Thread: Reorganize units into the army

Default Reorganize units into the army

Hello guys! I've been recently playing Bellum Crucis on Medieval II Definitive Edition. Everything's wonderfoul but units don't get automatically reorganized into the army when they join it while into the basic game they do. I mean, the army looks very disordered, troups of the same type icons are not close one another. That makes me mad in organize my forces.

Do you have the same issue into this mod? Can I manage to solve this through a scritp or modyfing some setting?

If I had to resign to this situation, would you advise me a mod with this function of "order units" ?

Thank you a lot!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Reorganize units into the army

I don't think the Med2 engine allows for such automatic re-organisation. I actually like this way - I hate Rome2 or Attila "self-reorganization" where you cannot decide on your own the order of the units.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I don't think the Med2 engine allows for such automatic re-organisation. I actually like this way - I hate Rome2 or Attila "self-reorganization" where you cannot decide on your own the order of the units.
    Thanks for your reply mate. Actually I can't move my units, I mean I cannot decide where to put them; they get into the army and then if I try to move their icon in another position they return to the "starting place". Does it work like this to everyone? I'm sure in MTW II units get auto-reorganized but I'm not sure if you choose the position.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I move units to an adjacent space one (or more) by one. You don't need a general in the army (as in Rome2) so it can be done (in Rome2 you need to have another army beforehand).

Ok If I got your way we're doing the same Putting some units out of the army and then put them into again to "re-establish" the order. I saw is not possible in other games, so I'm wondering about why in Medieval you can (automatic organization) , and in BC don't. It needs to be like this or is a bug in my version?

Thanks!

Hey guys, need to add some information to this post. Well, I double-checked my statement, and don't know exactly what kind of imaginative movie I saw in the night but actually units don't get ordered in the vanilla game as well haha Then I thought it was only in Kingdoms expansion and I tryed with Britannia campaign but neither there I saw that. So I guess (and ask you for confirmation about that) the whole game engine (vanilla-expansions-mods as well) does not allow automatic reorganization and there aren't any ways (scripts or smth) to set it. Maybe this thing works from shogun II further.
    Thank you anyway for your response guys!