Thread: returning to Total War Games need a bit of advice...

Default returning to Total War Games need a bit of advice...

Hi everyone.

After a long time away I picked up Rome 2 again and immediately installed DeI . Im loving the mod but have a noobish question.

When assaulting a City as a Roman Camillan army I am able to field scorpions but was suprised to see then could not damage the gates of Medoilanum the Insubres' city.

If I wanted to assault are there any siege engines I can use against walls / gates or do i have to capture the gate houses with ladders / Siege towers ?

Semisalis

Default Re: returning to Total War Games need a bit of advice...

Lithobolos / Ballista is the siege unit that can damage walls and gates. Comes from the workshop, I believe level 2. You can research it, or wait and just capture a workshop from an AI faction to build them, since you can build them from other cultures' workshops without even converting them. With enough of them you can take cities without capturing anything.

Some artillery like the Oxybeles are light artillery that is intended to shoot at units rather than walls. These units are much more accurate than heavy artillery which is more like a giant ancient shotgun that shoots rocks. Having at least 1 unit of artillery in an army reduces the maximum move range of whatever army it is placed in, even if it is only 1 unit in a 20 stack.

Default Re: returning to Total War Games need a bit of advice...

Thanks Artannis . Ill have to recruit the Lithobolos then....