View Poll Results: Shall Cookiegod become a Citizenperson?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 77.78%
  • No

4 22.22%
  • Abstain

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Adamat)

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Adamat)

Introduction Friends, rivals, vague acquaintances of the Curia ,

I present to thee today on a platter of the finest nondescript metal of a reasonable price, Cookiegod. Here is where I would normally include some information on how I met the client and such, but honestly I can’t remember what I had for dinner yesterday and Cookiestar isn’t really that memorable to begin with (but he did reportedly invent the vaccine against autism). Still, he’s a good egg, one of the best eggs I’ve known in all my long years if I do say so myself, yes yes. He’s got heart. Actually, the rumor is he’s secretly an octopus, and as such has three hearts.
    I know the competition for citizenship is quite tough this time of year, but I have full confidence in my all-star of many talents and slightly more hearts. All I ask of you is that you search yours, and you will find there that this is truly something Cookiechamp both needs and deserves after a tough year.

Please clap.

Client’s Contribution "This haiku of
    mine
    is really
    sublime
    and also prime
    It belongs in the
    Haiku-Thread
    for that I need
    to be citizen
    so vote make me citizen.
    - Vergil"

RECOMMENDATIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by Akar
    Cookie is one of the most sexually powerful and generous lovers I've ever had the pleasure to encounter in my extensive and entirely consensual love life. In addition to his admirable work as the head of my harem he has contributed extensively to the TWC community. His AARs, contributions to the screenshot and graphics competitions and his consistently pleasant and humorous attitude add value wherever there are found. I've known Cookie for far too long now and in that time I've always known him to be a stand up fellow who keeps TWC at the forefront of whats left of his addled and diminished mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oda Nobunaga
    Konichiwa Neko, my ferrow forumites, it is I, the honoroburu Oda Nobunaga, here to terr you why you must all vote in favour of the making of the citizenship of the., cookiegod!
    As we all know, he is quite Kawaii desu and very manly, and would make a fantastic addition to our fine list of outstanding citizens of the forum! His sense of wit, dashing smile, greying hair and mild obesity are exactly what we here are lacking! It would also bring satisfaction to our lord and saviour, the cookie monster! And remember, Jesus loves you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narf
    Cookie is a very smart man, who'll go out of his way to make a funny, even though toes might be nicked in the effort. He prefers joviality as a standard, but can set really deep roots into a debate or topic once he decides to set his mind to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkafinwe
    "Recommendation for Cookiegod

He is a Cookie. He is a God. He is the Cookiegod. What else can I say?

I like Cookie, he's a funny guy and I like funny guys. He is a man who doesn't take life too seriously and I respect that and I, unironically, think we need more of those here. You may believe it or not (and he may not believe it himself) but Cookie is very devoted to TWC, and he gives all his love for the site, and more, in his own strange way.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Citizen] Cookiegod (Patron: Adamat)

Personally, I welcome the Thema Devia proto-citizen with a rare but occasional penchant to produce fairly well thought out posts.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Yeah, he's alright.

Support.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Unsurprisingly I approve of this very delisasu cookie kami-san.

I will give 20 samurai divisions in support.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I support cookie because as Akar once said, he is not Hitler. Also he's funny, sometimes, for a danish of sudanese-russian descent.

Dammit cookie, you'd better get it this time.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Abstain for now.

Because I don't visit the Thema Devia forum much and therefore I cannot get a fair judgement by reading his posts. So, I would appreciate if links to his contributions as Thema Devia threads or in other areas e.g competitions was added to his citizen application.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I want to support, because Cookiegod is hilarious and adds immeasurable amounts of laughs to the Thema Devia sub-forum, but the OP has to put in the effort for a proper citizenship proposal by providing a full list of links to his substantive contributions. Namely, the things Akar brought up, his AARs and screenshots for graphics competitions. If and when that is done I would gladly support, but I will abstain for now. Come on, Adamat! You can do it!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Aw here we go again. I stand by my words.

SUPPORT for my favourite Cookie!

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

I will support.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

This application suffers from the same shortcomings as the previous attempt. It has no links to relevant material and seems to rely on its own brand of humorousness presentation as its support. Personally I would like to see Cookiegod's screenshot work and writing competition material highlighted.

I will quote from the previous application a response which I feel sums of the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan
    While entertaining, it lacks substance and specific contributions. In addition, I don't speak kangaroo and as such a large chunk of this is unintelligible.

Opposed.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    sudanese-russian descent.
    That's enough for me. Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Baltar View Post
    This application suffers from the same shortcomings as the previous attempt. It has no links to relevant material and seems to rely on its own brand of humorousness presentation as its support. Personally I would like to see Cookiegod's screenshot work and writing competition material highlighted.

I will quote from the previous application a response which I feel sums of the whole situation.
    This^

That is my reason for changing from abstain to oppose.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Opposed. Cookie’s proven links to the GRU and his involvement in the hacking of the 2016 US presidential election are reason enough why he can never be allowed to infiltrate the Curia. The fate of western democracy depends on our collective vigilance as citizens. We can’t afford the lazy assumption that the Curia is too large and powerful to be compromised. He has already used the Thema Devia to proliferate disinformation designed to divide and conquer western society. For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    sure I'd like to ass kick you bud.
    stop posting hitlers birthday please
    I prefer the more racially sensitive term "a hole" but yes.
    Never mind, knowing Akar I thought we were talking hell, not heaven, so I didn't even read it and what I said makes no sense apparently.
    Which French girl names are more beautiful than Badr or Myrtille?
    Notice here Cookie adopts a number of different online personas in order to turn ordinary Devians against one another, from arch conservative reactionary to critical race theorist, American evangelical to French nationalist. Do the right thing. Stop Putin in his tracks. Save democracy. Send Cookie back to Siberia, where he can never again threaten the maidenhood of western civilization.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

To be fair, Myrtille is a pretty nice name.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

So is Chlamydia.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Everybody is out and about, including Chlamydia.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Gonorrhea and her friends came home late last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Opposed. ...Notice here Cookie adopts a number of different online personas in order to turn ordinary Devians against one another, from arch conservative reactionary to critical race theorist, American evangelical to French nationalist. Do the right thing. Stop Putin in his tracks. Save democracy. Send Cookie back to Siberia, where he can never again threaten the maidenhood of western civilization.
    I am little confused by the opposition. What you quoted speaks to his good humor. He is like a poor man's Heinz (if y'all know the poster).
    He has won awards and he has been an active member of this forum.

The application is unpretentious and a refreshing change. SUPPORT

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

What? Cookie? A citizen? But I've opposed him before! I've opposed him, meme'd him and ridiculed him! So what will I ever do now that he is up for citizenship again, with an application as weak as that?

Sigh, alright fine. I guess I he is my little pogchamp. Which also means that I'll write a short few words. Cookiegod may seem like a troll to us, but he does it for the good spirit of all. He is always well-enough mannered, and genuinley makes TWC a more fun and enjoyable place to spend time in, whether it's chatting away in the TD, seeing his debate posts or interacting with him elsewhere. He won the 2020 member awards for best avatar, though I am in doubt that just the one avatar won it. Much like players in a Hotseat campaign, they keep on switching. So much that his infamous Cookie-based theme has become an actual smiley on the forums. Imagine that, a smiley dating post-2005 on TWC. That's more than most can say.

I don't foray much into the mudpit there myself, but I can showcase some of his contributions with actual weblinks, which I know a fair few here might like to peruse.

He has won the Screenshot competition twelve times! That's like, more than ten! In addition to this, he is a joy in the commentary threads, and his peseudo-feud with Derc has become a legend over there.

He is also an active figure in the writers study, having won himself a bronze medal for his contributions there. What contributions you say? Well, he has written a couple of very entertaining AAR's in a different style to the often nitty-gritty down to earth stuff. That does not detract from their value, and from his many edited screenshots, "artworks" and commentaries one can tell that he is talented, and that he brings a lot more to the table than just dem bantz.
    Of Wolves and Prey
    Of Wolves and Blobbits
    The Interactive Cookie Caliphate

So I say aye, let's give him some encouragement and recognition for his antics.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

What you just said KA, is actually what his patron Adamat should do hence for getting opposition.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast