Thread: Recruitment

Icon5 Recruitment

This is something that's eluding me a bit in TW3K - how do I recruit better troops, apart from doing the necessary reforms?

It's not as simple as constructing better barracks like in previous TW games. You have to do a combination of reforms, good generals, I think also provinces? I'm a bit confused on how do I get better troops than simple Archer Militia (who btw you can recruit even after you upgrade to normal Archers).

Any ideas?

Default Re: Recruitment

So most recruitment rules are based around on reforms, general level, and general class. A reform will first unlock the unit for recruitment across the faction. However, in order to unlock that unit for recruitment by a specific general, they both have to have the appropriate level (mid tier at level 4 and high tier at level 6) and the appropriate class (most cases, does the color match? exception is commanders, who can recruit most mid tier).

The main exceptions are Palace Guard, Imperial, and Dragon units, which are available to everyone in your faction once you unlock the appropriate reform or reach emperor status.

To address the example, Archers are recruitable by Strategists (blue) and Commanders (yellow) at level 4 once you have the right reform.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!