Thread: [Submod] Chrissant's "Better Client States"

Chrissant's Avatar Laetus

Icon11 [Submod] Chrissant's "Better Client States"

Better Client States

Introduction

Greetings,

This submod has been uploaded on the steam workshop for quite some time now, but I'll share it here just in case some are unaware.
    People may disagree on whether vassals (client states and satrapies) are good enough as they stand, or not as useful or reliable as they should be. Regardless, if you are someone who wants to rapaciously extract an exorbitant amount of tribute from them and force those underlings to offer you more than a meager selection of 1 or 2 levy tier trash that tucktail and rout from fights every time, every turn, this mod is for you. (I do think vassals suck, by the way.)

This mod will indirectly buff the utility of client states with the following effects:

- You may levy 1 additional unit from vassals at imperium level 3, 2 at imperium level 4, and capping at 3 from imperium level 5 onwards.
    - You gain 10% additional trade tariffs from your vassals at imperium level 3, 15% at imperium level 4, 20% at imperium level 5, and capping at 25% from imperium level 6 onwards.

No longer will your vassals behave like incapable peons, but instead stand by you as steady sidekicks offering you the best their roster has to offer alongside more in tribute and trade tariffs than you can gain by directly occupying their territories.

Installation & Compatibility
    This submod has been uploaded to the steam workshop, which you may check in the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2403462819

It should be compatible with any other submod that does not touch the same tables and is also multiplayer-friendly, although I don't know how you'd manage to do so considering how difficult it is to make multiplayer work at all.
    I strongly recommend you use this mod with the DEI Alexander submod or my Persian/Armenian glory mods or even the stronger Rome mod so you can play as or against much tougher empires composed not only of their native forces but their nasty henchmen as well.

Credits
    Everything in this submod is merely an edited extraction from the DEI packfile, so ultimate credit of any and all submods of mine do go to the DEI team, and should any issues arise with the content I upload I will take them down accordingly.
    Last edited by Chrissant; August 21, 2021 at 11:21 PM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [Submod] Chrissant's "Better Client States"

This mod is a dream come true but... I don't use DeI. Is there a version of this mod that works with vanilla R2TW?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

by checking the pack... seems to me it's compatible with anything
    it's adding 2 effects through a fragmented table, the worst it can do is overwriting eventual existing and specific effect values

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    by checking the pack... seems to me it's compatible with anything
    it's adding 2 effects through a fragmented table, the worst it can do is overwriting eventual existing and specific effect values
    Ehmmm... then can someone tell me what is "trade tariffs" ?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Chrissant's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Ehmmm... then can someone tell me what is "trade tariffs" ?
    I believe they refer to the positive % modifier placed on income from trading. In this mod, the modifier only affects trade routes you have established with client states. For example, let's say your trade route with Armenia was yielding a 100 gold. If you had a 10% trade tariff modifer with client states and Armenia became your client state on the next turn, that trade route would now yield 110 gold. Again, not as significant in the early game, but rather impactful in the late game when trade routes yield a lot of gold.