Thread: Selecucid/Baktrian Hyperchia and Satrapies in Hellenistic Provinces

Default Selecucid/Baktrian Hyperchia and Satrapies in Hellenistic Provinces

When a Hellenized province is captured with Polis and Military colony already built (Mainly referring to Pergamon, Ephesos, Sinope etc... ), is it better to build the Hyperchia/Satrapeia or Eleutheria kai Autonomia/Epistateia epi Hellenas when given the opportunity especially in situations where a military colony and polis is already present in a Hyperchia province at Large town level (Epistateia epi Hellenas needs city level to set up). Is there any unique advantages to setting up Hyperchia/Satrapeia as opposed to Eleutheria kai Autonomia/Epistateia epi Hellenas in the cities mentioned ?

Default Re: Selecucid/Baktrian Hyperchia and Satrapies in Hellenistic Provinces

I don't find much difference between satrapy and supervised hellenic gamplay wise aside from i think the latter give ypu trade bonus but hyparchia is weaker government than supervised hellenic.

So unless you want to upgrade into basilike patris which require satrapy it's better to build supervised hellenic instead

It's slightly more complicated than that. The Hyparchia is one of the lower tier governments, so it will not give as good construction options as the Satrapy. The Hellenistic governments are "higher" so will give better construction options. However, the Satrapy will give you much better local recruitment than the Hellenistic governments.

Is it possible to build the Satrapeia anywhere in the former persian empire or is it limited to certain provinces? In my current Baktria game I noticed that I could build the Satrapeia in some provinces und the Hyparchia in the others, but nowhere I could choose between those two goverments. I have read the player guide but it is not clear to me what the prerequisites are for either the Satrapeia or the Hyparchia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grigor View Post
    Is it possible to build the Satrapeia anywhere in the former persian empire or is it limited to certain provinces? In my current Baktria game I noticed that I could build the Satrapeia in some provinces und the Hyparchia in the others, but nowhere I could choose between those two goverments. I have read the player guide but it is not clear to me what the prerequisites are for either the Satrapeia or the Hyparchia.
    This is the map where you can build Satrapies and Hyperchia:

The Satrap provinces are in dark grey, the Hyperchia provinces are in light grey, you can only choose between the two. A hidden label determines what is a satrapy province and if a province is a Hyperchia province.

EDIT: I just realized that this is an older map but the designations should still be fine with a few small differences (Adurbadegan is indeed a Hyperchia province).
    Last edited by realm56; August 16, 2021 at 05:51 AM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu