Thread: [SUBMOD] Agent Visual Redesign [BETA]

Default [SUBMOD] Agent Visual Redesign [BETA]

This is the beta version of my submod which completely overhauls Agent visuals, with different designs for all cultures, subcultures, subculture groups, and unique Agents for every playable faction!

Steam download (recommended):
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2514945668

Alternate download:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LzkLcZR-j9qTn9JKRKkr4HPJ1lTtEwXT/view?usp=sharing

Features

The submod features many different variations for every individual Agent.
    A faction's Dignitaries, Spies and especially Champions will all have many different looks and designs representing various unit types, factional cultures, and more.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note that this is a beta and some minor bugs are to be expected

Known issues include:

- Hand animations do not work.
    - Portraits do not match the Agent campaign map model.
    - Female Agents have not been designed yet.
    - Custom Unit Cards will be created sometime in the future - shoot me a DM on Discord if you're good at cropping!

Feedback

- I'm not really active on TWC, so comments, feedback, bug reports and whatnot are best delivered via the Steam comment page, or better yet through my modding Discord: https://discord.gg/VW3abfxM

Enjoy the mod!

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Agent Visual Redesign [BETA]

Well done!

Mod updated! Most factions and culture groups updated with a ton of fixes, tweaks, polish and even a few complete Agent redesigns.

Very cool! Yesterday I was thinking about why has no one yet done anything to the agents yet but now your mod is here!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

great stuff

Mod updated!

NEW FEATURE: COMPATIBLE MINOR CAMPAIGNS

- Ceasar in Gaul
    - Hannibal at the Gates
    - Imperator Augustus
    - Macedonian Wars

Rise of Rome and Empire Divided are not compatible yet.

AGENT REDESIGNS

- Completely redesigned Ptolemaic, East African, Italic, Etruscan and Syracusan Champions.
    - New, unique Champion for Cyrene. - Colchis Dignitaries made to look more like Hellenic inspired Caucasians than vice versa.
    - Complete redesigns of Persian ("Eastern"), Parthian, Medean and Pontic Dignitaries, unique styles for each.
    - Improved skin and hair variety for Roman Champions, they've also been made to look early Camillan/Polybian for the start of the campaign...

...But keep an eye out for the upcoming AVR Reforms subsubmod, coming Soon ™️

MISC
    - Countless fixes of bugs and other issues for a majority of factions.
    Last edited by CEMN2017; July 13, 2021 at 03:10 PM.

Edit: Double post. Please destroy.
    Last edited by CEMN2017; July 13, 2021 at 03:10 PM.

Main file updated!

- Many changes to Dignitaries of various cultures.
    - Many fixes, tweaks, etc.

Add-on release: AVR Reforms Add-on!

- A "subsubmod" which updates the looks of many factions' Champions to match their looks after reforms. Install this around turn 100-150 or after you hit Marian/Thureos/etc reforms!

- Requires DeI and the AVR Beta.

AVR Reform Add-On Downloads

- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2552822070
    - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qP3...ew?usp=sharing

AVR updated with minor fix to legless Dacians.

Main file updated for DeI 1.2.8!

- Removed Startpos changes implemented as a temp fix for incompatibility with Iceni and Ardaei Spy, as those changes have now been implemented into DeI 1.2.8.

This means Startpos editing mods such as X Turns Per Year and faction unlocker mods such as All Factions Playable are now fully compatibile!

- Fixed multiple Agents having the wrong Unit Card or Agent name assigned.

- Fixed a few Champions having secondary weapons equipped on their back instead of on their side.

Updated Steam + standalone with a few minor bug fixes.

AVR FUTURE PLANS

Hey all! I haven't updated AVR in a long time, in part due to awaiting feedback and bugs as well as real playtesting by actually using the mod during real gameplay, but mostly because I've since been busy working on the Barbarian Overhaul of the soon to be released 1.3 update for Divide et Impera!

My plans for AVR going forward is a complete rework for many Agents in the mod, including possibly making campaign map models actually match the faces you see in the bottom left portrait screen. Originally, I chose to go for maximizing variety over having faces match, but as I've played with AVR myself I've realized I look way more at those portraits than I think I would. Additionally, since I've overhauled the "Barbarian" factions I want the Agents to properly match the overhaul.

A complete rework might sound like a lot of unnecessary work, but the truth is I've developed my modding skills and workflow a ton since I originally started work on AVR, and a lot of the work I've done for DeI 1.3 will be transferable to AVR. After that, I can hopefully consider AVR "done" and finally stop calling it a "beta"...

Speaking of "done", when will this new version of AVR be released? When it's done!