Thread: Not working

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Not working

Pretty sure I followed the directions and it is not working for me. I sent it directly to the Rome Total War folder (for me called "Rome Total War Collection"). I see that it created a new "RO" folder in that folder, alongside the ones for "BI" and "Alexander". Is it supposed to copy over the contents in the BI folder? Because it didn't do that. However, there's no executable file in the "RO" folder and I'm not entirely certain how to launch your game, or if I should be launching it from the Barbarian Invasion .exe file.

What should I do here? Your instructions were kind of vague and I don't see an explanation for this situation. A desktop item was created but it did not open anything so I put it into the trash folder. I can always make a new one, but I'm not sure which executable file I'm supposed to be sending to the desktop. Barbarian Invasion still works, by the way, but not your mod.

Default Re: Not working

Create a direct access copy of the BI.exe executable and paste it in the SAI folder, right click on it, select properties and add -mod:SAI -show_err -nm at the end of the target cell.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Pretty sure I followed the directions and it is not working for me. I sent it directly to the Rome Total War folder (for me called "Rome Total War Collection"). I see that it created a new "RO" folder in that folder, alongside the ones for "BI" and "Alexander". Is it supposed to copy over the contents in the BI folder? Because it didn't do that. However, there's no executable file in the "RO" folder and I'm not entirely certain how to launch your game, or if I should be launching it from the Barbarian Invasion .exe file.

What should I do here? Your instructions were kind of vague and I don't see an explanation for this situation. A desktop item was created but it did not open anything so I put it into the trash folder. I can always make a new one, but I'm not sure which executable file I'm supposed to be sending to the desktop. Barbarian Invasion still works, by the way, but not your mod.
    I assume you have the Steam version and this should make it possible to play the mod.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I assume you have the Steam version and this should make it possible to play the mod.
    No, I'm not playing the Steam version, although it is a digital version, not CD-ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    Create a direct access copy of the BI.exe executable and paste it in the SAI folder, right click on it, select properties and add -mod:SAI -show_err -nm at the end of the target cell.

This is awfully confusing since the folder is "RO", not "SAI", I don't see anything called "SAI". So I copied the BI.exe file and pasted it into the "RO" (Restitutor Orbis) mod folder. Then I clicked on properties, which pulled up this window (on my operating system for Windows 10). It is nothing like your version of properties and does not allow me to edit anything after the executable line. I'm not even sure what tab you're using in properties, none of them look like yours at all, not even in the "Advanced" tab.

Here, see for yourself: how am I supposed to edit this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A problem with Invasio Barbarorum executable.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	365072

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Are you using the mod installer and not the rar file? If so, then the install will have the RO folder within the RTW folder which is correct. It should also have created a workable icon. If you have deleted it then you need to right click on the RomeTW-BI.exe which should be in the RTW folder then click "create shortcut". Now go to the shortcut icon, right click on it and go to properties. In the "Target" window and the line -mod:RO -show_err -nm after "C:\Games\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" line leaving a space between the exe" and the -mod. Then click in the change icon button and select the RO icon found within the RO folder, then press okay. You should then be able to launch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Are you using the mod installer and not the rar file? If so, then the install will have the RO folder within the RTW folder which is correct. It should also have created a workable icon. If you have deleted it then you need to right click on the RomeTW-BI.exe which should be in the RTW folder then click "create shortcut". Now go to the shortcut icon, right click on it and go to properties. In the "Target" window and the line -mod:RO -show_err -nm after "C:\Games\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" line leaving a space between the exe" and the -mod. Then click in the change icon button and select the RO icon found within the RO folder, then press okay. You should then be able to launch the game.
    Hello! Thanks, it worked! I was opening properties for the executable file itself in the mod folder, and didn't realize you could only do this with the shortcut icon on the desktop.

I was able to launch the game, but now I have a whole new set of problems that make it seem unplayable. I was disturbed by the lack of music in the main menu right away. I checked the sound options and it said "Direct" something "3" and "software emulator" or something like that. Shouldn't it just be DirectX 9.0 or something? That option wasn't available. I tried starting a new campaign as the Roman Empire, Imperium Romanum, but it took an exorbitant amount of time to load and I never got to the campaign map since I sat there waiting around for more than 10 minutes! Had to CTRL + ALT + DELETE just to get out of the permanent loading screen and back to my desktop.

What's going on here? I never have problems like this for M2TW mods like EBII, and I used to play RSII & Invasio Barbarorum on a previous laptop.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

I was able to launch the game, but now I have a whole new set of problems that make it seem unplayable. I was disturbed by the lack of music in the main menu right away. I checked the sound options and it said "Direct" something "3" and "software emulator" or something like that. Shouldn't it just be DirectX 9.0 or something?
    I think you need to reinstall DirectX 9.0c.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I think you need to reinstall DirectX 9.0c.
    I followed your advice, but it didn't make a difference unfortunately. The game also crashes to desktop whenever I try to quit it from the main menu. It just sat there forever with a blue "wheel of death" before I decided to just CTRL + ALT + DELETE to pull up task manager, but it wouldn't even allow me to do that so I signed in and out of my computer.

I think I'm just going to call it quits and try to run Roma Surrectum II or III instead, although I'm not very hopeful at this point that mods work well with my digital version of the game that does not have a CD-ROM.

I've been trying to get this mod to work with the ALX addon for my install (steam edition). Haven't been able to. Is there maybe a guide for that I can look up somewhere, on how to install it for Steam-installs?

Dear all,
    I have tried again RO using Steam to see whether it would work (it was not working with my RTW digital version).
    So I have launched the RO.exe targetting my Steam install.
    Then I have add to create a short cut, as non has been created immediately.
    Then I have gone into properties and changed the line to "D:\Documents D\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/ro -show_err -nm
    And when I click on this shortcut, RTW (not even BI...) is launched.
    Please, is there anything which is not an installer (like a .rar file) with a clear "how to install"? I am dying (maybe a bit too much, but I really want) to play this mod!
    Thanks in advance,
    FFJean

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear all,
    I have tried again RO using Steam to see whether it would work (it was not working with my RTW digital version).
    So I have launched the RO.exe targetting my Steam install.
    Then I have add to create a short cut, as non has been created immediately.
    Then I have gone into properties and changed the line to "D:\Documents D\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:bi/ro -show_err -nm
    And when I click on this shortcut, RTW (not even BI...) is launched.
    Please, is there anything which is not an installer (like a .rar file) with a clear "how to install"? I am dying (maybe a bit too much, but I really want) to play this mod!
    Thanks in advance,
    FFJean
    This is taken for the Installation Page.

INVASIO BARBARORVM: RESTITVTOR ORBIS MOD RAR INSTALLER FOR STEAM VERSION

Download link: Download Here

1. Download the IB - RESTITVTOR ORBIS RAR Install Version into any folder

2. Inside the IB - RESTITVTOR ORBIS folder copy and paste your RO folder to Steam/SteamApps/common/RomeTotalWar

3. Go to your Steam Library, right-click RTW and click Properties. Then click Set Launch Options and paste this in: RomeTW-BI.exe -nm -show_err -mod:RO and click OK.

4. When launching the game, be sure to chose the Barbarian Invasion path.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

I followed your advice, but it didn't make a difference unfortunately. The game also crashes to desktop whenever I try to quit it from the main menu. It just sat there forever with a blue "wheel of death" before I decided to just CTRL + ALT + DELETE to pull up task manager, but it wouldn't even allow me to do that so I signed in and out of my computer.

I think I'm just going to call it quits and try to run Roma Surrectum II or III instead, although I'm not very hopeful at this point that mods work well with my digital version of the game that does not have a CD-ROM.
    If you can't alt+tab out, then create a txt file with an unsaved entry before you try again. If your computer asks you to deregister or something, just say "no" and you will at least be on your desktop again.

Thank you JH!
    Still trying to play RO.