Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Default Re: Questions! Questions that need answering!

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    You can most certainly stack education with the Agoge!
    Sparte being the ultimate education spot in the world confirmed.

Quickest way to get rid of interloper trait? Seems to go away eventually but takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlazaor View Post
    Quickest way to get rid of interloper trait? Seems to go away eventually but takes a while.
    Just let your General stay outside of a settlement for one or two turns

Do admirals count against your FM count?

Is Patris only way Seleukia can get Wondrous Temple?

Does Successor ever work? Like why even waste an ancillary on it? I just had it go from my full command/full influence appointment to a zero command/zero influence son of the existing king. If he doesn't make a difference there when will it possibly make a difference? The scenario couldn't be more extreme.
    Last edited by Shlazaor; September 16, 2021 at 05:48 PM.

Do admirals count against your FM count?

Is Patris only way Seleukia can get Wondrous Temple?

Does Successor ever work? Like why even waste an ancillary on it? I just had it go from my full command/full influence appointment to a zero command/zero influence son of the existing king. If he doesn't make a difference there when will it possibly make a difference? The scenario couldn't be more extreme.
    No

All faction except Roman which need provincia require their best government or closely allied government to build wondrous temple. Yeah i don't know why it have to be that restrictive except for roman or client state.

Anciliary is something you use if you don't have son or brother to suceed. Mtw2 removal of heir selection from rtw is kinda annoying

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    No

All faction except Roman which need provincia require their best government or closely allied government to build wondrous temple. Yeah i don't know why it have to be that restrictive except for roman or client state.

Anciliary is something you use if you don't have son or brother to suceed. Mtw2 removal of heir selection from rtw is kinda annoying
    Thanks!

Is it possible to vassalize in EB2?

What are the requirements for a great market? I have built it in one city but despite seemingly meeting the requirements I can't build it in another. Specifically I built it in Persepolis but I can't built it in Hekatomplus (whatever the name of the place with the second fire palace is).

Also does the AI use the colony script or do they just build what they want?

For the first one, What faction are you playing as?

For the second one, the AI just builds what they want, the colony script only affects the player.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

For the first one, What faction are you playing as?

For the second one, the AI just builds what they want, the colony script only affects the player.
    I am playing as Seleucia.

That's good news thanks!

Anyone got advice on fighting Rome? I think this is going to be this timeline Second Punic War except it's Rome/Seleucia with Rome invading from the Italian colonized Balkans into the Seleucia conquered Greece. Their armies pack one hell of a punch even against advanced Greek forces.

Anyone got advice on fighting Rome? I think this is going to be this timeline Second Punic War except it's Rome/Seleucia with Rome invading from the Italian colonized Balkans into the Seleucia conquered Greece. Their armies pack one hell of a punch even against advanced Greek forces.
    Two things. Artillery and cavalry. Oxybeles in particular, in conjunction with phalanx, is a sure way to thin both numbers and morale (use flaming missiles) of any enemy. And of course, since you're playing as AS, you have access to very good heavy cavalry from the east.

Either way, phalangitai will help a lot to act as bricks to stop the enemy troops. Use guard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Two things. Artillery and cavalry. Oxybeles in particular, in conjunction with phalanx, is a sure way to thin both numbers and morale (use flaming missiles) of any enemy. And of course, since you're playing as AS, you have access to very good heavy cavalry from the east.

Either way, phalangitai will help a lot to act as bricks to stop the enemy troops. Use guard mode.
    To add to these, avoid the pila of the Roman heavy infantry, they really hurt.

As for the Great Market requirement, you need at least Satrapy of the Seleukid Empire and Huge city level settlement to make it happen.
    Last edited by realm56; September 19, 2021 at 11:15 PM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Is it possible to vassalize in EB2?
    Technically, yes. But vassalization in my experience has never been a fun or "worthy" endeavour. Factions are only willing to get vassalized if you reduce them an absolute state of embarrassing weakness. I'm talking 1 settlement left and that's under siege and no field armies and broken economy kind of weakness. Which at that point... why not just put them out of their misery? They'll betray you sooner or later anyway. So my answer to your question is: Yes, but it's not worth it.

Interesting that Rome even managed to colonize the Balkans in your campaign. In my Seleukid campaign I had also conquered Greece by 190 bc, but Rome was nowhere near powerful enough to challenge me(Or anyone else for that matter). They were locked in Italy and were barely hanging on the Boi onslaught from the north. So what I did was actually send an expeditionary army to northern Italy and destroy like 5 Boi armies, conquer their cities and gift them to Rome. The only experience I have fighting Rome as a hellenic faction was with Epeiros which was pretty easy tbh. Use 4 phalanx units(preferably Agema) in the center and that basically makes the center unbreakable. Use local or hellenic(recommend Thorakitai) infantry on the flanks of the phalanx and if you really wanna make sure your line doesn't collapse, have a couple of reserves incase the AI somehow does something intelligent. For the cavalry... well... You have a definitive advantage in cavalry over the Romans. Use Kataphraktoi on the right wing supported by Javelin cav(or Parthian horse archers which you can easily get as Selekuids) and Hetairoi with elephants/armoured elephants on the left wing. For skirmisher infantry it could be anything as their main job would be consuming the Roman pilla as flesh shields. Now that army, with a couple of Oxybeles and you're going to wipe the floor with any Roman army you come accross.

To add to these, avoid the pila of the Roman heavy infantry, they really hurt.

As for the Great Market requirement, you need at least Satrapy of the Seleukid Empire and Huge city level settlement to make it happen.
    I have supervised hellenic and huge city and it's not an option. Does it have to be satrapy? It says supervised hellenic on the options.

Thanks for all the advice on Rome. The AI, shockingly, managed to bait me into an ambush and wipe out a half stack of veteran soldiers I sent to take Skodra but I've got two full stacks against their 2 and a half ready to fight. I don't have much in the way of horse archers but I do have two Varu and one cataphract to go with a big group of phalange and a decent amount of late hellenistic lancers/thessalian calvary. I'll try to mix in some skirmishers really quick to suck up some of those rome pila. Definitely don't want my elephants to fall victim to those. I'm so used to just crushing the AI that it's kind of fun to face some more competitive armies. It's basically been nothing but a slaughter for 245 turns until now.

So supervised native administration looks like supposed to have similiar construction as hellenic administration then why i cannot build building like market or lv4 temple in supervised native administration but i can in hellenic administration?

@eyelurkerDo you play Hellenistic faction, right?
    So, supervised native administration gives you much more limited construction options but in reward you can establish Local Military colony 3_lvl, for which you don't need colonists.
    Hellenic and supervised Hellenic administrations requires polis and polis + colony respectively, so they harder to establish but giving you better construction options.

Thanks for all the advice on Rome. The AI, shockingly, managed to bait me into an ambush and wipe out a half stack of veteran soldiers I sent to take Skodra but I've got two full stacks against their 2 and a half ready to fight. I don't have much in the way of horse archers but I do have two Varu and one cataphract to go with a big group of phalange and a decent amount of late hellenistic lancers/thessalian calvary. I'll try to mix in some skirmishers really quick to suck up some of those rome pila. Definitely don't want my elephants to fall victim to those. I'm so used to just crushing the AI that it's kind of fun to face some more competitive armies. It's basically been nothing but a slaughter for 245 turns until now.
    Good tactic against Rome is to split you army in two detachments. Like for example to use few units of your phalanx and some supporting levies as bait and leave other part of your army at considerable distance. When Romans will advance, they also split their heavy infantry and then you have possibility with superior cavalry to defeated them separately. After they will loose initiative start to move your armies and eventually crush them from all sides with phalanx at front and cavalry from flanks and rear.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast