Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] TAG Finals

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [GS Event] TAG Finals

After the bloody quarter finals, the next challenge awaits each team! The Difficulty increases significantly, as in this round there will be many new elements of hotseating that you will need to dominate to win, such as expanded siege and agents rules, underdeveloped starting settlements and expansions against AI.

We will be using Ancient Conquest mod. You can download the mod from its mod page LINK
    and you have to apply a minor HS patch (just extract into your Ancient Conquest mod folder and overwrite) LINK 2

The semi finals and finals are hosted here in TWC.
    Visit the TAG tavern to discuss the tournament - LINK

TEAMS
    Sparta and Egypt - Nonameneeded (boernin + jimmy_dude)
    Satrapy of Lydia and Cilicia - realpolitik (Mergor + Francisco22)

Rules
    (for the finals)

General:
    - The hotseat will last 25 turns, unless the winner is clear sooner.
    - All teams must fight properly till the end, despite their defeat possibly being unavoidable, until the winner team is declared, either by both loosing teams admitting defeat, or by admins declaring a winner after the turns limit (Victors would be decided by a vote amongst the organizers based on how each faction managed in general).
    - NO BENDING/ALLIANCES with other teams and no diplomacy at all.
    - PASSWORDS IN THE TEAM MUST BE SHARED with your teammate. No admin subbing, if one of the players cant play his turn, his teammate shall sub him. The factions played by the team will not be assigned to players by admins, it will be up to players within the team to decide who plays which factions. The players are of course meant to plan and play for both factions together.
    - PM the next whole team that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn, 48 hours per team.
    - 2 strike rule when it comes to a team being late. If your late 2 times with no warning, word or reason then you'll be kicked.
    - The Western corner of the map is out bounds, as well as Persepolis (see the map preview). Nobody may enter these regions during the entirety of the Hotseat.
    - Not allowed to call invasions or similar.
    - Restrictions for siege, agents and so on dont apply against AI.

Bugs and Exploits:
    - No exploits/bugs allowed: Posting defeats, making walls of units on map to disallow enemy agents to move and stomping/killing agents with units, surrounding armies/navies to deny retreat, intentionally spreading a plague with agents/units, stepping on a merchant to remove him from a trade resource, exploiting AI factions ( for example demanding/accepting money or settlements from AI factions), and more.
    - Not allowed to give money to your other faction if you are bankrupted.
    - Full list of exploits and bugs here
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...cussion-Thread

Military rules:
    - You cannot attack enemy lands of opponent teams, if they have not played their first turn yet.** You can however cross lands of theirs during the 1st turn, if your army doesnt stand in enemy territory after it has finished movement). You can enter your ally's lands on turn 1. It means for example, that during the 1st turn, Syracuse cannot attack Sparta, but Sparta can attack Syracuse.
    - All battles are auto-resolved. Screenshots must be posted with: odds and result screens, mouse over the odds bar to show the ratio, the armies involved with their banners visible on the campaign map, unit card of siege unit must be visible if used to directly assault settlement. In some matches manual battles against AI will be allowed.
    - Armies that are defeated in battle by a player that comes after them in the turn list may not move the following turn. This is to make it fair for people who are defeated by players that come before them in the turn list. Armies standing in a settlement/fort when defeated are excluded from this rule.
    - 2 forts per region per team, and forts need to have a garrison of at least 5 units , to limit fort spamming a bit.
    - Ships cannot leave blockaded ports. It's not allowed to keep units protected by placing them in ships docked in a port.
    - It is allowed to block ports via ground troops. At least 2 units per ship required.
    - To win a naval battle, you need at least 1:2 odds!
    - Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle in your turn.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it in your turn.
    - You are not allowed to build watchtowers.
    - Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    - Bribed units/agents cant move for one turn. As bribed generals are also counted generals stolen by princesses.
    - No ransoming allowed
    - You are not allowed to lure an ambushing army a tile closer, for example to bring it in range of more of your forces.

Siege engines are allowed
    - Each unit of siege equipment can be used just once in each turn to take settlement.
    - Ballistas can assault wooden walls and forts,
    - catapults can also assault basic stone walls (but not large/huge stone walls)

Agent rules:
    - Spies are not allowed to open Gates on players, unless there is at least 60% (for large/huge settlement its 80%) chance of entering into the settlement/fort. If a spy was has been in city/fort for several turns, you will have to leave the settlement and enter it again. If inside the settlement/fort is at least 1200 soldiers (720 for large/huge settlements), than spies may not open the gates anyway. Screenshots must be provided
    - Assassins cannot sabotage and are not allowed to kill family members or generals. Assassins need at least 60% chance to kill other agents, for enemy assassins/spies just 30% is required. Screenshots must be provided
    - Princess must have over 30% odds of success in order to steal a general. Pictures must be posted as proof of these odds. However, if the stealing of a general leads to a bug, such as that a besieging enemy army lifts the siege, then it would not be allowed.
    - Merchants need 60% to acquire other merchant's assets. Only allowed in your own regions, Rebel Controlled Regions, or regions you have aquired Trade rights to. Screenshots required
    - It is not allowed to put agents that cant be bribed into forts (princesses, priests,...)

Settlement rules:
    - Destruction of buildings is not allowed. Only exceptions are churches of foreign religions. They can be destroyed immediately after taking a settlement
    - Settlements gifted to your teammate should disband all units save one. No gifting regions in a war zone (bordering faction at war with, or under threat). Only allowed once per 5 turns.

MAP

Good luck!
    Last edited by Jadli; September 26, 2021 at 02:07 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [GS Event] TAG Finals

Alright, we begin! https://www.mediafire.com/file/m91aa...rta_1.sav/file (due to several drop outs in the semis, we moved into the finals with the remaining players, using the same scenario)

Just minor changes done to the original scenario (obvious different playable area... Orestias taken from Thracs and given to the rebels, better barracks for Lydia, fixed 0 loyalty generals, etc).

Also, rules are the same, but merc ships were removed.
    Last edited by Jadli; August 25, 2021 at 04:03 AM.

ext

Gaming Emeritus

Alright

jimmy_dude's Avatar Libertus

Sent to Mergor/Francisco in discord

Gaming Emeritus

post the saves here guys

Gaming Emeritus

reminder sent

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._Sparta_2E.sav

Whoops. This was sent on the seventh, just forgot to upload here

Gaming Emeritus

reminder sent again... keep the pace up guys, or this is not gonna anywhere either...

(context: all players agreed informally in Discord DM-s, this is Jadli's request)

I support that there should be two rules changes starting this turn, such as:
    1: The rule that forts can only be built in controlled teritorries, is deleted
    2: A rule is added that ships needs 1:2 odds at least to win.

I am happy to let the other player replay their turn if they wish to change anything, but I would prefer if we don't delay with a rule change.

Me and boernin both support this, we don't need to change anything

I agreed with my beloved dude

Gaming Emeritus

reminder sent...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qC...ew?usp=sharing lydia

Screens here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gj?usp=sharing

I kicked the parthian army by jerusalem back to sidon in order to attack it and reach the cilcian satrap in case you were wondering how that was done

I am not sure if this is luck or skill (wouldn't be surprised if it was skill though) but either way I think this is GG unless Francisco wants to continue

Before absolutely hating me, hear me out Jadli and check the save out. With this move, where he could bypass my seemingly perfect defense he:
    1: Took Sidon with spies, which due to your rules is the single most important settlement in that region
    2: Chased my satrap into the fort with my units, besieged it so I cannot sally out
    3: And by killing syria, blocked any hope for a counterattack with his bireme.

All this means that I lost my entire starting army and bireme, giving him complete naval supeority with Sidon's shipwright. I also hedged all my bets on my moves in the hopes of capturing Sidon, but having failed that I both don't have my objective, nor an economy to outproduce Egypt by ignoring Sidon and rushing Cyprus. The latter is the only viable strategy it seems with the possibility to chasing the Syrians next to the city, or what jimmy did.
    In the long run this means that even if I manage to stealmate egypt at Tarsus, they will be in an overall better position and will win the finals. And unfortunately, and I hope you understand this Jadli, with my masters starting and new responsibilites, I'll be happy if I don't have to stop hotseating altogether, and I do not have the willpower to spend hours on turns just so I can keep the status quo. Jimmy is a better player then me, and so you know how tryhard turns get.

Unless Francisco wants to play on, I wish to stop here and declare boernin and jimmy the winner. His move was brilliant.

Gaming Emeritus

His moves tend to be that way recently

Well, if you guys yield to jimmy and boernin, there is no other way forward than declaring them winners of the tournament .

I will have francisco post to see how he sees the situation

Yeah Take Sidon or loose, it's basicly Like this, so probaly GG & this move was 100% a masterpiece of Jimmy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast