Thread: No Population Growth

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Default No Population Growth

Playing a campaign as Epeiros and conquered Thrake and Galatia e Cappadocia and converted them to military recruitment provinces. However, there is one teensy problem. The first, second and third class won't grow at all. They are stuck at 1 population each and the daily growth per turn is +0.

Any idea why this is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: No Population Growth

Sounds like something bugging the scripts, there should at least be the settler bonus you get when you are below the minimum.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I would assume so. I am using the same mod list, that I just used to complete my Roma campaign, which didn't have this bug. So I am guessing it has to do with Epeiros as a faction perhaps? Not sure. In any case I downloaded the settler mod to stimulate the growth in these bugged provinces.

Ok I just noticed. Population isn't growing at all, even though the numbers say they are. =(

Ive had this happen on 2-3 campaigns and I am no expert but I believe the script is broken on the save at this point and I abandon the save.

Thank you everyone for the assist.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

can you upload your save? and make a list of used mods, pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    can you upload your save? and make a list of used mods, pls?
    I wish I did, but I deleted it. I think it had to do with me making folders in the save game directory. Maybe several copies of autosave within each folder interfered with the save. Idk.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

uh, well, just hope it doesn't repeat no more

I've played several campaigns after I removed those folders in the save directory and haven't encountered the problem as of yet. So, I'm guessing that was perhaps the issue.

Hi,

I actually have the same bug, but in my case, maybe it was the same for you, the population system seemed to work for some instances :
    - bonus settlers are not applied, and the base pop for elite and such stays at 1, but some regions have a constant decrease in population (AI cities) and some have thousands negative population (again AI cities only)
    - when checking some of the "broken" region's population there is a weird +-XXXX instead of just -XXXX or +XXXX, usually the value is substracted, not added as far as i can tell
    - for my broken regions pop simply isn't increasing or decreasing at all, even though i can add / substract population by recruiting or disbanding, the rest is stuck

I asked the same thing in discord, just noticed this post afterwards sorry ...
    - Is it possible to reset the population on an ongoing play-through ? That might allow to keep going with current campaign (especially the very, very long ones)

Not entirely sure of that. My only finding is at best a speculation as I deleted the saves in frustration and started a new campaign after deleting the folder as mentioned, and the problem ceased to exist.