Thread: Savefile from another PC crashes

Default Savefile from another PC crashes

Hello everyone.

I spoke to the Stainless Steel Mod author Gigantus about a problem with my savefiles and he told me to ask help from around here.
    I was playing a singleplayer Late Era campaign on my laptop when I was away from home one night, and when I returned and tried sending the savefile to desktop it would crash on launch everytime. The exact same happens if I send a savefile from my desktop to my laptop.

I own Medieval 2 on steam, I have made sure both my laptop and desktop run the same version of the base game, mod and both have the same patch as Gigantus alerts to in his modpage. I dont want to verify game files out of fear my savegame will become unplayable. I have tried this kind of testing with multiple save files and it seems to be that neither computer will accept a single savefile from the other.

Since this kind of problem would make hotseat campaigns impossible, I was wondering if any of you had come across it before and found a solution. If possible I would like to salvage my campaign file in order to be able to play it on any PC. Link to my savefile below:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lj3...ew?usp=sharing

Cheers lads.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: Savefile from another PC crashes

The only reason that could happen is due to different versions (or a damaged save during download, but as you likely tried multiple times, thats not it).

Stainless Steel was reuploaded by Gigantus a few months ago (maybe a year by now, no idea) and the new upload is not compatible with the old one (as it has some fixes), so I assume thats the cause? On one of your machines you likely have the old or new upload.

So i suppose try to copy the whole SS folder from your labtop to your desktop and use that to load the saves, that should work, to make sure its the same version