Thread: Government buildings of the Massylians increase culture only up to 30 percent?

Default Government buildings of the Massylians increase culture only up to 30 percent?

According to the Guide, the advanced government buildings of the Massylians only increase culture up to 30 percent. Is that really the case or a typo? That seems very low to me and makes it difficult to expand outside. Especially because the Massylians must also conquer egypt.

Default Re: Government buildings of the Massylians increase culture only up to 30 percent?

That's really the case, no faction has fast conversion (which is what buildings offer) to a very high number. It's enough to stabilise a foreign province, not to do all the work of converting it.

Default Re: Government buildings of the Massylians increase culture only up to 30 percent?

Makes sense.

Will the Massylians get their own heavy infantry later? For the most part they only have light hoplites. The battles against the Carthaginians were a hassle. (sacred band, I'm looking at you!)

According to recruitment viewer they have late lybian infantry, which are okay spearmen (a little better than thureophoroi) and late numidian infantry, which are decent swordsmen. Available after settled reforms I think.

Not every faction can get heavily armoured elite troops...

Kyrene will give you hoplites, eastern Iberia "scutarii" infantry, Italy has various infantry options.

If you like hefty cultural conversion, try playing as Pontos, Nabatu, or Pahlava. After achieving their respective Imperial Reforms, most of their post-Imperial governments grant you between 35% to 60% cultural conversion. Here are the specifics

Pontos
    Satrapy: 50
    Petty Kingdom: 55
    Dynastic Administration: 60

Nabatu
    Satrapy: 60
    Philhellenic Satrapy: 60
    Dynastic Administration: None...

Pahlava
    Satrapy: 40
    Philhellenic Satrapy: 35
    Royal Satrapy: 60
    Indo-Parthian Satrapy: 50

Yes, I realised too late that the Nabatean royal satrap does not convert. Otherwise I would have waited before building it.

In the case of Pontus, I wonder how it works with Military Colonies. The Pontos satrapy converts to 50 eastern imperial and military colony 3 convert to 70 hellenistic polities. Does it overwrite the satrapy or do the 50 eastern imperial remain?

Quote Originally Posted by Aneuth View Post
    Yes, I realised too late that the Nabatean royal satrap does not convert. Otherwise I would have waited before building it.

In the case of Pontus, I wonder how it works with Military Colonies. The Pontos satrapy converts to 50 eastern imperial and military colony 3 convert to 70 hellenistic polities. Does it overwrite the satrapy or do the 50 eastern imperial remain?
    They stack within their limits . From 0%-50% EI, Pontus would enjoy DOUBLE the conversion. Between 50%-70% only the normal amount though

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    They stack within their limits . From 0%-50% EI, Pontus would enjoy DOUBLE the conversion. Between 50%-70% only the normal amount though
    One curious little tidbit here is that Pontos will be on a timer in their Hellenistic Settlements in that that conversion to EI will push the Hellenistic Polities culture in their settlements. If that HP goes below 45%, you will likely never get the chance to build Hellenistic reformed military colonies (ie. Pontos has to rush for the reformed colony before that HP falls below 45%), especially if that settlement has Hypobasilea or BP as its government building .
    Last edited by realm56; July 17, 2021 at 07:09 PM.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I am confused. Shouldn't the military colonies convert to hellenistic polities?

I am confused. Shouldn't the military colonies convert to hellenistic polities?
    The thing is with Pontos is that their main culture post reform is EI which means the 50 to 60% EI that their governments (+ governor's influence) provide is going to displace whatever conversion the military colonies provide, mixed in with other existing cultures such as Eastern Tribal and that HP has a good chance of not reaching the theoretical 50-70% cap and more importantly, you need at least 45% HP to build both Major isolated Settlements and Reformed colonies.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Ok, now I understand.

It would actually make sense for Symmachia to allow all hellenic military colonies in order to get around the problem.

Ok, now I understand.

It would actually make sense for Symmachia to allow all hellenic military colonies in order to get around the problem.
    Unfortunately, this will not work, you can only build the 1st level Hellenistic military colonies with a Symmachia government in place, you need at least Strategiai post reform for Minor Isolated Settlements and Satrapeia or better for both Major Isolated Settlements and the Reformed Colonies.
    - Sun Tzu

I know, I meant that it is being changed. So that it is possible with the Symmachia.