Thread: Ultimate 12 Turns Per Year

Icon6 Ultimate 12 Turns Per Year

Salve Citizens,

This is a 12 turns per year mod, but not the standard one that just increases the turns to 12. With this mod, everything else in the game is moved, slowed, or sped up, to make all the features and systems of the game expand out to a 12 tpy system. This mod aims to be the all-in-one, ultimate 12 turns per year mod, for Divide et Impera. No more downloading half a dozen mods to stretch the Grand Campaign out to a full 12tpy game.

This mod does the following things:

- Full 12tpy mod
    - Building times extended to better fit 12 tpy
    - Agents and Generals require more XP to level
    - Historical Characters spawning extended
    - Reduced Movement of Agents and Armies to match 12tpy
    - Extended Recruitment times
    - Technologies take longer to research

One thing I love about Divide et Impera is the wonderful love and attention Dresden has given the seasons, it's an extremely well-done concept that adds a TON of realism, IMO. However, with 4 turns per year, let's be honest, the seasons are pretty much an afterthought, only there for the graphics effect. They simply don't add much or make you pause much at 4tpy, as they just fly by way too fast, beyond the gfx changes on the map, you probably barely notice it beyond that. Thus IMO, I believe 12 turns per year is the sweet spot when playing such a grand mod as Divide et Impera. Don't rob yourself of one of the aspects that will add a lot of realism to your campaigns. Campaign as Caeser, Scipio, Hannibal, well Hannibal did whatever he wanted when he wanted. But you get the point!

First and foremost plan your offensives around the campaigning season (Spring-Fall), as was appropriate. Don't neglect to prepare for the winter, especially if you live in a region with a harsh climate. Stock up on food and supplies for the winter. You can get a little lazy in warmer climates, but if you're going to live and campaign in heavy snow, or high heat, better make the appropriate precautions beforehand, or you're going to lose a lot more men to the elements than you need to.

Your Armies and agents move slower now to account for only 1 month's movement, as opposed to 3 months. Plan accordingly. Building costs and times have been extended, taking longer to construct now, better filling out the longer campaign. Agents and Units take longer to recruit and will require more experience to level up now. Everything has been extended and slowed to better fit with the longer campaign.

I hope this helps people experience the game in its most complete form. That's just my opinion but after experiencing 12tpy I haven't been able to go back to 2, or even 4 turns per year, it's just robbing so much of the experience from you, not the least of which is the fantastic work done to the seasons with this mod.

Any and all reasonable comments and suggestions are welcome. I'll try my best to accommodate any requests so long as I don't feel they violate the principle of the ultimate 12 tpy mod anyone would need.

Hail Dresden and the entire Divide et Impera team!

STEAM LINK:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2486145654

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Ultimate 12 Turns Per Year

well done

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    well done
    Why thank you sir. I got tired of having to download a bunch of mods to get a fully fledged 12tpy campaign so after making this, I figured there were many like me who wanted a full on 12tpy campaign. I hope it helps someone enjoy this wonderful DeI mod just a little more!
    Achaia is the Achaean League, and the Peloponnese!

Wonderful! This helps immensely as, so far I know, having too many mods makes the game unstable so having all these mods in one helps me add some extra great mods.

But I assume the only downside is the usual that characters basically never die of age?
    And that the historic messages (''what happened in 297 BC'') will basically never progres.

Quote Originally Posted by userstupidname View Post
    Wonderful! This helps immensely as, so far I know, having too many mods makes the game unstable so having all these mods in one helps me add some extra great mods.

But I assume the only downside is the usual that characters basically never die of age?
    And that the historic messages (''what happened in 297 BC'') will basically never progres.
    Yes, that was my initial motivation, I needed more mod room, lol. Honestly I just wanted a full on 12tpy mod that negated the need for half a dozen mods to get the campaign fully 12tpy.

As for your characters, they will age, certainly slower than say 4tpy, but I've advanced them all down the Cursus Honorum, through the age and battle requirements, although admittedly I tweaked the Cursus Honorum a little bit to make it work better for me, but that's not really relevant, they will age, just 1 year in 12 turns, and every 12 turns you'll get the 'historic messages' popup. Each January. This just slows things down a bit, and adds a TON of realism to the campaign if you ask me.
    Achaia is the Achaean League, and the Peloponnese!

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Yes, that was my initial motivation, I needed more mod room, lol. Honestly I just wanted a full on 12tpy mod that negated the need for half a dozen mods to get the campaign fully 12tpy.

As for your characters, they will age, certainly slower than say 4tpy, but I've advanced them all down the Cursus Honorum, through the age and battle requirements, although admittedly I tweaked the Cursus Honorum a little bit to make it work better for me, but that's not really relevant, they will age, just 1 year in 12 turns, and every 12 turns you'll get the 'historic messages' popup. Each January. This just slows things down a bit, and adds a TON of realism to the campaign if you ask me.
    Ah, and I assume it's an impossibility to affect aging.
    While I understand many likes it this way, I would actually enjoy a normal campaign (200 or so turns) would have perhaps 3 generations. Having the same leader throughout the game and not having children grow up is quite jarring. My dream would be 12tpy seasons, build, recruitment, tech, wise but like 2tpy for aging and making the years go by. Modding feels like a curse sometimes as it makes one hunt for the elusive ''perfect'' experience

Patrician

only workaround is a kill script with random dices and based on age
    can have some issues some times though

Hi, I have recently tried your mod however I am still noticing the seasons change every turn. Should this be happening or do I have an issue. My mod order is graphical mods at the top then 12 tpy then DEI 1-3.

Thanks

Patrician

not sure if this mod has the 12tpy pack incorporated, by seeing the size should have
    try to remove the 12tpy standalone
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 27, 2021 at 05:21 PM.

I tried only with the Ultimate 12 tpy still no luck. I tried to reset the launcher cache which moved u12tpy to be low DEI 1-3. Should it be loaded after the main mod parts or before?
    I can get 12 turns on imperator augustus but not grand campaign.

Thanks for the help, any other ideas I could try.

Patrician

- remove all the packs from your data and steam mod folder
    - download mitch's manager (here you have a word file with instructions)
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/di18t...a_mod.odt/file
    - download twc dei packs (1 and 2)
    - use this order (from top to bottom)
    a) ultimate 12 tpy
    b) dei official 12 tpy
    c) dei 2nd part
    d) dei 1st part

mitch'0s manager will open the steam manager but will force to keep order and checks

I can't get any of these 12 tpy mods working, I followed all the instructions precisely.
    I have no other submods, I used Jake's load order and Mitch's Launcher. I tried reinstalling Rome 2 and DEI (deleted all folders).

Also, the Ultimate 12 TPY is a Steam Workshop mod so I don't understand how it can be added to the load order of Mitch's Launcher.

I believe I have it working now. I am 100 turns into an Iceni campaign and seasons are working correctly and build times/recruitment are different also.
    The steps I took were: (using the CA mod launcher)
    1) Cleaned out any old mod files in my data folder & unsubscribed from all my steam mods
    2) Verified game files
    3) Re-subscribed to mods + DEI packs
    4) Put Ultimate 12 tpy at #1 in the launcher
    5) All other mods above DEI packs
    6) DEI packs at the bottom

Took me a few go's to get it all figured out but this worked for me. It's a great mod slows things down a bit, maybe the movement distances could be reduced again(you can still move 60-70% of 4tpy distance). But having alot of fun with it so far.

Good luck getting it to work

Firstly, thank you so much for this mod, i have only just recently came across it & I'm loving it - however I do have 1 question;

I have noticed that many units need multiple turns to recruit units (that's great) except for Roman units. e.g legionnaires take 1 turn to recruit?

Is it meant to be like this or have I done something wrong?

Regards,

Hi,
    is it compatybile with 1.2.8 beta?

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post

Really I don't know how to adapt the 'aging' problem with the TPY mods. And ofc I don't know how DEI adapt it for 4TPY from vanilla 1 TPY (for Grand Campaign). Because I'm struggling to make a 4tpy mod for vanilla (for personal use) and I don't know the 'full list' of changes to be made in database tables. Only building cost/turns and so, aren't enough I think. Searched a lot and can't find a proper description for that changes.