Thread: Several questions - light rays, non-magical hero retinue, hero retinue instead of lord, large or not units, unassailable chaos armies

Default Several questions - light rays, non-magical hero retinue, hero retinue instead of lord, large or not units, unassailable chaos armies

1- What are these light beams ?

2- if I give a magical retinue, for example apprentice sorcerer, to a non-magical hero, will it give magic points to the spell casting heroe in the same army ?

3- if I give a movement increasing retinue, for example a scribe, or a sight range increasing retinue, to a hero instead of giving it to a lord, will it increase movement or sight range as well ?

4- how do I know if a specific unit is "large" or not ? For example squiqs or mounted squiqs ? Are there only two types of size, large or small, or is it more progressive ? For example lancers will get a small bonus against squiqs, a bigger bonus against mounted squiqs, and a greater bonus against giants...

5- Playing as the Jagsmarshall in the vortex campaign there are wandering chaos bands that come across my territory but they don't attack me and most of all I can't declare war on them. Here "déclarer la guerre" means declare war :

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Several questions - light rays, non-magical hero retinue, hero retinue instead of lord, large or not units, unassailable chaos armies

You mentioned that you're playing the Vortex Campaign. The light beams look like the beams that appear in the Vortex Campaign when a ritual is happening, as shown in this article.

You asked which units are large. According to a Warhammer Wiki:
    Units are either considered large or small. Infantry, war beasts, and most artillery crews are small. Cavalry, chariots, war machines, monstrous infantry, and monsters are large.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Several questions - light rays, non-magical hero retinue, hero retinue instead of lord, large or not units, unassailable chaos armies

5- These Chaos armies are probably triggered by one of the main race when they do a ritual linked to the Vortex campaign. They can only interract with the faction which did the ritual, even their allies can't attack it.