Thread: New UI converter

Artifex
    Patrician

Default New UI converter

I'm going to post this in 10 threads for each game, as that's how this forum is organized.

I wrote new UI layout file converter. It has very close to 100% support for all 10 Total War games from Empire to Three Kingdoms, and it works more or less like my esf2xml converter.

For Empire and Napoleon old converter was working just fine, but for all new games support was either limited (Shogun 2) or nonexistent.

If you were editing UI layouts with hex editor, please stop doing that and do it the easy way.

The converter fully decodes structure of the UI layout files, but it has limited knowledge as to their meanings. So you will often see blocks of integers or booleans, and while I'm reasonably confident that they're indeed integers or booleans, it's not always clear what they actually do. If you have any information about that, it's very welcome.

If you have any troubles with it, let me know.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: New UI converter

Ive clicked on everything I can click on on the github page but nothing seems to actually download the files. How does one download this?

Artifex
    Patrician

If you go to https://github.com/taw/etwng and click big green Code button, it offers you multiple download options.

Lobstag's Avatar Laetus

Doing god's work there buddy. Does this now mean we are able to mod the UI without having to learn how to script in lua and luac?