Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What favorite movie would be a romantic deal breaker to you?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: What favorite movie would be a romantic deal breaker to you?

I think I already kind of agreed the Rock is an exception and my issues with it are I can't really recall but likely a kind of rabbit hole quibble that I like to fixate on sometimes. Never saw the Island but in general I stand by the principal that if Bay would a favorite director I at least would need to quickly move to books or food types or outdoor pastimes or general hobbies or to pets or games to carry on a good conversion.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Bram Stoker's Dracula would be a big stone in my playing field. I like that movie. Obviously this date has the same feelings, taste and interests.
    I'd count (pun intended ) that as a huge plus. In my book one of the greatest love stories every told. The movie also goes deep as an example of great movie making. No CGI, just old style camera tricks, lighting, smoke and mirrors. There's a really good doc on YT on the FX. Really a beautiful movie.

No real down side on what a date might like but if they hated or hadn't seen 'Fight Club!.. '

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I didn't know, that that movie was without cgi. Even more impressive. Thank you for the video.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

For me it'd be something like Police Academy.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Well no, i could show him what good humor is instead.^^

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Went with friends back in the day honestly don't think I could take a second dose, unless it was the day I stooped not trying to be not sniffing glue and doing cocaine.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

MCU movies will take a lot of your time both

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Preferring the theatrical editions of LOTR compared to extended cuts

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Liking the Star Wars prequels more than the originals.
    Bish, please... ain't no amount of CGI gonna replace Sir Alec McGuiness.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

In the first chat I had with her, a woman told me that she had just seen Scarie Movie (IV?, V?) and had a great time. Horrible first impression, she was great actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrosmeister View Post
    Preferring the theatrical editions of LOTR compared to extended cuts
    I would have thought "The Hobbit I-III".

Gibson's "The Passion of Christ".

No hardcore right wing evangelical. Gods please.

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    I would have thought "The Hobbit I-III".

Gibson's "The Passion of Christ".

No hardcore right wing evangelical. Gods please.
    The Hobbits shouldn't be even talked about. And why bother with protestants, everyone knows that Orthodoxy is the one and only

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrosmeister View Post
    The Hobbits shouldn't be even talked about. And why bother with protestants, everyone knows that Orthodoxy is the one and only
    Francis is not amused

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

right now Francisco is so happy he could apostatize.

on topic. Seriously guys, if a nice and attractive woman tells me that she wants to go to the cinema to see the latest christmas crap, I go with a smile on my face.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    right now Francisco is so happy he could apostatize.

on topic. Seriously guys, if a nice and attractive woman tells me that she wants to go to the cinema to see the latest christmas crap, I go with a smile on my face.

It's good to not to be alone
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Praeses

I'm sure all of you would endure bad films for true love, lord knows I have, and not just for true love, just for a potential cuddle.

Mrs Cyclops presents a different challenge. She enjoys movies but she's not interested in remembering them. We literally walk out of a film, have a coffee and I'll say "that bit in the lift, did you see how the camera..." and she's like "huh?"

She doesn't have memory loss or any kind of intellectual handicap, she just lets the film wash over her (and she does this a bit with books), she enjoys the heck out of it but when its over, she's done with it.

I come from a historian background, with some theology and I'm down to dissect details. She's said I'm allowed a "film-mistress/boyfriend" if I want (to see films with and discuss them after, no hanky panky) but going to the movies is a "date" activity for me and I want to do it with her and frankly I don't have time for an entire other social slot in my life. Kids, work, a new dog, films are a rare treat I don't get to savour as fully as I'd like.

I have to say I tend to get worked up online because it's my movie outlet, otherwise I get a few short minutes with family members or mates after we see some big film once or twice a year.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm sure all of you would endure bad films for true love, lord knows I have, and not just for true love, just for a potential cuddle.

Mrs Cyclops presents a different challenge. She enjoys movies but she's not interested in remembering them. We literally walk out of a film, have a coffee and I'll say "that bit in the lift, did you see how the camera..." and she's like "huh?"

She doesn't have memory loss or any kind of intellectual handicap, she just lets the film wash over her (and she does this a bit with books), she enjoys the heck out of it but when its over, she's done with it.

I come from a historian background, with some theology and I'm down to dissect details. She's said I'm allowed a "film-mistress/boyfriend" if I want (to see films with and discuss them after, no hanky panky) but going to the movies is a "date" activity for me and I want to do it with her and frankly I don't have time for an entire other social slot in my life. Kids, work, a new dog, films are a rare treat I don't get to savour as fully as I'd like.

I have to say I tend to get worked up online because it's my movie outlet, otherwise I get a few short minutes with family members or mates after we see some big film once or twice a year.
    Up vote for that Cyclops. My wife is all in with post move banter and argument and dissection over dinner and drinks. Was a big part of the attraction in retrospect. We butt heads a bit at home watching something over in process comments - if one of is say of a higher opinion of a show/movie X and the other a lot lower - the appropriate level of keep it to yourself can be crossed. Have to say Kids worked wonders for that since since you get a built in crowd of friends who can totally great co fans for either of us on re watching or up say horror not wife's thing while also watching 'say yes to the dress' as well (way not my thing)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123