Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Patch 2.0.2

Default New Patch 2.0.2

Since we have had nothing to really talk about in a while and I know many have been disappointed in the Remaster I hope this can turn your eyes and ears and give you some good news after so long.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-...tch-202-notes/

It looks very extensive and I particularly am interested in the merged features of all 3 Rome 1 games into one for the base game. Should open up a lot for mods.

Default Re: New Patch 2.0.2

How come nobody's saying anything about the infinite number of unit entries and regions in the campaign map? that alone is a massive milestone.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    How come nobody's saying anything about the infinite number of unit entries and regions in the campaign map? that alone is a massive milestone.
    yea thats wild, dont think anybody expected that. have they said anything about the faction cap? is it lifted yet? will it still only be 31? either way, 31 is more than enough to properly fill out the entire map now, leaving only very few rebel settlements.

Nice! Especially this:

Added functionality to change tax rates within the Settlements List and the Settlement Overview panel
    Improved switching between Lists; switching from the Armies to Settlements List no longer automatically switches from the Recruitment to the Construction panel, and vice versa

That was driving me crazy, can't wait to get home to play today :-)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by sashar View Post
    yea thats wild, dont think anybody expected that. have they said anything about the faction cap? is it lifted yet? will it still only be 31? either way, 31 is more than enough to properly fill out the entire map now, leaving only very few rebel settlements.
    Someone from Feral has said on the Total War Discord that an increase of the faction limit will be included in another patch.

Does someone have the code for the beta patch?

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Code not required just click on down arrow ..Steam library/ RR/ properties/ betas

Last edited by Saul Tyre; July 23, 2021 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Great stuff. Hope Feral puts all effort in lifting the faction limit now

PT_ReVoLuTioN's Avatar Tiro

Im really curious about this feature:

Added a new building bonus that allows adding increasing a settlement’s construction and recruitment points.

Does this mean we can enable settlements to recruit more than one unit at the time or construct more than one building at the time ?

I imagine we would need to add the effect to a specific building in export_descr_buildings but they dont specify the name of the effect
    Epic Quotes
    "Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend."
    "To win without risk is to triumph without glory." - Pierre Corneille
    "You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

Rome II - Total Disappointment

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It seems is exactly that, a feature I have years longing.

Anyone knows were the mod documentation is?
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 25, 2021 at 07:44 PM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    It seems is exactly that, a feature I have years longing.

Anyone knows were the mod documentation is?
    Feral have opened their Github here
    https://github.com/FeralInteractive/romeremastered
    which has info and tools and stuff

I've been trying to update the wiki here:
    https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...ered_-_Modding

From the page:

• extra_construction_points [bonus] - NEW for RR Allows you to give addional construction points to a settlment via a building modifier. You can define the bonus in terms of turns.

So it seems is just faster building, no more slots. Such a shame
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.

I believe I have good news.
    While the documentation sugests (extra_construction_points and extra_recruitment_points would simply subtract a said amout of turns to construction or recruitment and make it faster ) in fact Im not sure if thats what it does!

I've just tested it myself by adding the following to the main building chain for culture ex: governors_house, governors_villa, governors_palace etc :

Code:
    extra_recruitment_points  bonus 1 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
    Like this:

Code:
    building core_building
    {
        icon government
        levels governors_house governors_villa governors_palace proconsuls_palace imperial_palace 
        {
            governors_house requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit "carthaginian peasant"  0  requires factions { spain, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant briton"  0  requires factions { britons, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant dacian"  0  requires factions { dacia, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant gaul"  0  requires factions { gauls, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant german"  0  requires factions { germans, } 
                    recruit "barb peasant scythian"  0  requires factions { scythia, } 
                    recruit "carthaginian peasant"  0  requires factions { carthaginian, } 
                    recruit "east peasant"  0  requires factions { eastern, } 
                    recruit "egyptian peasant"  0  requires factions { egyptian, } 
                    recruit "greek peasant"  0  requires factions { greek, } 
                    recruit "roman peasant"  0  requires factions { roman, } 
                    extra_recruitment_points  bonus 1 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, }
                }
                construction  1 
                cost  400 
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                    governors_villa
                }
            }
            governors_villa requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { barbarian, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { carthaginian, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { eastern, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { egyptian, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { greek, } 
                    agent diplomat  0  requires factions { roman, } 

}
                construction  2 
                cost  800 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    governors_palace
                }
            }
            governors_palace requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    upgrade_bodyguard 1 requires factions { barbarian, }
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and remastered_only
                }
                construction  3 
                cost  1600 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                    proconsuls_palace
                }
            }
            proconsuls_palace requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    upgrade_bodyguard 1 requires factions { barbarian, }
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } and remastered_only
                }
                construction  4 
                cost  3200 
                settlement_min city
                upgrades
                {
                    imperial_palace
                }
            }
            imperial_palace requires factions { carthaginian, eastern, parthia, egyptian, greek, roman, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit "roman praetorian cohort i"  0  requires factions { roman, }  and marian_reforms 
                    upgrade_bodyguard 1
                }
                construction  6 
                cost  6400 
                settlement_min large_city
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }
    This basically makes each level of the main settlement building to add a single extra recruitemet slot, allowing me to recruit 2 units (that would normaly take a turn to recruir each) simultaneously !

Here Im trying to recruit 3 units that take 1 turn to recruit each:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	365250

Then I click next turn and:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	166.8 KB 
ID:	365251

As we can see 2 units were recruited at the same time but theres still one left.

I need to do further testing to be 100% sure but if true this is HUGE, I've also been waiting for this feature for so long! This will allow to considerably speed up the gameplay, specially with building construction.
    Last edited by PT_ReVoLuTioN; July 26, 2021 at 03:05 PM.
    Epic Quotes
    "Religious wars are basically people killing each other over who has the better imaginary friend."
    "You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln

This means big cities could plow through large monuments and building projects while also being able to build small stuff if required.

BUT it seems it just speeds up the recruitment/building. Try with two units that require more than one turn. I bet you'll only get each one one turn faster, so while it migth simulate multiple recruitment for units that requires one turn the rest of the mechanics is just the same.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 26, 2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    This means big cities could plow through large monuments and building projects while also being able to build small stuff if required.

BUT it seems it just speeds up the recruitment/building. Try with two units that require more than one turn. I bet you'll only get each one one turn faster, so while it migth simulate multiple recruitment for units that requires one turn the rest of the mechanics is just the same.
    Unfortunately that does seem to be the case, what a weird system .

If you have a settlement with 3 recruitment points, you can recruit 3 units that take 1 turn to build each BUT, if you try to recruit 2 elephants that take 2 turns each, the game will finish the recruitment of the first unit and make half progress with the second one. Additionally you could recruit an elephant unit + a unit of spearman.

Its not very intuitive and I hope they can change this effect to grant recruitment/construction slots instead and if possible, create a different effect to reduce turn "cost".
    Epic Quotes

I've been mostly critical of Feral so far, but honestly, this all seems very good, better than the usual CA patches at least. I especially like that features of expansions can be integrated into the base campaign. Great to see them working on mod support and capabilities, they got their priorities right on that, I'd be very happy if they expose the battle AI for modding, but I guess the CA wouldn't want that. That said, the biggest issue goes unfixed. I appreciate the work on the UI, but I don't think the UI can be fixed in its current iteration. It requires a redesign that's more suitable for PC, rather than the mobile-focused one that we currently have.

Well, is nice to have that recruitment/building turn discount effect. More slots would have been better in my book. Maybe latter they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by PT_ReVoLuTioN View Post
    Unfortunately that does seem to be the case, what a weird system .

If you have a settlement with 3 recruitment points, you can recruit 3 units that take 1 turn to build each BUT, if you try to recruit 2 elephants that take 2 turns each, the game will finish the recruitment of the first unit and make half progress with the second one. Additionally you could recruit an elephant unit + a unit of spearman.

Its not very intuitive and I hope they can change this effect to grant recruitment/construction slots instead and if possible, create a different effect to reduce turn "cost".
    The fact we even have the ability to recruit multiple units in a turn at all is huge and opens the door to more development in the future. If you talk with Feral about this on one of the Discords they would certainly try to help out with this.

In med 2 you could recruit more than one unit at the time, as in multiple slots. They are using med 2 engine, or recreating it from the rome one... so it should not be that hard, at least at first glance.

What med 2 never had was multiple building slots, which meant a huge cities were stuck in nonsensical things like unable to start two building projects at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by balparmak View Post
    I've been mostly critical of Feral so far, but honestly, this all seems very good, better than the usual CA patches at least. I especially like that features of expansions can be integrated into the base campaign. Great to see them working on mod support and capabilities, they got their priorities right on that, I'd be very happy if they expose the battle AI for modding, but I guess the CA wouldn't want that. That said, the biggest issue goes unfixed. I appreciate the work on the UI, but I don't think the UI can be fixed in its current iteration. It requires a redesign that's more suitable for PC, rather than the mobile-focused one that we currently have.
    Yes, to be clear massive credits to them for actually trying to adress this issue and for this patch overall. its just a shame we are not quite there yet.

I might try to get in touch in them via discord if possible, Im very curious to find out if they can something do about this.
    Epic Quotes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast