Thread: Total War Medieval 3 and Medieval 2 Remastered Hybrid

Default Total War Medieval 3 and Medieval 2 Remastered Hybrid

greetings fellow total war fans

i was very excited when i first heard about rome 1 remastered not because of it but of the possibility of them doing the same thing for medieval 2 (the best total war imo), even though i started playing total war games from rome 2, when i eventually went back to play medieval 2 i i saw why people were saying the older titles were alot better, despite the poor graphics and fuctionality like the camera movements it was still a superior game, espacially with mods like stainless steel.
    so there is two possibilities for the future either CA will release a medieval 3 or medieval 2 remastered (there was a trademark or something like that which hints they're working on a game set in the medieval times) people are saying it is unlikely that they would release a medieval 2 remastered and a medieval 3 because they dont want to hurt the sales of medieval 3 by having them compete which makes sense to me. now here's my idea and i know it is extremly unlikely but its just fun to think about, what if they brought everything from medieval 2, the mechanics, region system, trade, character traits, replenishment system and so on, everything which was cut out and downsized in the later games, to medieval 3, and add new things to the game, such as more factions, new mechanics, maybe have villages pop up in the campaign map as your regions develop and when you fight battles close to them they appear in the battle map, and introduce a raid mechanic since that did happen alot in medieval times, naval battles, port settlments. political system. so what do you guys think? what would you add to the game? i think this is a good idea because it would satisfy the old style historical fans and the new fans,

Default Re: Total War Medieval 3 and Medieval 2 Remastered Hybrid

A Workshop in Steam for MTW2 would be great and would even solve many problems of it. I donīt think that we need a Medieval 3 now or even in the near future since i donīt think that the currently CA would even can deliver demanded things that we majority of the Community would want.

I mean look at the Games which they are labelling as "Historical" we got something like Disneys Hercules fighting the Hydra or some Martial Arts flying Magicians.

But they MTW2 still is holding his ground and we are in 2021

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Since that failure of Rome 2 release and really bad taste of OST I donīt think that we will get some good Product from the CA since we are not even seeing as Customer in their eyes. For example look how their Addon policy changed to a DLC things with influence of feminism. They donīt even talk to their Community they just ignore you, some Statistics are more influential and how much profit they can make since infinite growth is the Vision.

Default Re: Total War Medieval 3 and Medieval 2 Remastered Hybrid

i agree with everything you said, the moment political correctness makes it into gaming it poisons everything, gaming is supposed to be a world away from all that nonsense.
    even if we dont get medieval 3 im still enjoying medieval 2 with the still active modding community, the latest tsfardom total war and the italian wars are incredibly good mods. i just hope they do to medieval 2 what they did to rome 1, with expanded modding limits we can get some amazing mods.