Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Where are the advertised battle models?

  1. #1

    Default Where are the advertised battle models?

    The question is very straightforward. I'm gobsmacked by this even three months after installing the mod, so I finally decided to ask. In the advertisement post that announces Fire and Blood 2.2, there are several amazing screenshots of several things that are simply not present in the mod files currently available for download.

    Either I'm doing something very wrong here, or these battle models shown for Daenerys, Robb, Ramsay, and many others simply do not exist. They are not mentioned in any of the descr_strat files, nor in descr_models_battle, neither could I find their texture files in the models_strat folder. So where are they?

    An important info, I'm 99% sure that I have installed the most recent version of the mod.

    Anyone, please feel free to correct me if I'm doing something dumb or missing something that should be obvious.
    Last edited by es157; June 15, 2021 at 04:49 PM.

  2. #2
    PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    The hero battle models/strat map models along with other previews in the announcement will be featured in the upcoming version of the mod. (V2.3)

    It shouldn't be much longer before its released

  3. #3

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaMan View Post
    The hero battle models/strat map models along with other previews in the announcement will be featured in the upcoming version of the mod. (V2.3)

    It shouldn't be much longer before its released
    How optimistic are those predictions? I know mods usually take far, far longer to be released than intended.

    I have taken the liberty to improve the current version of the mod for my own usage, and in the span of three months I changed so many things that it is barely recognizable, including the campaign, scripts, and the menu layout. But one of the things I cannot do is make battle and strat models. Now I worry that the next update will be incompatible with what I've done

    Of course you won't be actively supporting each player's personalised submods, but I hope I will be able to use these new models when they come out.

    By the way, are you one of the mod developers? If you are, maybe we could chat a little elsewhere and see if anything I did can be of any use to you.

  4. #4
    PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    How optimistic are those predictions? I know mods usually take far, far longer to be released than intended.
    Quite optimistic, lets just say I've spent an unhealthy amount of time getting things ready for the next version

    I'm finalizing the last batch of battle maps then I'll need to fix a few bugs and it will be ready for release.



    Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    I have taken the liberty to improve the current version of the mod for my own usage, and in the span of three months I changed so many things that it is barely recognizable, including the campaign, scripts, and the menu layout. But one of the things I cannot do is make battle and strat models. Now I worry that the next update will be incompatible with what I've done
    I fear your correct, so much has been changed between V2.2-V2.3 that I doubt your changes will be compatible sorry



    Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    Of course you won't be actively supporting each player's personalised submods, but I hope I will be able to use these new models when they come out.

    By the way, are you one of the mod developers? If you are, maybe we could chat a little elsewhere and see if anything I did can be of any use to you.
    Feel free to use anything you wish from V2.3, as its a sub mod I see no issue, just make sure if you release it to the public that you credit the the various people who's material is used.

    II've pretty much been a one man team since I started the mod a couple of years ago so I've been the only developer since I started though some kind souls have helped with writing unit descriptions and such. Finding help is easier said than done.

    If you wish to help though you are most welcome if you have time to burn! Join the mods discord so we can chat.
    Last edited by PeaMan; June 15, 2021 at 05:19 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Well, very well. Wish you the best luck.

    Unfortunately I don't have Discord and never even accessed the server.

    Somethings that you definitely could use are the intro videos, the victory and defeat videos, and victory and defeat messages that I included. They are done already and are an amazing addon for free that most modders don't use simply because it is too much work for pure aesthetic effect.

    Another thing that you could consider using is the menu layout file. My layout is much simpler than the one you were trying to craft, but it works equally fine for all timelines instead of working only for Aegon's Conquest.
    Last edited by es157; June 15, 2021 at 05:51 PM.

  6. #6
    PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    Well, very well. Wish you the best luck.

    Unfortunately I don't have Discord and never even accessed the server.

    Somethings that you definitely could use are the intro videos, the victory and defeat videos, and victory and defeat messages that I included. They are done already and are an amazing addon for free that most modders don't use simply because it is too much work for pure aesthetic effect.

    Another thing that you could consider using is the menu layout file. My layout is much simpler than the one you were trying to craft, but it works equally fine for all timelines instead of working only for Aegon's Conquest.
    Sure, feel free to send the intro's/defeat videos/messages my way and I'll have a look at them.

    The menu layout has been changed and polished for V2.3, check it out in the first section of the preview thread. - https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Preview-thread

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Do you have any social media? Email might suffice.

  8. #8
    PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,121

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Quote Originally Posted by es157 View Post
    Do you have any social media? Email might suffice.
    I do have social media but its reserved to my personal life sorry, I rarely check my email.

    The only viable options are twcenter or preferably discord.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Sent a message. I'll see if it goes.

  10. #10
    Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,235

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Peaman forgot to tell you that the early open-beta of 2.3 is already available for download at the Fire & Blood Discord - and it includes those strat-map models, battle-map models and a bunch of stuff.

    It doesn't however include any of the settlements in battle.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

    - The Havamal

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where are the advertised battle models?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Peaman forgot to tell you that the early open-beta of 2.3 is already available for download at the Fire & Blood Discord - and it includes those strat-map models, battle-map models and a bunch of stuff.

    It doesn't however include any of the settlements in battle.
    How do I find either of you on Discord?

    Update: I think I got it.
    Last edited by es157; June 18, 2021 at 09:13 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •