Thread: Throwing Pilum stops charge and attack command

Default Throwing Pilum stops charge and attack command

Greetings

Recently played a lot of DeI again and what I noticed, especially in larger battles, is that troops who throw a Pilum (or something similar) beforehand break off the attack afterwards.

That means I order unit A to attack enemy X. Unit A rushes towards X, stops to throw the Pilum and does nothing afterwards.

This is extremely annoying, especially if this unit is about to fall in the flank / back of the opponent, you lose a lot of time, regardless of the fact that it is annoying to have to give the attack order again.

I know that I can work around the problem by activating melee mode, but then you don't use the Pilum at all.

Is the behavior, that the charge is completely canceled and the attack order is then gone, in order to throw the Pilum, intended?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Throwing Pilum stops charge and attack command

Yes and it was a great change.

It gives player larger control, especially due to how bugged that order in base game it.

Biggest perk is how it improved AI as this is why AI in DeI is not zombie rushing as much as it does in base game and even holds reserves. AI units are also a lot more dangerous as it prolongs skirmishing phase so AI missiles are bigger threat. Lastly, it makes AI charges a lot stronger since with throw on charge, AI would not position units properly, only few would do the throw and then some would charge, rest would have a delay due to animation so that overall only a portion of unit actually charges their target for full effect. In DeI, AI units will make sure to use all ammo to soften enemy up and then charge without and bugged animation delay.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Default Re: Throwing Pilum stops charge and attack command

Ah understand. Then I have to look around that somehow.

Basically, I found the Vanilla Throw + Charge very nice. Looked good too.

Thanks for the answer tho.