Thread: Is this a bug or a feature?

Default Is this a bug or a feature?

Something very weird just happened to me while I was testing a mod. I had never seen it before, but seeing how it doesn't cause any issues I wonder if it is really a bug or just some obscure feature.

To summarise it without delay, I accidentally had my princess somehow merging with the army of my ally. Now she is listed in the "Agents" section of the other faction's army when I double-click it. And moreover, she gets moved around together with this army and regardless of my commands. However, I retain the power to simply move her out of the army to regain full control.

Notice, I am playing as the faction with black banners, and my ally is the faction with white banners. My princess is inside the white-bannered army.

I don't know exactly how this happened, though it happened not once but twice under the same circumstances. I had just sent the princess to negotiate with the army, then skipped the turn, and when I next looked she was marching together with the army. I'm clueless whether this is only possible because we are allies.

Has anyone else here ever seen this happen?
    Last edited by es157; July 29, 2021 at 04:22 PM.

Default Re: Is this a bug or a feature?

No comments? I was really interested in reading more about this.

This is actually quite interesting. I have never heard of that happening before.

How did you do it? I would find it great to do with spies, especially to spread the black death to an enemy army.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Seems to be a bug - I am assuming the army moved on the tile the agent occupied and instead of 'pushing' the non faction agent it absorbed the agent.

Till this day I still don't know how one of my armies ended up on top of a settlement. It did however help me to appreciate the army\agent list which enabled me to select the army and move it as trying to select the army directly always ended up selecting the settlement.