Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.2.8 Open Beta Released!

Default Divide et Impera 1.2.8 Open Beta Released!

Beta Release

The latest release for Divide et Impera has been opened up to the public as a beta. Please head to our website for download and installation information, as well as a full patch notes listing: https://divideetimperamod.com/1-2-8-beta/

Patch Notes Overview (not full)

Battle Performance Changes
    - Stamina Abilities for units have been removed. They were not functioning properly and were the cause of battle lag.
    - Due to these changes, battle lag should be significantly improved, especially on lower end systems. Big thanks to Benjin for figuring this out!
    - In the future, we may have them back or a submod version, if they can be implemented properly.

Greek Colony Overhauls
    - Massalia, Colchis and Bosporus have had their rosters changed and updated.
    - These three factions now have special colony barracks building types that have unique features and functions such as local vs Greek units, culture/diplomacy effects, etc.
    - Colchis is now Caucasian and has Caucasian temples (new campaign only)
    - New Faction trait: Colony population techs in the military training tree.
    - Current campaigns with these factions may have some issues with incorrect building types.

Other New Units
    - New Nabatean camel unit, New Athenian peltast units, new Iberian reform unit, new Saba heavy infantry, and new Kartli heavy swordsmen.

New Barbarian AI Roster Units
    - Added 90 new AI only Grand Campaign units for various germanic, gallic, celtiberian, thracian and british AI factions from Ritter-Floh to create more unique and varied rosters.
    - These will replace or augment existing rosters based the tribe. The goal is to add more variety and unique units for the various factions a player may face.

British Units & Generals Visual Updates
    - Added new and greater variations for many units and updated their appearance. These included older shared units, officers, standard bearers and faction exclusive units.
    - British generals updated with new visuals and proper politician outfits for when they are not leading troops.
    - Big thanks to CEMN on all the hard work for these changes!

Area of Recruitment Changes
    - Various higher tier AOR units have been moved to the immigration/foreign quarter line of buildings in many regions.
    - These units now require either tier 2 or tier 3 of the immigration building to be recruited, depending on the unit quality.
    - Depending on the culture, some of these units may still be available in the main city line because cultures cannot build immigration buildings of their own culture type.
    - Removed copy units of Galatian AOR levies, swords and cavalry. These units are now available in the traditional Galatia area only.

Resource Changes (New Campaigns only)
    - Iron has been moved from Sicily to Corsica and fish from Corsica to Sicily.
    - Silver has been added in the Edetani's city and olive oil has been moved in land.
    - Added new amber and spice main city buildings rather than having the resource come from the region effect alone.
    - Moved the amber resource in Germany to be on the coast with a port
    - Region effects still produce 1 of each resource to allow saves to retain that feature. Save games will have amber production in a different region than the resource buildings in Germany due to the move.
    - Carthage's mercenary barracks now requires silver rather than gold to upgrade.

Squalor Changes
    - Squalor (sanitation) effects now begin at tier 1 for all cities and gradually increase to tier 4.
    - Lowered squalor (public order) negatives on all tier 4 cities.
    - Slightly increased squalor (sanitation) from major cities.
    - Removed random disaster plague events.

Population Changes
    - Replaced most upkeep bonuses in the Military Management technology tree with population bonuses.
    - Population system economic effects are now properly working. This will have an impact on save game economies.

New Victory Conditions
    - Revised all Victory conditions to be generally shorter, more consistent and varied between the types of victories. Big thanks to Q_Sertorius for all the work on this new feature! (new campaign only)

Other Changes
    - Various battle balancing and changes.
    - Lots of other changes, both large and small. Check out the website patch notes for details.

Credits
    - KAM for the insane amount of work he puts in on everything
    - Ritter for so many great units
    - Q_Sertorius for the new victory conditions
    - Benjin for helping to identify the battle lag issue
    - CEMN for his british units update
    - Thanks to Jake, CEMN, skillfultree and Swaraj for help with unit card work
    - skillfultree for his updated texture submod
    - Litharion for various script fixes

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.2.8 Open Beta Released!

Thanks guys this sounds awesome I cannot wait to try it out.

Awesomesauce!

When 1.28 is fully released, could I update and continue a campaign from 1.2.7?

A second question if I may: Regarding the increased battle performance by removing stamina abilities. Was battle performance being adversely effected by just having the abilities there, or, only when you activated said abilities?

Thank you.
    Last edited by charlieh; July 30, 2021 at 03:40 AM.

Foederatus

Thanks!! I'm on vacation and I was waiting for this to save them XD

Semisalis

I've been checking back almost every day since May and here it is! Already took a peek and it looks like Bosphorus has evolved into its final form, they look actually frightening now - a sort of Baktria on the Bosphorus. Shockingly good work again, will definitely be trying this out tonight

So cool! I'm happy about the public order penalty changed on cities as I almost never upgrade them to tier 4 due to the negative penalties. By the time, I get to upgrade to tier 4, my empire is big enough that I don't need to worry about money. However, since most building givr public order penalty, managing it becomes more difficult.

@@@@@@@@@@@@_GRAPHICS_new and @@@performancepatch no longer needed?

Civis

FANTASTIC!

To answer some questions
    Performance patch is no longer needed.

The stamina abilities were causing lag from them being constantly activated/updated on every unit.

This is mostly compatible with saves but its better to start a fresh campaign if possible.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Is this new version will be compatibile with mods like Alternative Economy or Age of Hellenism ?

I remember KAM talking about some changes to banditry in his YouTube video. Was anything changed? I don't see banditry mentioned in the patch notes.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Two questions about stamina:
    - I understand that stamina still works (units will tire) and various terrain types impact on it?
    - Is a "Resistant to cold" a stamina ability, or it works differently?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Stamina and fatigue are separate stuff.

In other words, nothing changes since stamina levels per unit were not working so button with them was removed.

Nothing has changed for fatigue and it works as usual.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Bento's Avatar Tiro

This is great so far - as a Massalian through and through, I'm loving the new "go Celtic" or "go Hellenic" options.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rider View Post
    Is this new version will be compatibile with mods like Alternative Economy or Age of Hellenism ?
    No, as usual most submods will have to be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gioseppe View Post
    I remember KAM talking about some changes to banditry in his YouTube video. Was anything changed? I don't see banditry mentioned in the patch notes.
    Nothing with banditry was changed, it was just squalor/sanitation.

1.2.8 Beta Update 1
    - Added small sanitation bonus to the first civil (blue) technology.
    - Fixed some Arverni unit cards not matching their units.
    - Changed Colchian archers to 3rd class, Svan warriors to second class pop.
    - Added "Livestock required" text to tier 3/4 of the new local colony barracks.
    - Changed Massalian light hoplites to militia hoplites
    - Fixed colonies emergent faction commander/rebellion units.
    - Fixed Knossos main city building squalor effects being too high.
    - Changed some local Merc/AOR units to use non foreigner population for the colony factions.
    - Fixed some minor cities having wrong or missing squalor effects.
    - Fixed Hellenic amber buildings missing effects.
    - Fixed missing hair texture for some caledonian units
    - Fixed Scordisci missing a unit in custom battle roster.
    - Fixed 2 unit cards for Bosporan Xystophoroi & late versions.

Civis

Thank you guys for all your hardwork !

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

I love playing Massalia (it's like my 4th playthrough with the faction) and I gotta say that making merc gallic warriors pop 2 and merc gallic cav pop 1 & 2 feels like so much pain. I can only expect that same "treatment" was implemented for new gallic faction auxilaries. The whole fun thing about Massalia, in my opinion, was being a foreign culture conquering Gauls. It was painful enough to have to spread my culture throughout every new taken province but at least mercs and AOR units remedied that a bit by using pop 4. Now it's like youre playing Gauls in Gallia but with a hostile culture as an extra spice and, at least for me, it takes away a part of the experience.

Thankfully due to previous help from Dardo and other submodders, I am able to navigate my way through .db files and I just might revert those changes for my own sake, however that might be quite difficult

Personally, I would prefer an approach similar to Carthaginian merc barracks. That local gallic auxilaries are recruited from class 3 population i.e. "subjects" as opposed to the Hellenic Massalian overlords, maybe with exception for some high tier gallic units (consisting of nobles) who could have obtained similar legal status as Massalian ctizens like an "ally of the Polis". I think that it would give much more flair to the faction. Especially since Massalia is basically surrounded by hostile Iberians, Gauls and Germans.

I guess you went for more of a hybrid gallo-hellenic state and it is absolutely fine, however it is quite different from my view on the faction and "the feel" of their campaign which is closer to Carthaginian model.

Just posting some thoughts

Edit: after some digging in .db files it might be more difficult than i previously imagined. I guess that changing the corresponding pop class of a unit recruitable for Massalia and Gallic factions could affect their pop class for both sides, however I cannot understand why Gallic mercs were previously listed as foreigners and now they are treated like citizens; could it be a result of change made to status of Massalia faction so that those units are differently interpreted by the game?

Edit2: ok, i found the new AOR and merc classification for Massalia. I guess i just have to change it to previous classification and I am good to go
    Last edited by Nordling; August 10, 2021 at 05:29 PM.

@Nordling yes, although I am considering moving mercs out and back to 4th.

1.2.8 Beta Update 2
    - Fixed many incorrect rosters for rebellions.
    - Changed Carthage/Rome escalation scripts to take into account if Syracuse takes Sicily or if the Masaesyli take Syracuse.
    - Fixed name for Helot hoplite unit.
    - Fixed pop size/class for some Massalian units and an Arverni unit.
    - Fixed missing shield entry for Massalian Ligurian Cav.
    - Upgraded German Framannoz armor entry
    - Fixed some civil war factions missing garrison entries.
    - Fixed Arevaci missing slinger recruitment from some settlement types
    - Changed Seleucids to use Greek supply units so they will be properly recruited.
    - Various updates and fixes to British units visual overhaul from CEMN including updated Caledonian cavalry, officers, mercenaries, and lots of smaller tweaks.
    - Fixed 2 Massalian units missing historical descriptions.
    - Fixed Athens new port missing from some pop/supply scripts.

1.2.8 Beta Update 3

Battle/Unit Fixes
    - Updated Nabatean Heavy Camel Description
    - Updated Saba Heavy Infantry native & english name/description
    - Updated Heavy Kartivelian Infantry english name/description
    - Updated Chalybes Swords native name
    - Updated stats of noble and heavy nabatean camels
    - Updated stats of three top Scordisci swordsmen
    - Nervii early & late Cingetoi can now form phalanx
    - Updated stat for Chalybes Swords and Kolchis Corsairs, Corsairs unit size decreased from 300 to 200
    - Slightly updated stats of Campanian Hoplites
    - Added bonus vs infantry for sickles
    - Barbarian shieldwall units got their mass and HP slightly lowered
    - Fixed stats of Parthian heavy infantry
    - Fixed eastern chariots missing chariot attributes

Other Changes
    - Fixed Athenian faction trait bonus not properly applying to a few ships types.
    - Added supply ships to Thracian factions.
    - Fixed some unit types missing campaign stealth.
    - Fixed many AI recruitment templates missing proper cavalry settings, thanks to Swaraj for the find!
    - Changed HatG and CiG Massalia rosters to new roster and added new barracks buildings for those factions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast