Thread: Chapter Objectives with progression on the maps

Default Chapter Objectives with progression on the maps

So, hi there. Sorry in advance for my language, not a native speaker)

Here you can find every objective and mission for all playable factions and all possible campaigns in the game and the progression of the 'conquering' on the maps as well, step by step. I made it via Google Drive, because I don't know how to properly put all these text+pictures here, in comfortable form...
    The following information here is unnecessary, just my thoughts and comments. So feel free to go to the objectives at the TL;DR at the bottom of the post.

----------

I was greatly inspired by the work of Nefarious that you can find here:
    HTML Code:
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?633020-Resource-Chapter-Objectives-Updated-11-21-2014
    . I used CanOmer map for Grand Campaign, Imperator Augustus and Empire Divided (the latter two are slightly changed by me) so thanks to that author as well.

So what I was trying to do is to list chapter objectives for campaigns that were not observed in the parental thread: Wrath of Sparta, Empire Divided and Rise of the Republic. I also corrected some of the missions there, maybe patches changed them through the years... All of the changed/missed text is marked with '----------' in the text files (But the main reason was to paint all the provinces/regions that you need to conquer as a player while you try to follow the chapters.

I tried to keep the style and formatting the same in all images, but of course there can be mistakes. I changed the descriptions of objectives from original thread to match them with in-game files.

'How to read the objectives'
    Usually it's self explanatory, especially if you read objectives in the game, but I want to clarify about these 3:
    'Hold entirety of.../Own...' - you must be the owner of province or region;
    'Control...' - you and/or your allies/client states/satrapies must be the owner of province or region;
    Also these are the only key objectives that grant you the lands of 'native' color (if written without 'or'). What does it mean - in the section below)
    There are also some objectives marked as '(?)' in maps ('???' in text files). I marked them bacause they look like a mistake from developers, maybe these objectives have the wrong number of provinces needed to be held or miss name of province for some reason. I made this conclusion based on all other objectives and how developers wrote them. Nevertheless, I still treated them if they were totally correct (the in-game objectives are working as written!) and painted regions iin confirmity with this fact.

'How to read the maps'
    The starting faction lands (and ONLY them; sometimes you can have client states/satrapies at the beginning of the game but I haven't painted their lands) have it's own color. Then while expanding you can see that some lands will gain the same color while others will get lighter/darker one. The reason lies in necessity of capturing this region/province: if in the previous chapter it was a MUST, the color will be same as 'native land' color. It it was only a POSSIBILITY/capturing only a REGION FROM THE PROVINCE - the color will be similar with different shade (lighter/darker).
    Sometimes you can find factions on the map that were mentioned. I marked them as a small circles in the regions that this faction owned at the start of the campaign (and if it's still in the game of course...). If there are no faction on the map mentioned in objective - in just means you successfully captured it's starting territory but it still may be in the game. So always check such things in advance during your games.
    I never marked a region if objective tells you to capture it but you've already taken it in earlier missions/had it from the beginning of the game. Still if an objective tells you to 'own a region in province...' and you own at least one already - I painted the others even if the task can be noted as 'done'. Because why not.

So, I guess that's all. Enjoy)
    Leave your feedback here or wherever you've seen the link to this thread. Advices and general thoughts, your corrections for this work are highly appreciated.
    I may add something here in the description when the need comes so stay tuned.

----------

TL;DR:
    HTML Code:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/123GdjPMQG18Ik1J2mVX8sd8BO8RFJc4M?usp=sharing
    ----------

P.S. Rise of the Republic do not have its maps because now it's pretty much... Useless. At least for now. Almost all chapter objectives are not related to any of regions. But I've seen some comments in game files about exact provinces that need to be taken by the playable factions in this campaing, so maybe developers include them sometime...

Default Re: Chapter Objectives with progression on the maps

Wow! Thank you very much. I really love this thread since I've enjoyed this part of the game the most, the chapter objective. But due to the time it takes for the whole campaign, I was unable to complete all of the factions. I assure you that you have done a great job compiling all of this.

However, is it possible for you to add the description of each of the mission as well?. I love how the game add extra story telling and fun facts through them. It will truly make this compilation complete.

Actually, I would like to help out if you want, but I just don't know how without playing through all of the campaign. If you do know any other ways that take less amount of time, I certainly love to do it.

Thanks! I'm glad that my work can be useful to others)

That's a really great idea, honestly I never even thought about it until your mention!

Unfortunately, I try to add victory conditions at the moment, so it will take some time. After that maybe I'll try to finish your request. But you can try to do it on your own (or begin at least).

I added Excel file in the same folder to Google Drive, link above. It contains everything needed for the task you mentioned: first column is the in-game 'code' for the mission description with campaign symbol (or without for the Grand Campaign), faction name and mission number. If youhave any questions about it - you can always message me in the profile, I'm checking daily)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I was absolutely going out of my mind trying to find out the objective I kept missing in the Nabataea campaign Chapter VI!