Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retro Remix!

ThatOtherGuy's Avatar Tiro
    Denver or Seattle, Depends on the time of year.

Default Re: Retro Remix!

Quote Originally Posted by Grauman View Post
    Aww that great to hear looking forward to it also sorry for the question.

But the Alpha have the Byzantines remix in ?

Or they not included in the alpha?
    Yes the Byzantines are already done and ready to go. They have a new texture sets for all of their units.

Do you know when the alpha part of the mod will be released?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOtherGuy View Post
    Yes the Byzantines are already done and ready to go. They have a new texture sets for all of their units.
    Aww great sorry i asked because you usualy do a preview and explain the changes!

Hey sorry I make a double post but is became quit around this mod!

Hope is still I work

Hey no the mod is not really abandoned. I'm just waiting for some feed back and also trying a new workflow for creating and updating unit models. I really hate working with Milkshape3D for rigging and trying to figure out what went wrong with the import process.

Hey no the mod is not really abandoned. I'm just waiting for some feed back and also trying a new workflow for creating and updating unit models. I really hate working with Milkshape3D for rigging and trying to figure out what went wrong with the import process.
    Happy to hear was starting to worry, looking forward finally get this mod on my hand

You can actually. An alpha is up on the download section.

You can actually. An alpha is up on the download section.
    that so epic i will download it today and play a bit thanks!

How do i install it?

I try to run it but i always get set back to vanilla medieval even when i install it on the mod path

or is not comfortable with steam version?
    Last edited by Grauman; April 13, 2022 at 09:49 AM.

It should work just like any mod installation. It works with Kingdoms as it's using the retrofit mod as a base. Try that.

there is no downloads section

Quote Originally Posted by BLS total war View Post
    there is no downloads section
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4641

thanks man apreciate it,consider uploading this mod to moddb if you cant then i shall do it for you if need be

Sure you can upload it to moddb. I don't have an account and I have alot of my plate right now to continue working on this mod.

i shall

so any update?

Hello is me again!

I finally got your mod to work, soo i tested the mod now with a long campaign with the holy roman empire

So first of all i literally enjoyed the heck out of the roster change for the, feeled make the german much more distinct as the boverian spear warrior where pure joy to use, then the armoed pikmen, they seemed bit less effective as them

but funny enough i rarely played pike so i probaly can't use them

Only thing i kinda dislike was the high state of militia 9 attack to my 9 attack imperial knights?

Could you maybe tell me the reason why some militia have standard military stats?

but overall super fun

Now i start a byzanstine empire campaign you didn't do a review so i started to look in to the new things in custome battle

<First see the zweihänder are gone what i get because they honestly not very needed as we already have a two handed elite infanterie

but else not except the new

new ridden archer elite units a very good new archer unit the bzyanstine guard

and akritoi

so the akritoi have kinda big stats for being a early unit but i think i get what they purpose is

but elite horse archer seems even better as the one from the turks who i ask why the bzyanstine have better horse archer then the actually horse archer faction

Next!bzyanstine guard are also better then must armies

also shame you didn't add the flamethrower as i find was a very nice and uniuqe unit i hope you add

So that was my feedback i know noit very good but something looking forward what you still have planned

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboy19 View Post
    so any update?
    Hello is me again!

I finally got your mod to work, soo i tested the mod now with a long campaign with the holy roman empire

So first of all i literally enjoyed the heck out of the roster change for the, feeled make the german much more distinct as the boverian spear warrior where pure joy to use, then the armoed pikmen, they seemed bit less effective as them

but funny enough i rarely played pike so i probaly can't use them

Only thing i kinda dislike was the high state of militia 9 attack to my 9 attack imperial knights?

Could you maybe tell me the reason why some militia have standard military stats?

but overall super fun

Now i start a byzanstine empire campaign you didn't do a review so i started to look in to the new things in custome battle

<First see the zweihänder are gone what i get because they honestly not very needed as we already have a two handed elite infanterie

but else not except the new

new ridden archer elite units a very good new archer unit the bzyanstine guard

and akritoi

so the akritoi have kinda big stats for being a early unit but i think i get what they purpose is

but elite horse archer seems even better as the one from the turks who i ask why the bzyanstine have better horse archer then the actually horse archer faction

Next!bzyanstine guard are also better then must armies

also shame you didn't add the flamethrower as i find was a very nice and uniuqe unit i hope you add

So that was my feedback i know noit very good but something looking forward what you still have planned

Thanks for trying it! The reason for why certain stats are funny is because a lot of the systems of combat are tied to non numerical values, such as animation speeds, mass, and what type of weapon they have. Thus even though the imperial knights deal less damage than certain militia, the weapon class and animation speeds makes them far more effective in terms of combat.

In terms of continuing to update this I put it on hold due to numerous reasons: one is that the 3D editing tools just suck. So far no one has able to make a conversion from .CASMesh to something far more universal like FBX. Instead I have to use a clunky out of date program like Milkshape 3D that throws numerous temper tantrums at me for doing basic stuff. Second is that as much as I love Medieval 2, unless I can actually efficiently edit the animations, there is only so much unit variety that I can do before things just repeat themselves. Third is that the engine limitations or lack of documentation makes it hard to modify certain aspects easily that I would like to mod. Also I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Thanks for trying it! The reason for why certain stats are funny is because a lot of the systems of combat are tied to non numerical values, such as animation speeds, mass, and what type of weapon they have. Thus even though the imperial knights deal less damage than certain militia, the weapon class and animation speeds makes them far more effective in terms of combat.

In terms of continuing to update this I put it on hold due to numerous reasons: one is that the 3D editing tools just suck. So far no one has able to make a conversion from .CASMesh to something far more universal like FBX. Instead I have to use a clunky out of date program like Milkshape 3D that throws numerous temper tantrums at me for doing basic stuff. Second is that as much as I love Medieval 2, unless I can actually efficiently edit the animations, there is only so much unit variety that I can do before things just repeat themselves. Third is that the engine limitations or lack of documentation makes it hard to modify certain aspects easily that I would like to mod. Also I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

AHHH DUDE

I was so hype for the future of this update

But i get where you coming from is all a big pain in the ass but i still hope you come back to it

I think A!

When Medeival total war 2 remastered comes out or the engine overhault project

Because lets us be real you just right medieval 2 have extreme outdated modding tools

Still hope we see what ya planning in the future and maybe even pic up the mod

I just keep on playing

Right now french campagin, really enjoy them!

AHHH DUDE

I was so hype for the future of this update

But i get where you coming from is all a big pain in the ass but i still hope you come back to it

I think A!

When Medeival total war 2 remastered comes out or the engine overhault project

Because lets us be real you just right medieval 2 have extreme outdated modding tools

Still hope we see what ya planning in the future and maybe even pic up the mod

I just keep on playing

Right now french campagin, really enjoy them!
    There were a lot of features and things I wanted to add on this mod if the tools updated. One was completely redoing all of the terrain textures and vegetation with Quixel Megascans. Another was slowly redoing the architecture textures as well. But the big thing I wanted to do was respect the original art direction of the game and redo a lot of the unit models with more details and geometry. Once those were done then I would expand the map, better balance the settlement placement and maybe add a couple of new factions to even out global engagement.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast