Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Default Re: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    That settlement is Gader. IIRC it starts with either a Medium or Large Phoenician Trade Colony. These buildings offer you mercenary recruitment of mercenaries from the nearby (Western) Mediterranean regions (If you manage to build one in Salamis, you get some... interesting recruitment from the Eastern Mediterranean). This explains the Ligurians, Gauls, and Maurentanians. Gader's government is the Closely Allied Democracy, which offers a good selection of "true" Iberian troops. None of that Celtiberian or Lusitanian stuff. No Iberian elites though.

The Trade Colonies actually do offer Africans in the form of Libyan Spearmen and Maurentanian Cavalry, but if you're looking for those hardcore Liby-Phoenician troops, you'll have to spend a valuable colony point to "side-grade" the Trade Colony into the first level of Settler Colony, and beyond for better access to Liby-Phoenician troops and good locals. Even a Large Trade Colony will be converted to a Small Settler Colony. Don't spend colony points frivolously!
    Especially since you start with only one point every 16(?) turns, hard-capping out at a mighty 4 points. It's not like the Hellenics who can collect colony points up the wazoo once they're large enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivir Baggins View Post
    Especially since you start with only one point every 16(?) turns, hard-capping out at a mighty 4 points. It's not like the Hellenics who can collect colony points up the wazoo once they're large enough.
    Carthage can actually build additional Council Administrations in Lilbeo, Utca and Adrumet with enough time and investment (Your inital colony points should be spent ensuring that these three settlements get Council Admins ASAP). These points are needed mainly for Trade outposts and Settler Colonies
    Last edited by realm56; September 03, 2021 at 02:14 AM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    Carthage can actually build additional Council Administrations in Lilbeo, Utca and Adrumet with enough time and investment (Your inital colony points should be spent ensuring that these three settlements get Council Admins ASAP). These points are needed mainly for Trade outposts and Settler Colonies
    That's what I meant by capping out at four, cos you can only ever have at most four Council Administrations. Luckily, since they already have Medium Settler Colonies, they only need a point each to upgrade.

I don't mean Gader, but the settlement on the North African coast sitting halfway between Carthage and Gader. Name escapes me right now and I'm not near my laptop to check, sorry. The answer might be the same though, if the government type gives access to 'nearby' mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBlades View Post
    I don't mean Gader, but the settlement on the North African coast sitting halfway between Carthage and Gader. Name escapes me right now and I'm not near my laptop to check, sorry. The answer might be the same though, if the government type gives access to 'nearby' mercenaries.
    Oh yeah, that's Ikyoshim (not to be confused with Iboshim which represents the Balearic Isles). That settlement starts out with a Medium Trade Colony

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Oh yeah, that's Ikyoshim (not to be confused with Iboshim which represents the Balearic Isles). That settlement starts out with a Medium Trade Colony
    Which offer mercenaries. It's no good wondering about the recruitment a settlement offers without checking which building they come from first.

So is there any reason why it's so difficult to recruit anatolian archer? Anatolian faction such as Pontus and Hayastan(they share similiar recruit) only get a measly 1 archer which means my Pontus and Hayastan can barely raise 2 archer/army. I can understand if i have this trouble as Seleucid or Pergamon but i don't get why Pontus and Hayastan also got this treatment.

Although you can have 2 anatolian archer manpower if you put closely democracy which while is a solution it's something every faction can do and not just Pontus and Hayastan.

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    So is there any reason why it's so difficult to recruit anatolian archer? Anatolian faction such as Pontus and Hayastan(they share similiar recruit) only get a measly 1 archer which means my Pontus and Hayastan can barely raise 2 archer/army. I can understand if i have this trouble as Seleucid or Pergamon but i don't get why Pontus and Hayastan also got this treatment.

Although you can have 2 anatolian archer manpower if you put closely democracy which while is a solution it's something every faction can do and not just Pontus and Hayastan.
    You don't get faction-specific recruitment for any of those factions, they're regional.

I have a few more questions regarding recruitment:

- Can Carthage recruit Iberian Medium Cavalry,Medium Spearmen or Heavy Swordsmen? I'm currently pushing into Iberia and I've started to encounter these units as mercenaries.

- In general, is there a way to check for a certain unit who can recruit it and where?

- Can Carthage recruit Iberian Medium Cavalry,Medium Spearmen or Heavy Swordsmen? I'm currently pushing into Iberia and I've started to encounter these units as mercenaries.

- In general, is there a way to check for a certain unit who can recruit it and where?
    Within EBII installation folder, there is a handy file named "launch recruitment viewer.bat". Running it, assuming you have Java installed, will answer all your questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Within EBII installation folder, there is a handy file named "launch recruitment viewer.bat". Running it, assuming you have Java installed, will answer all your questions.
    My pc where my eb2 are installed are not connected to internet and have no java. Are there any other way?

You need to download Java on a computer with internet, then move the downloaded file (executable, named .exe), to the gaming computer and install java there.

Lusitanio's Avatar Senator

Yes, Carthage can recruit them but you have to wait for the Iberian reforms which happen around 230 BC.

So...I just started Baktrian campaign. What's the best way to start generating the colony points ASAP? I don't plan on building additional poleis in the starting regions other than Baktria itself, instead I want native colonies there to produce cavalry for my elite army (gotta love those Saka cataphracts). Looks like I'll be doing all right financially-big ransoms from Saka and Pahlava and then Saka shelling out big bucks for ceasefire allowed me to start building mines in Marakanda and upgrade the colony in Baktria.

Thanks everyone for the useful info.

Is the date of the Iberian reforms in any way random?

I got the reform message, had to reload from the previous turn, and then I no longer got the message when I again got to the next turn.

Thanks everyone for the useful info.

Is the date of the Iberian reforms in any way random?

I got the reform message, had to reload from the previous turn, and then I no longer got the message when I again got to the next turn.
    The Iberian Panoply Reforms are indeed random, it should trigger anytime from 237 to 230 BC although it should be automatic by the latter date.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Can you get an education by having an academy in Sparte while also undergoing to agoge? Or does the agoge automatically make you unschooled?

Can you have an allied oligarchy and still undergo the agoge? Or do I need to have full mastery of the city? Can I educate my generals in an allied democracy/allied oligarchy? (Assuming I can withstand the interloper trait)

(Playing as Seleucia)

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Can you get an education by having an academy in Sparte while also undergoing to agoge? Or does the agoge automatically make you unschooled?

Can you have an allied oligarchy and still undergo the agoge? Or do I need to have full mastery of the city? Can I educate my generals in an allied democracy/allied oligarchy? (Assuming I can withstand the interloper trait)

(Playing as Seleucia)
    Yes, You can still undergo the Agoge with an allied oligarchy, the only condition need for you to unlock it is your ownership of the city. And yes, your young FMs can still get an education while undergoing the Agoge as long as there is a school building in the city (There are several instances where said FMs are cultured before finishing the Agoge).
    - Sun Tzu

Does being cultured disrupt the agoge? Or can you stack education?

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Does being cultured disrupt the agoge? Or can you stack education?
    You can most certainly stack education with the Agoge!
    - Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast