Thread: Querying Victory Conditions

Default Querying Victory Conditions

Is there any way to test if the player is using short or long victory conditions in campaign_script? I can't find a condition for this in the docudemons. Preferably, we'd have something equivalent to I_AdvisorVerbosityLevel (4 options for advisor level), CampaignDifficulty (4 options for strategic difficulty), or BattleDifficulty (4 options for tactical difficulty). But out of the box solutions work too.

In lieu of someone pointing me to a more explicit solution, I've had the idea to add required settlements to only one of the two victory condition sets and then use 'TileSeen IsPositionInRect' to test if a faction has seen their victory condition settlement(s) on turn 0. This assumes that there is no way for those tiles to be revealed at the start of turn 0 other than via the victory conditions. This is going to require a complicated bit of scripting to set up in hotseat, i.e. I'd need a lot of TileSeen monitors. I'm hoping somebody has a better solution.
    Last edited by Callistonian; June 21, 2021 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: Querying Victory Conditions

As far as I can tell, there is no way to do that at all.

I always use this page as reference: https://www.freeforumzone.com/lofi/E...D10153612.html

If you search something with Ctrl+F and it is not there, chances are that it doesn't exist.

You will have to use some crafty subterfuge again. It looks too complex to me right now, with the conditions I know from the top of my head.
    Last edited by es157; June 24, 2021 at 06:31 AM.

Default Re: Querying Victory Conditions

So, that is the docudemons that everyone has been telling you about, or at least part of it, which I have already checked. The problem is that I don't know anything about the condition I'm looking for except that I want something to test victory conditions - I don't know the name, the parameters it takes, if it's an event condition or an explicit I_ condition. Finding a solution in the docudemons is like trying to find a word in the dictionary when all you know is the definition. On top of that, the docudemons are incomplete and frequently incorrect so there is a small chance that someone around here may know of a solution that isn't in there.

It seems like there should be a condition for the long/short victory type, but this wouldn't be the first time Medieval II's script language has disappointed. The TileSeen event works in theory but I haven't implemented it yet and I feel confident that there is a simpler solution.