Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: US Forces In Full Scale Retreat From Afghanistan; 20 years of War Ending In Total Military Defeat?

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Default Re: US Forces In Full Scale Retreat From Afghanistan; 20 years of War Ending In Total Military Defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Huh? The Taliban is begging for milkies rn.
    Yeah, of course. I know actually. What I meant is that there is no incentive to change for them regardless of the milkies. It's all deceptive. They will just take in aids what they can and then laugh the despised donors in the face. Their attempt at building up a new facade of trustworthy statesmanship is of course not credible.

The Talibs my be extremists, but the rest of the population is not so far away. They would also take the milkies and still despise the Westerners, which is why the occupation failed.

@ DavidBN
    Frankly, I don't believe the women and children would want that. What makes you believe they don't share their husbands and fathers mindset?

A military occupation force is not there to change the culture of a country. Nobody can enforce this, it's preposterous and actual military knows this very well.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 11, 2022 at 10:32 AM. Reason: 2nd quote removed for continuity

Default Re: US Forces In Full Scale Retreat From Afghanistan; 20 years of War Ending In Total Military Defeat?

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post

Frankly, I don't believe the women and children would want that. What makes you believe they don't share their husbands and fathers mindset?

A military occupation force is not there to change the culture of a country. Nobody can enforce this, it's preposterous and actual military knows this very well.
    Yeah, because being raped for the rest of their lives is something they enjoy?

What makes you believe they do share those mindests? Is it even a choice when there's only one "morally" acceptable "mindset" in Afghanistan?

Can you point out my preposterous statement about changing a country's culture?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBN View Post
    Yeah, because being raped for the rest of their lives is something they enjoy?
    Did you really mean this? This is not really funny. Yes, people, cultures, societies really lack what we recognize as first world standards. They exist and they have women who give birth to many more generations of those suffering people, as a matter of fact much more so than we do in our first world paliative care units. It's a shame, isn't it? Of course we could just take them all in and merrily distribute them over the richest countries of the world. Just like, you know, 75% of the rest of the world.

The notion that less developed countries are somehow not worthy of bearing children or need to be bereft of their women is the most shockingly racist and sexist thing that I have ever read on this entire freaking forum, by the way. (granted, i'm not reading that much here, but still).

Can you point out my preposterous statement about changing a country's culture?
    Oh you're asking for it, don't you. It is not "your" preposterous statement. It is what the US war machine for a very long time thought they could do (or rather what the political leaders thought). Would you like to join them?

Wow. Racist too.

Except I'm not the one who equates the taliban belief system with the cultural identities of Afghanistan.

In fact, I would rather say that your idea of all "less developed countries" being culturally uber rapy is quite racist. And untrue.

When I talk about medieval bastards I mean the Taliban, not the Afghan people. I thought that was clear but I'm having doubts now.

Believe me, I would apply the same method to some cults in the US. The US is a first world country, supposedly, right?

In my particular region of Italy, rapists could invoke the "matrimonio riparatore", basically marry the girl they had raped so both families "honor" would be preserved. That went on until 50 years ago. Not 200.
    Try doing that today, see what happens.

Cultures evolve. Fanatics don't.

So again, explain to me who is the racist who wants to "change cultures".
    Last edited by Bande Nere; May 09, 2022 at 12:11 PM.

Wow. Racist too.

Except I'm not the one who equates the taliban belief system with the cultural identities of Afghanistan.

In fact, I would rather say that your idea of all "less developed countries" being culturally uber rapy is quite racist. And untrue.

When I talk about medieval bastards I mean the Taliban, not the Afghan people. I thought that was clear but I'm having doubts now.

Believe me, I would apply the same method to some cults in the US. The US is a first world country, supposedly, right?

In my particular region of Italy, rapists could invoke the "matrimonio riparatore", basically marry the girl they had raped so both families "honor" would be preserved. That went on until 50 years ago. Not 200.
    Try doing that today, see what happens.

Cultures change. Fanatics don't.

So again, explain to me who is the racist who wants to "change cultures".
    Can you stop sexualizing everything. I never said they were "rapy", you did.

I said they are less developed and that has implications that need to be acknowledged, because they are a fact of life. And that is all that I have to say to your holy regurgitation.

I'm soooo sorry my view of the talibans offends your sensiblities.

Bye, old chap.
    I don't have to care one way or the other. You can go to middle school with that primitive crap.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The now pro-Kremlin Ludicus bot has gone haywire and needs repairing in St Petersburg.

As for the actual topic of this thread, I find it interesting that the Taliban, while being at odds with the US, didn't forget the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, and so have criticized the Russian invasion of Ukraine. While the current regimes of Afghanistan and Myanmar do not have UN recognition, the representatives of their previous governments have supported a UN measure condemning the Russian invasion.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

So I was hoping Ludicus would back up his people's money thing but got board and did a little digging...

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/pr...cal-settlement

"Afghanistan continues to rely on grants to finance 75 percent of its total public expenditures. Total revenues currently amount to around $2.5 billion per year, while expenditures reach around $11 billion per year. "

So more or less other peoples money. And absolutely particularity not money given to the Taliban. So umm err the Afghan people made their choice by inaction and corruption and etc and so not seeing US actions in any poor light but do help on this Ludicus.

I got more but I will wait for Ludicus to find some link to Mearsheirmer describing how we should give western aid to the Taliban so it will become an ally against China. But realistically have fun being a drug producing state from the 13th century. At least the Taliban will suppress ISIS or not... seemingly so.

Edit: And let girls go to school, oops fail on that as well.
    Last edited by conon394; April 22, 2022 at 07:58 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Hey Ludicus so going to tell me how the US is making the Taliban oppress its people today in a more fun ways, well at least women and girls? Looks the Bruqa is back in style, and no school and limited work. But I am sure you can figure out how that is the fault of the US. But I am sure we should given them their not their money to them (the Taliban that is) a 13th century narco state. Let see how does it go US bad -> Nobody else has any agency but the US-> Umm a bunch of hand waving and there you have it the US is being mean to the Taliban.
    Last edited by conon394; May 08, 2022 at 09:57 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Not going claim these are great sources (without a bias potentially -aljazeera seems more balanced ) but how is the 'peoples' government of the Taliban working out - meh

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/tali...inhouse-fight/

https://www.news18.com/news/opinion/...t-5113603.html

https://www.aljazeera.com/opinions/2...ay-be-imminent

Hey look another great day for the Afgan people's personal freedom

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-western-herat

Guess the people will have less time to demand their not money goes to the not elected Taliban Ludicus or least not in same sex demonstrations.
    Last edited by conon394; May 17, 2022 at 09:21 AM.

Ludicus - hey look another great day for the people's government (err not) of Afghanistan

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/a...sion-rcna29146

So Biden should hand over not the Taliban's money again why?

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    Actually it can. Commies did just that in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    1. You got to give them an economy.

2. That they want to protect.

3. So what exactly do the Afghans produce?
    Opium is both highly profitable and suitable for their climate.

All we have to do is to legalize the whole chain of business and guarantee their farmers fair prices. It'd also save our own money wasted on this stupid drug war against some plant seeds and rich kids wanting to fry their own brains for amusement.
    Last edited by AqD; May 24, 2022 at 01:38 PM.

Let's see how long till Ludicus notices Kissinger is on his side (to bad I'm agnostic so if I say I hope he rots in hell is pointless). Although while recommending conceding to Putin's demands maybe he also recommends a secret bombing campaign/invasion in Belarus or in Transnistria. That he got a an invite to Davos just shows the moral bankruptcy of the affair.
    Last edited by conon394; May 24, 2022 at 03:14 PM.

Hey look another fine day for Afghan people and their government we should handing not their money over too

https://www.euronews.com/2022/06/10/...n-rights-watch