Thread: Questions regarding Roman generals

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

Default Questions regarding Roman generals

1. Is there a database anywhere on General skill trees?
    (a) Which is the best skill trees to take on your Generals, and why?
    (b) How to trigger the Triumph Trait for Roman Generals?

2. Is there a database anywhere on Army Traditions?
    (a) Which is the best Army Traditions to take?

Civis

Default Re: Questions regarding Roman generals

depends on what you need the general for? Governor? or battle? for battle I usually got night battle first; then move over to moral + speed movement, then whatever depends on my army makeup.

Summary's Avatar Biarchus

General not Governor. Governor skill tree is fairly straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Summary View Post
    1. Is there a database anywhere on General skill trees?
    (a) Which is the best skill trees to take on your Generals, and why?
    (b) How to trigger the Triumph Trait for Roman Generals?

2. Is there a database anywhere on Army Traditions?
    (a) Which is the best Army Traditions to take?
    I would firstly recommend going for the Q Sertorius skill tree submod which makes all the existing traits much more interesting and viable.
    1) no
    1a start of by pink both with and without. I have stopped going for night battles as it's ai cheesing.
    1b get into capital I think

2 no
    a) depends on the faction and the army composition, so can't really say anything

Honestly for romans it is best to go logistian and camp admiristiror trees. Especially max out the traits that give +%xx replenishment per turn, and +xx experience per turn. You can conquer the entire world with one full stack army, since the losses will be replenished so quickly, and the army will be continiously increase the experience itself, especially with a champion attached the army.

Roman army is so strong that you really don't need commander, tactician or warrior trees. IMO those are required for other factions. For greeks, who rely on genals bodyguard as he main cavalary force up until the late game for hammer and anvils, warrior or commander is necessary. For barbarians or very small factions, tactician is a must for night battles or ambushes. Roman army can win battles without a general. So...

Focus on blue, yellow and green.
    Last edited by tndgu; July 23, 2021 at 03:10 PM.

colonel klinck's Avatar Libertus

I‘ve never payed attention to my generals if some of them are « triumphable »or not. Despite this I remember how to do with another mod Europa Barbarorum 2. And in some ways DEI devs get some inspiration from. I strongly suspect that it is more or less the same process. To manage that your general has to win about 4 or maybe 5 battles against the same faction. To beat a garrisoned city counts. Then your general will receive a notification in his trait that it’s time to go in the capital to get a triumph. Wait at least the next turn. Then enter in Rome with only your general and no army. Wait the next turn and you get your triumph with some bonuses attached to.
    Last edited by colonel klinck; August 13, 2021 at 08:46 AM.