Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Guide for Missions

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: A Guide for Missions

And BINGO (nvm, see edit)

"create_mission give_settlement faction" commands work! You just have to use it the moment a settlement is taken. (I assume when a settlement is exported)

script sample (if you put campaign_wait between capture and create_mission, it doesnt work)
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType scotland 

console_command capture_settlement Nottingham
           create_mission barons_alliance_give_settlement scotland

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    So that opens new doors, perhaps we can figure out some way to transfer settlements after all. Of course, you cant specify which settlement it is in the command and the "faction" is the faction that receives the mission to give up the settlement (the faction that receives the settlement is set in descr_missions. Though you could easily make variants for each faction). We could check which settlement is being assaulted and by whom I believe (can someon propose a script like that, Im kinda noob with these) and put the give_settlement mission right after the battle. (if the siege would fail, nothing would happen)

Im testing in bare geomod, I attach the mission data you need for this mission to work, if you guys wanna test this out https://www.mediafire.com/file/5s6nv...geomod.7z/file

To be clear, in bare geomod there is no Barons Alliance, so I used France in their place instead. (Thus France is the one receiving Nottingham)

It works

EDIT

Also is necessary to test, whether it depends on relations between donoring and receiving faction

EDIT 2

Nvm, capture_settlement command tricked me. I thought it gives a settlement to the faction that has its turn, not to the player always. The post 100 actually has the same issue
    Last edited by Jadli; March 13, 2021 at 06:41 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Welp, its still possible. If you give Scotland (in my case) the "barons_alliance_take_settlement" mission (which I again repeat is the one that triggers the _give_settlement mission upon taking the settlement), it works, the settlement CAN be given to France (replacing barons alliance in my case). I managed to get Scotland give the settlement they took to France via the mission. (you just need to figure out some other way to take it than capture_settlement and meet the requirements)

But of course, some expected requirements needs to be met (thanks jojo for help ).

Of course the mission parameters (standing to "France/barons alliance", settlement level, etc, you can see that in descr_missions). There is also that calculation that somehow detemines if the AI accepts it:
    chance of ai accepting = 20 + (faction_standing_to_sent_faction * 80) + (global_standing_of_sent_faction * 20) + (num_settlements_owned * 1.1)

And jojo found in the memory, that the donor faction will never choose to give the settlement, if it has less than 4 settlements.

(Funny the SEGA developed this calculation of AI gifting the settlement, when AI dont ven receive missions.)

To be clear, I gave Scotland barons_alliance_take_settlement mission, gave them more starting settlements, set thir relations with France to max, and ensured that they take Nottingham (spawn_army + siege_settlement), as I knew that would be the missions target.
    Last edited by Jadli; March 13, 2021 at 07:53 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright lot of good news in the end!

I explored what the "only_dead_source_factions" parameter does, and we were right, it allows you to bring a dead faction So we have a brand new way of emerging factions.
    Only "but" is, that the emerging faction needs to be shadowing... but fear not, it can be just false shadowing. Going to explain below.

So, you need to set your descr_sm_factions like this
    Code:
    faction                        france, shadowing england
    if you want real shadowing (shadowed_by for england is not needed, and as I said in the other thread, dont use it cause its broken.)

If you want just false shadowing, use this (you can use this for every faction)
    Code:
    faction                        france, shadowing slave
    It does essentially nothing (the rebels cant rebel, and french rebels still rebel normally)

Descr_strat should be set like this:
    Code:
    faction    france, balanced smith
    ai_label        catholic
    dead_until_resurrected
    (re_emergent)
    denari    8000
    denari_kings_purse    1500
    re_emergent is not necessary. It allows the faction to re emerge again and again, once its killed. Its essential to use dead_until_ressurected and not dead_until_emerged, as the latter does nothing (the mission is not created). BTW, if you dont use shadowing, the mission is not created for the latter either, while for _ressurected it is, but it crashes the game the moment the faction is emerged (so apparently works only with shadowing)

Eventhough I already posted, how is the mission supposed to look, lets do it one more time to make things clear

Code:
    mission    council_take_settlement barons_alliance_take_settlement
    {
        BARONS_ALLIANCE
        duration 15
        exclude_duration 50
        score_modifier 20.5
        max_score            200.0    ; max score clamp
        difficult_turn_start    35
        turn_start            20
        paybacks
        {
            payback_id barons_alliance_take_settlement_reward
        }

lower_diff_threshold    0.0    ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 0.0
        upper_diff_threshold    1.0    ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 1.0
        ratio_modifier        50.0    ; modifies score (+) by ratio * modifier
        no_garrison_modifier    50.0    ; modifies score (+) by modifier if garrison exists
        min_settlement_level    village
        target_faction        england
        source_faction        france ; the shadowing faction
        source_faction_standing    -1.0
        only_dead_source_factions ; this is the difference to the mission we discussed previously. If the line is there, only dead source factions request this mission from a faction, and can be emerged. If the line is not there, the alive source factions asks you to take a settlement from target faction for them (using that widely in TES), hence the thoughts about being able to transfer settlement in the previous post
        link_mission_id        barons_alliance_give_settlement ; this triggers the mission below the moment this mission is fulfilled (when you take the settlement)
        min_stance_threshold    Neutral
    }

;chance of ai accepting = 20 + (faction_standing_to_sent_faction * 80) + (global_standing_of_sent_faction * 20) + (num_settlements_owned * 1.1)

mission    give_settlement barons_alliance_give_settlement ; this is the yes/no mission that can give the settlement to france, and thus also emerge it.
    {
        BARONS_ALLIANCE
        duration 0
        score_modifier 1.0
        paybacks
        {
            payback_id barons_alliance_give_settlement_reward_penalty
        }

target_faction        france ; the shadowing faction that receives the settlement
    }
    (+ of course the entries in mission.txt. And you oughta change shadow_faction_appears entry in event_titles and event_strings)

And the donor factions needs to have at least 4 settlements, and presumably have good relations etc.

There seems to be several interesting ways to use this:
    a) You are giving this mission only to a player, so that he can choose to emerge factions, for example his fallen allies, when he is retaking their lands
    b) Giving out these misions kind of randomly to AI as well, so they can do the the same as player in a), thought that would be used more for randomly re emerging factions (would be hard to predict which settlement they get a task to take, but you could for example check which settlements they control and so on
    c) Either use it for one or a few special factions, but its entirely possible and safe to use this for most/every faction via false shadowing, as it does nothing.
    d) and pretty sure some ther interesting ideas, related to the lore for example (some lore/historical evens that player could choose and so on)

So you can either choose to use this mission to emerge faction or "transfer" settlements between factions via interesting missions for players (primarily), although its entirely possible to use both, even for the same faction, in the same time. You just need to make more variants of this missions, ones with only_dead_source_factions and ones without it.

PICS (Barons Alliance text is meant to be France)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I suppose Im going to make a new thread for this kind of emergence https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ions-Mechanics
    Last edited by Jadli; March 13, 2021 at 02:57 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, going back to missions, I suppose using this type of mission, but without the link_mission_id would also be very interesting. One could replace the "mythical" Council of nobles with other factions asking you to take this and that (via source_faction), and they would reward and increase your relations... or decrease when you fail.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, I was just checking some parameters to 100% confirm they really work the way i thought they do (council_take_settlement primarily), as I suspected a few missions I made dont actually trigger.

For council_take_settlement:

target_faction - you cant write numerous factions (not even with the brackets), just one (it reads the first one only)

religion_tresh - Its a max allowed religion level in the region for the misssion to be issued. So if you set it 0.5, the religion (that you set via target_religion) must not be higher than 50%.

target_religion - needs to combined with religion_tresh. This couple can work well with target_faction. When combined with only one of them it seems it doesnt ever trigger a mission. You cant write more religions than one (it reads only the first one if you write more). You cant write it on numerous lines. So this checks the religion in the settlement, not a religion of a faction.

target_faction - you cant write numerous factions

so for council_take_settlement the allowed combinations of these three are: a) target_faction, b) target_religion + religion_tresh, c) al three together (though, adventure_crusader has target_faction+target_religion only, I assume to make sure the mission doesnt happen once the lithuania converts)

A few misions werent working for me using numerous religions/factions for some of mine missions, so they didnt trigger for everyone, and also sometimes didnt include religion_thresh. You can never write there numerous names for target_religion, target_religion, character_type and so on. I kinda thoughts its possible, because you can write numerous guilds by "guild_handles"

Anyway, I tested lot of parameters for several missions.

The parameters that work for council_take_settlement are:
    Code:
        lower_diff_threshold    0.0    ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 0.0
        upper_diff_threshold    1.0    ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 1.0
        ratio_modifier        50.0    ; modifies score (+) by ratio * modifier
        no_garrison_modifier    50.0    ; modifies score (+) by modifier if garrison exists
        min_settlement_level    village
        target_faction                faction_name
        religion_thresh        0.25
        target_religion        religion_name
        exclude_sea_travel
        link_mission_id        mission_name ; (typically give_settlement or convert)
        source_faction        faction_name
        source_faction_standing    -1.0
        only_dead_source_factions                   ; if the line is there, only destroyed (unemerged factions) can give such missions to other fations. If the line is not there, alive factions can give such missions.
        min_stance_threshold    Neutral
    The parameters tha work for guild_take_settlement:
    (btw, when you use the console command enabled by EOP (not script command) it creates mission even for settlements that dont have the resource, which normally woudlnt be possible)
    Code:
        lower_diff_threshold    0.0            ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 0.0
        upper_diff_threshold    2.0            ; threshold on sent faction strength/ settlement strength for difficulty = 1.0
        ratio_modifier        50.0            ; modifies score (+) by ratio * modifier
        no_garrison_modifier    0.0            ; modifies score (+) by modifier if garrison exists
        guild_handles        knights_guild,        ; guilds required for this mission. Possible to write multiple guilds
        resource_type        imperial_city        ; name of hidden/trade resource region must have to be a target
    The parameters that work for assassinate_general:

Code:
            killed_by_any_means
            expire_on_hide_disabled     ; hiding the victim does not invalidate mission
            difficulty_modifier    50.0
            neutral_modifier    100.0
            enemy_modifier    100.0
            own_region_modifier    50.0
            per_unit_modifier    4.0
            character_type    named_character                 ; dont confuse this one with agent_type, that one is for guild_recruit_agent. You can write also only one type, otherwise only the first is read
            attribute_type    Magic
            attribute_min_threshold    3
            target_religion        heretic                             ; targets characters belogning to a religion, can be used without target_faction just fine.
            target_faction    papal_states
            guild_handles    fighters_guild                ; what guilds are required for this mission. Possible to write more guilds
            guild_score_modifier    2.0
    Also I think "guild_build" mission can be interesting for modding events. It gives you a building as a reward (similar like when you receive cash from council of nobles) and it can be any building, doesnt have to be part of a faction's roster, so you could hand out some special buildings that you dont want availible to be built otherwise. BTW, I think in teutonic DLC its used improperly, as the same mason guild_build mission includes churches of several religions, and there doesnt seem to be any way to stop the incorrect church being gifted to a wrong faction. Though, I tested in my mod with other religions and churches, so perhaps it works in vanilla. Just to be sure, I suppose its safer to make a variant for each culture/religion, in case you want to use it widely.

The other misssions can be used in a moreless singular way i believe, the paramaters are always the same as in vanilla. Hence, its covered by the guide on the first page. The only large difference I think is that non_pope_mission parameter can be used for papal_build_church, convert, break_alliance and assassinate_witch_heretic
    Last edited by Jadli; March 20, 2021 at 05:59 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    I have this in my notes...
    This gives a "could not create mission" error:
    create_mission papal_build_church france Paris (when Paris has small_church)
    …but this works…
    create_mission city_small_church france Paris (when Paris has no small_church)

Which suggests that papal_build_church doesn't work but variations of that mission type do.
    Wouldn't it rather suggest that papal_build_church only works if the region has no church building at all? Eg 'church' rather refers to the tree not the level? If memory serves then this mission triggers if you have a settlement with the requisite core building level for a church but have no church building at all. Like after capturing a settlement from another religion. Can't recall after how many turns it triggers but it must somewhere after 5-10 turns. Which means a scripted mission needs to be precluded by a building exist test as a fail safe.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 18, 2021 at 10:58 PM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

There's not enough evidence from that small test of mine to say either way. But your conclusion makes more sense than "only variations work". Easy enough to test: if "create_mission papal_build_church france Paris" works when there is no church building at all in france-owned Paris then you're right. Which would mean that this kind of mission can only ever be a "build from scratch" one, not an "upgrade" one.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, I arrived at the same conclusion from my tests. Seems even the devs themselves didnt undertand all their missions that well .

Still, as I said, could be very useful using this to task a player with building some unique buildings, required to trigger an event or something (such buldings are usually the only buildings in their tree anyway), because as I also said, you can use "non_pope_mission" parameter for this
    Last edited by Jadli; March 19, 2021 at 04:17 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    So, for the recruitment my idea is, that for accomplishing the mission you are rewarded with guild units (or some special units) but you cant do that via best_buildable_unit, unless you perhaps changed the price of the unit to some high number no other unit has and used that value... but the unit would still have to be availible at the moment. You could possibly also just spawn them, but I didnt want to make things that easy on player and make it more interesting, so what I have done is that I used event counters to enable and disable recruitment when you fulfill missions... And I also wanted to tie to the level of the guild you have

So the script part:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart    
            add_events
                event counter fighters_guild_minor
                event counter fighters_guild_mod
                event counter fighters_guild_major
                event counter fighters_guild_minor_timer
                event counter fighters_guild_mod_timer
                event counter fighters_guild_major_timer
                date    0
            end_add_events

terminate_monitor

end_monitor

;MIN REWARD
        monitor_event MissionFinished MissionID fighters_dungeon
            and PaybackID guild_fighters_min1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_minor 1
            inc_event_counter fighters_guild_minor_timer 1

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_min2

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_min3

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
            and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_minor = 1

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_EventCounter fighters_guild_minor_timer = 2
            and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_minor = 1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_minor 0
            set_event_counter fighters_guild_minor_timer 0

end_monitor

;MOD REWARD
        monitor_event MissionFinished MissionID fighters_dungeon_m
            and PaybackID guild_fighters_mod1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_mod 1
            inc_event_counter fighters_guild_mod_timer 1

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_mod2

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_mod3

end_monitor

and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_mod = 1

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_EventCounter fighters_guild_mod_timer = 2
            and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_mod = 1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_mod 0
            set_event_counter fighters_guild_mod_timer 0

end_monitor

;MAJOR REWARD
        monitor_event MissionFinished MissionID fighters_dungeon_gm
            and PaybackID guild_fighters_major1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_major 1
            inc_event_counter fighters_guild_major_timer 1

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_major2

end_monitor

and PaybackID guild_fighters_major3

end_monitor

and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_major = 1

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_EventCounter fighters_guild_major_timer = 2
            and I_EventCounter fighters_guild_major = 1

set_event_counter fighters_guild_major 0
            set_event_counter fighters_guild_major_timer 0

end_monitor

you need at least one full turn to recruit the unit, as eventhough the counter enables at the moment the mission is finished, it doesnt take effect in recruitment till next turn. And my guild units take two turns to recruit, hence I let the timer go to 2. I Could have tied it to the paybacks and not missions IDs, but that would have taken three times more space, and also I want this to depend mainly on the guild level...

The EDB part ...
    Well, I found out this was coded partially incorrectly. While it works, it also gave you the reward recruitment even when you failed the mission

I can probably fix it by "LeaderMissionSuccess" or "MissionSucceeded", but not sure if it exports what I need, will have to test...

I'm quite a latecomer to this thread, but someone here might be interested in hearing that I casually got an assassinate_general mission to work with the target general being located in a neighbouring enemy region that did not belong to the rebels. I wonder if Callistonian got over this small inconvenience he was having. I didn't do anything special really.
    Last edited by es157; August 25, 2021 at 04:56 PM.

I was looking for a few answers to my questions, and while I found a few without much difficulty (like how to make some missions faction-specific), some others still evade me even after reaching the bottom of this discussion. I wonder if someone can give me a thought or two.

One thing I've been trying to figure out is the real difference between the council_take_settlement and the council_take_rebel_settlement mission types. I wonder why they are two different types if the only apparent difference is that the former targets everyone except the rebels and the latter only targets the rebels. Is that really all that there is to it?
    Last edited by es157; August 26, 2021 at 09:13 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

double post
    Last edited by Jadli; August 26, 2021 at 12:04 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Yea, seems to be the case, its indeed kinda a pointless division (like many other things in the vanilla). Pretty sure that council_take_settlements could be used against rebels as well, if specificed as a target faction. So basically, we dont need council_take_rebel_settlement

However, the missions are actually very different to each other, afterwards in kingdoms many new parameters was added to the council_take_settlement, so council_take_settlement can do a number of very interesting things (probably the most modifiable mission along with assassinate_character), see my post 105 (and other older ones) and my guide on Re emergent factions via Mission Mechanics. Basically, you can use this for several different purposes...

Also, while the guide is great, it unfortunately misses stuff that was added in kingdoms DLCs, which added several new interesting parameters and missions (expansions to council_take_settlement (for example captureconvert and give_settlement), added adventurous_crusader mission (see post 61 for example), some guild missions, etc), so for that check the DLC missions (we also discussed it in this thread, and I beleve I might have attached DLC missions files somewhere in this thread as well)

And what were you asking before about doing guild and papal missions without the a guild or a pope... Well, for guilds its kinda easy to add, so I think its somewhat pointless to try to do that, but could ofc just always spawn a guild building in order to create it.

For papal mission, you could kinda do the same (spawning a papal faction or something), but would be difficult in principle... However, a few missions can be used without a papal faction by using non_pope_mission parameter (see post 105 as well)

Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    I'm quite a latecomer to this thread, but someone here might be interested in hearing that I casually got an assassinate_general mission to work with the target general being located in a neighbouring enemy region that did not belong to the rebels. I wonder if Callistonian got over this small inconvenience he was having. I didn't do anything special really.
    Yea, probably something else caused this to him... I have seen it to target characters (on its own, not scripted ofc) in neighboring regions quite often in my mod...
    Last edited by Jadli; August 26, 2021 at 12:05 PM.

Yeah, I did find a couple of useful things in Kingdoms. Definitely should be included in the main post.

I really didn't want to go through all the trouble of adding guilds, since I don't particularly like the mechanics and have no use for it in my mod except for the extra mission types. i just wondered if I could make some build_stuff and make_trade_agreement mission type through generic council missions.

By the way, I think this hasn't been mentioned yet anywhere in this thread, but someone might find it useful to know that you can create as many mission sources as you want. Any made-up source name is valid as long as you make an entry for it in missions.txt. I'm saying this now because I just found it out and thought it was really cool.

EDIT: Another minor finding. In the barons_alliance_take_settlement mission that is used to give settlements to other factions, the actual meaning of the line "min_stance_threshold Neutral" is that the mission requires you to be either neutral or at war with the target for it to be triggered.

Someone could mistakenly believe that the line means the mission requires you to be neutral or allied to the barons_alliance to trigger. Weirdly, it doesn't matter what your relations to the barons_alliance is. They will give you the mission even if you are at war with them.

One parameter I'm still not sure about is this "source_faction_standing -1.0" from the same mission type. The name does look suggestive, but the value that follows is too low (it means despicable reputation) and doesn't seem to correspond to what I observe. Neither the target faction nor the "barons_alliance" faction needs to have despicable reputation for the mission to trigger. Nor do any of them have "abysmal" relations with any of the other three (player included) factions involved.

Any suggestions for this one?
    Last edited by es157; August 26, 2021 at 05:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Yea, probably something else caused this to him... I have seen it to target characters (on its own, not scripted ofc) in neighboring regions quite often in my mod...
    Something to do with the 'killed_by_any_means' parameter?

"min_stance_threshold Neutral" the neutral here seems to automatically mean 'any' as war and allied are build on it. Would be different if you used war or allied I presume. Which then begs the question about the purpose of 'min'. Not tested, btw.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 27, 2021 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    "min_stance_threshold Neutral" the neutral here seems to automatically mean 'any' as war and allied are build on it. Would be different if you used war or allied I presume. Which then begs the question about the purpose of 'min'. Not tested, btw.
    I'm 90% sure that Neutral here just means neutral diplomatic stance. The "min" particle means that the mission will trigger if you are either neutral or at war with the target faction, but not if you are allied. Or at least that's what my observations point to, admittedly without much repetition and try and error from my part. When my premise was confirmed just once, I dropped the testing and assumed I was right. I found that under the exact same circumstances, the mission was triggered when I was neutral and also when I was at war, but did not trigger when I was allied.

Blog Entries

Ah, then I misread your argument. If only war and neutral return true then the increment goes from war over neutral to allied and not as I implied. Which thankfully makes a lot more sense.

I've already said in this thread that I got assassinate_general to work for targets in neighboring regions. The problem is that the mission isn't created if the target is further away and I have yet to see any evidence, casual or otherwise, that it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Callistonian View Post
    I've already said in this thread that I got assassinate_general to work for targets in neighboring regions. The problem is that the mission isn't created if the target is further away and I have yet to see any evidence, casual or otherwise, that it can be.
    This veredict is most certainly final. The mission is created spontaneously if the target character is nearby and within reach of your assassin. It can also be created regardless of distance if done via script. Believe it, you probably will not want this to change. It would suck if the game could give you impossible missions. Even if you increased the mission duration, it would suck to always be ordered to assassinate someone who is half a world away.

Gaming Emeritus

Yeah, I did find a couple of useful things in Kingdoms. Definitely should be included in the main post.

I really didn't want to go through all the trouble of adding guilds, since I don't particularly like the mechanics and have no use for it in my mod except for the extra mission types. i just wondered if I could make some build_stuff and make_trade_agreement mission type through generic council missions.

By the way, I think this hasn't been mentioned yet anywhere in this thread, but someone might find it useful to know that you can create as many mission sources as you want. Any made-up source name is valid as long as you make an entry for it in missions.txt. I'm saying this now because I just found it out and thought it was really cool.

EDIT: Another minor finding. In the barons_alliance_take_settlement mission that is used to give settlements to other factions, the actual meaning of the line "min_stance_threshold Neutral" is that the mission requires you to be either neutral or at war with the target for it to be triggered.

Someone could mistakenly believe that the line means the mission requires you to be neutral or allied to the barons_alliance to trigger. Weirdly, it doesn't matter what your relations to the barons_alliance is. They will give you the mission even if you are at war with them.

One parameter I'm still not sure about is this "source_faction_standing -1.0" from the same mission type. The name does look suggestive, but the value that follows is too low (it means despicable reputation) and doesn't seem to correspond to what I observe. Neither the target faction nor the "barons_alliance" faction needs to have despicable reputation for the mission to trigger. Nor do any of them have "abysmal" relations with any of the other three (player included) factions involved.

Any suggestions for this one?
    Dont mistake guild_build (as I assume thats what you meant) with what it is. It gives you a building as a reward, its not tasking you with building something. However, one can fortunately use papal_build_church as non pope mission, it works.
    But otherwise no...

Yea, unlimited sources are indeed a thing... i like it the most when the sources are actual factions, characters or guilds tho

I think that source_standing -1.0 means the minimal relations you must have, i.e., .1.0 means that your relations to the source dont matter... tho if it was for example 0, you wouldnt get the mission if you have negative relations with the source.

Yea, the stance requirement makes sense the way you say guys

This veredict is most certainly final. The mission is created spontaneously if the target character is nearby and within reach of your assassin. It can also be created regardless of distance if done via script. Believe it, you probably will not want this to change. It would suck if the game could give you impossible missions. Even if you increased the mission duration, it would suck to always be ordered to assassinate someone who is half a world away.
    Yea... and if all the targets are within your lands/neighboring lands, then only the distance matters. And you can change the distance by changing duration of the mission ( I was able to test that a lot in my mod with the dungeon targets, as each of them is on a player controlled region, via the dubgeon scripted region)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast