Thread: playing past end date?

Default playing past end date?

I just realized Empire lets you play beyond 1800. Does M2 let you play beyond the 1520 end date or does the game just end? I've never fully played an M2 game
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: playing past end date?

Nor have I but just like with winning the campaign I guess there is an option to continue then.

Yes, that's what Empire did. I was defeated as far as the conquest goals but it gave me the option to continue playing. So have you tried Rome Remastered? I'll give it a shot in time, i owe it to the game that had me hooked for so long

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I played Rome when it got released - and tried Remastered as well. Then went straight back to the original. Ask me again once when you can have full conversion mods in remastered, no sense in relearning half the stuff again (where the heck is all the info when you need it? etc...) only to replay vanilla campaigns.

Did Rome I allow playing past the end date? If Rome I did i would imagine M2 would have too. I know that Rome I feeling. I had a nice vanilla mod i made for myself years back. I don't have that copy anymore but i jknow it's uploaded somewhere on this forum

yes the game allows you play past the 'end' date. Once you've won the campaign, or you run out of time, you can continue to play. When playing as England I somehow managed to get into the 2020s... can't even imagine how many turns and hours I wasted on that!

Im getting my behind kicked by the timurids (sp) Im down to a few cities left as Poland