to say more about the specific changes you've made, or what you see as the most important aspects of the game-play in the trailers? When you say that you cut the fat added by later patches, what did you take out specifically?
    For your first point; The original start era was close after the end of medieval 2 - around 1680 or so. That was cut midway through development, with the only remnants of it being mostly broken pike-men and such. The hope is to bring some of that content back, providing a distinct experience separate from the late era - this would mainly effect sieges.

Second; Most of the sound effects and units have been reverted to the build that was used in the land-battle trailer. Some aspects of the combat have been rolled back to medieval 2 standards, such as reload times being the same for all units, relying on the animation for any increase in fire-rate. Almost all of the animations have also been replaced with their older variants. Along with many other changes, most importantly to the morale system, projectile behaviors and unit stats, the hope is to emulate an experience closer to older titles. Most of the changes the patches made, and the content they added, has been reverted or removed.
    Last edited by Lugie; September 12, 2021 at 08:20 AM.

I love the idea of this and will definitely give it a go. I've always wanted a really good pike and shot Total War.

I love the idea of this and will definitely give it a go. I've always wanted a really good pike and shot Total War.

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Update 3:
    Custom land battles are completely playable, but still needs polish. All the major factions are done, but not fully tested, and some minor factions with unique rosters are available but certainly unfinished.
    (any maps with broken preview images are probably not working and will crash).

I haven't encountered any consistent crashes barring some bugs from the more outlandish/hacky units (petardiers). If anybody encounters bugs or otherwise broken stuff, lemme know.

The next update will focus on the campaign - hopefully introducing a mostly playable form at first, with all the cut content coming afterwards.

Download link updated

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Update 4:
    Custom/mp land battles are mostly finished, the only thing left is cost balancing. Biggest feature would be working pikemen without needing the borked spearwall ability. However, this update is once again mostly background work; the MP and SP unit rosters have been separated, allowing for balancing and changes that dont affect the campaign. Speaking of campaign;

The first modifications to the campaign have been added - its still extremely wip and broken, and naval units have not been added. The next update will be focused entirely on getting the campaign to snuff. Shouldn't be too long as most of the heavy lifting is already done. The land unit rosters are done, its just the tech tree and naval that needs work.

Download link updated
    Last edited by Lugie; October 15, 2021 at 04:17 AM.

is this a user made patch or coming straight from CA?
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Update 5:
    Huzzah! The campaign at its base form is now completely playable, even if its more rusty than an old tap.
    Custom land battles are done. The next update will probably focus on this aspect of the game. More maps, or rather, fixing the cut ones would be a good milestone. I'd also like to improving the existing ones - a good portion of them are just randomly generated and not very interesting, and even worse,
    it seems alot of issues the game has comes from the map. It seems half the reason the ai is so terrible is because most of the maps lack hints, markers, and other small but important details - its fighting blind most of the time.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this version - This will probably be the last update for awhile.

Download link updated?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Empire Total War remastered
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

I haven't played empire in a few months so i think im saying this right but there's a map error in North america. There's two different provinces with a boundary between them, capitol cities for both, but both are named "Cherokee province" when you hover your mouse over each territory. I believe but check there's definately something map wise going on in the region. I don't remember if each territory has it's own panel (taxes, exempt from taxes, rebellion statistic etc) or if it's lumped together. But do check, there's definatley a map bug in the region. Cherokee province is to the right (georgia, alabama) and the nameless province is to the left (Mississippi)

IS this save game compatible with a vanilla game? Perhaps i'll try it out

I've never played an empire mod yet. I installed this but it just starts like the vanilla campaign. Can someone help me run it as a mod?