Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Default Re: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I don't think you quite appreciate how impossible it was for the ancients, with the tools they had at their disposal, to keep public order in a region as large as our provinces. They weren't just "slave revolts" the local peoples had their own grudges against whomever the ruling power were, various factions vied with each other for control (with ancient enmities mixed in for seasoning), there were cross-border raids by neighbouring people for cattle and horses (or slave-taking). Piracy and banditry were rife wherever central authorities weakened, or were distant. The modern world is nothing like the ancient, any state's hold on the people in an area it nominally ruled was tenuous.

It's not a "random screw you" and has nothing to do with player agency (not least because the revolts script affects the AI just the same), it's about the context that existed. To get to the specifics of the mechanics, there is a 6% chance of a rising occurring each turn (7.5% chance for Troublesome Regions). When they happen, they won't happen again for at least another 50 turns (25 turns for Troublesome Regions). Most of the stacks that spawn are only 5 units, occasionally it's 8, neither of those are "massive rebellions" they're small risings. If you keep sufficient forces on hand to police your interior, they shouldn't cause you any problems.
    Is there a way I can modify these values?

I just came across something puzzling in my Carthage campaign: I'm wrapping up the conquest of Epeiros and came across the remains of what I assumed was Epeiros' staring Indian elephant unit. I beat them, and got a shiny elephant unit on my capital via the 'you have captured elephants' script.

Now I'm approaching Ambrakia, and there's another elephant unit in the city (full strength). My understanding was that Epeiros' elephants are a one-off thing, unless you go East at least to Antioch, which Epeiros never did in my campaign. So, any idea where they got a second elephant unit?

Quote Originally Posted by LordBlades View Post
    I just came across something puzzling in my Carthage campaign: I'm wrapping up the conquest of Epeiros and came across the remains of what I assumed was Epeiros' staring Indian elephant unit. I beat them, and got a shiny elephant unit on my capital via the 'you have captured elephants' script.

Now I'm approaching Ambrakia, and there's another elephant unit in the city (full strength). My understanding was that Epeiros' elephants are a one-off thing, unless you go East at least to Antioch, which Epeiros never did in my campaign. So, any idea where they got a second elephant unit?
    There is an AI exclusive script that sporadically gives Indian Elephants to the Hellenistic factions.
    Last edited by realm56; October 18, 2021 at 06:00 PM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

What are the requirements to obtain a Triumph? One of my FM(he does have Imperium, before anyone asks) have smashed 3-4 Areuakoi large armies and toke a couple of settlements, but he have been yet to obtain a triumph.

For a general to be eligible for a Triumph, he needed to either capture the enemy camp (It’s a trait) after a battle or sack a settlement (ex. Gain Conqueror/Vanquisher of Gaul by fighting against Celts) in order to gain the prospective Triumphator trait. Then wait for the Senate's directives and then return to Rome and celebrate! But a word of warning, return too soon without the go ahead from the Senate and there will be harsh penalties for your overeager Triumphator!
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    For a general to be eligible for a Triumph, he needed to either capture the enemy camp (It’s a trait) after a battle or sack a settlement (ex. Gain Conqueror/Vanquisher of Gaul by fighting against Celts) in order to gain the prospective Triumphator trait. Then wait for the Senate's directives and then return to Rome and celebrate! But a word of warning, return too soon without the go ahead from the Senate and there will be harsh penalties for your overeager Triumphator!
    I see. Is that(the Vanquisher/Conqueror of X) limited to other playable factions, or can be obtained by fighting rebels as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRAobserver View Post
    I see. Is that(the Vanquisher/Conqueror of X) limited to other playable factions, or can be obtained by fighting rebels as well?
    You can only gain the triumph by fighting against armies and settlements in the lands of the Celts, Cathaginains, Macedonians, Dacians, Syrians, Germans, Britons and Parthians.
    - Sun Tzu

Question about the "unrest script". Your starting capital region is exempt from uprisings/bandits/rebellions/what-have-you, but is this also true if you change your capital?

The specific example I am thinking of is Makedonia, who need to reconquer Pella at the start of their campaign. Will I need to fight off rebellions in Pella for the rest of the campaign, or will it be exempt when I make it my capital?

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Question about the "unrest script". Your starting capital region is exempt from uprisings/bandits/rebellions/what-have-you, but is this also true if you change your capital?

The specific example I am thinking of is Makedonia, who need to reconquer Pella at the start of their campaign. Will I need to fight off rebellions in Pella for the rest of the campaign, or will it be exempt when I make it my capital?
    Every region always have some chance to spawn rebel stack script but many region capital has such a low base unrest that even with rebel script it will not affect the public order.

But yeah because every region can spawn a quite threatening stack you need a decent garrison for each settlement or an army in a settlement with many nearby settlement such as Athens which can also protect Korinth, Sparta, Thessalian and Thermon

Edit : whoops i guess the capital actually doesn't spawn a rebel. Sorry my mistake.
    Last edited by eyelurker; October 20, 2021 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benyben View Post
    Is there a way I can modify these values?
    You'll have to find the revolts section of the script and change each one in turn. They're coded for each province, with one to three sections each, depending on their size (islands have fewer to stop them filling up over time).

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post

No, the locations you're exempt from spawns are fixed, for Makedonia it's Pella rather than Demetrias.

Does anyone know more about Saka Royal Satrapy "Shahiyć Kshaharć" and the conditions required to build it? I know high authority and having more regions allows more to be built, but is it limited in number like the Basilike Patris? How exactly does high authority of FL give "points" required to build it?

Ihave a question regarding Roma. How come Carthage can convert camps, and Roma not ? Both were quite capable in both demolishing and erecting cities, so seems strange why Roma cant convert camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartocos Leukonovich View Post
    Ihave a question regarding Roma. How come Carthage can convert camps, and Roma not ? Both were quite capable in both demolishing and erecting cities, so seems strange why Roma cant convert camps.
    The process of converting camps to settlements is not merely the physical displacement of peoples and the creation of urban centres, at its core the conversion process in EBII represents monumental, seminal changes in the cultural and social dynamics of entire peoples. This goes for nomadic/pastoral peoples who transition from essentially moving from place to place, never staying in one place for too long and moving with the seasons and herds/pastures to essentially staying in one place year round, with permement agriculture being the main source of food production for most people. Settled cultures such as Rome cannot replicate this process although there are a few exceptions (Such as the KB as they had extensive nomadic ties).

That's my understanding of the process without really going into the archeological and historical literature.
    Last edited by realm56; October 23, 2021 at 03:15 AM.
    - Sun Tzu

Thank you, for clarification. Still though, Carthage seems to me as equally settled culture, as Rome, yet can convert camps. Maybe something to do with policies they enacted in Africa ?

How the heck do you get rid of extremely unhappy populace?

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    How the heck do you get rid of extremely unhappy populace?
    My question to you:
    Did you have anyone that was governng a settlement that they were not supposed to govern hmm? Did any of your characters have Misellen (Hater of Hellenes) when governing a province with Hellenic Autonomy?
    If you say yes to any of these, move the affected character out of the settlement and don't let him govern anything for a bit and it should go away.

Quote Originally Posted by benyben View Post
    Does anyone know more about Saka Royal Satrapy "Shahiyć Kshaharć" and the conditions required to build it? I know high authority and having more regions allows more to be built, but is it limited in number like the Basilike Patris? How exactly does high authority of FL give "points" required to build it?
    There are 2 ways to gain points for the Royal Satrapy, each point allows you to build an additional royalsat for a total of 6 (If I am not mistakened...), the thresholds to gain each point are listed below:

Authority:
    • 4 (Base)

Territorial Extent:
    • 13 (Base)
    - Sun Tzu

I have a couple of questions which fall a bit in the middle between the mod itself and actual history

I've recently started doing some more serious reading about Carthage and the Western Mediterranean in general and, between books and a thorough Carthage playthrough, I'm left with a couple of things that puzzle me:

- Chainmail hoplites. These exist in both EB1 as well as Rome 2 as a 'late' evolution of Liby-Phoenician hoplites, but no longer the case in EB2. Apart from Hannibal's veterans, which re-eqipped themselves on the field with Roman gear, are there any sources mentioning such modernisation of Carthage's hoplites?

- In Sicily, Carthage can recruit Thureoporoi/Machiaroporoi, but not Thorakitai. Are there any sources mentioning that the Thureoporoi reached the Greek cities in Sicily, but their later evolution did not, or is this a gameplay decision?

How do i recruit Harii warriors, as Lougiones? Is there some event that must pop up? Recruitment viewer shows they are recruitable after przeworsk stabilization, i am almost 25 turns past it , and yet no harii warriors, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartocos Leukonovich View Post
    How do i recruit Harii warriors, as Lougiones? Is there some event that must pop up? Recruitment viewer shows they are recruitable after przeworsk stabilization, i am almost 25 turns past it , and yet no harii warriors, so far.
    Unfortunately the Harii warriors are only avaliable very late with the Lugian Panoply Reforms (At least 110BC, automatic by 90BC). Some of the late Sweboz units such as Askamanniz and Late Skathinawiskaniz Harjoz also have this unfortunate timing...
    - Sun Tzu

Unfortunately the Harii warriors are only avaliable very late with the Lugian Panoply Reforms (At least 110BC, automatic by 90BC). Some of the late Sweboz units such as Askamanniz and Late Skathinawiskaniz Harjoz also have this unfortunate timing...
    As always, thank you for valuable intel. I have additional question though, i have no idea if anyone asked it before, so apologies in advance if so. Are there guide to traits, and ancillaries which comes from every temple type. As staunch supporter of law and order, i always build temple of governing, and kinda have vague idea what types of bonuses comes with them, across different factions. Still, have no clue about the rest of the temples. And final question, is it even possible to ged rid of the most common problem of the Romani, the Patricius Batemanus of Roma, the trait "Bored by games". By Jupiter Optimus Maximus, the Civil war started not because of Ceasar, Cicero, or Cato, but because of this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678