Thread: Siraces Riders replaced by Bosporan Horse Archers in the Caucasus?

Default Siraces Riders replaced by Bosporan Horse Archers in the Caucasus?

Non-hellenistic factions are affected by this after the Thorakitai Reforms. I'm curious as to what historical phenomena this represents. Is it "importing" settlers from the Crimean Peninsula into the Caucasus by enterprising Hai administrators? Is it the adoption of heavily armored horse archers by local Caucasians? Is it the Siraces instead who upgraded their armor?

Default Re: Siraces Riders replaced by Bosporan Horse Archers in the Caucasus?

The Bosporan Horse Archers also represent a Caucasian heavier horse archer unit - that's why they have a Hayastan skin.

Didn t Ancient Armenia had armored royal horse archer core? I remember reading somewhere they had heavily armored horse archers.

Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    Didn t Ancient Armenia had armored royal horse archer core? I remember reading somewhere they had heavily armored horse archers.
    They did, although I agree only because Armored Horse Archers under the Armenian banner appear in nearly every single Hellenistic-Era game. Perhaps we can rename Bosporan Horse Archers to Ponto-Caucasian Horse Archers to better encapsulate their historical AOR

Honestly some name simplification when it comes to the units would be much appreciated. For instance, Hykranian hillmen feel out of place in the mountains of pontos, but im sure they had similar units.

At that point I would prefer seeing two unit slots used, given how many variations of other units exist. Keltic mercenaries for instance, lots of paralel units just to represent them.