Thread: Captured Hoplites Question

Default Captured Hoplites Question

As Epirus, after defeating the Greek or Macedonian armies, I got the notification that the hoplites are available for recruitment as mercenaries in my settlements. The problem is, despite that message that they are available for recruitment, I cannot find any hoplites free to recruit. How does the captured hoplite mechanic work? Is it broken in my installation or something?

Default Re: Captured Hoplites Question

The recruitment of reorganised mercenary hoplitai and phalangitai are locked to high tier governments, in your case, you need centralization or federalization to get the reformed governments necessary to train these repurposed troops.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by realm56 View Post
    The recruitment of reorganised mercenary hoplitai and phalangitai are locked to high tier governments, in your case, you need centralization or federalization to get the reformed governments necessary to train these repurposed troops.
    Is there anywhere I can read up on the mechanics of this mod? How do I get a centralized/federalized government?

They should appear in Ambrakia and Dyrrachion in the Koina Symmakha government, before the reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by sashar View Post
    Is there anywhere I can read up on the mechanics of this mod? How do I get a centralized/federalized government?
    You can refer to the updated offical guide to get the rundown on how to achieve the reforms for Eperios that allow you to get centralized/federalized government. I'm not certain on if that the download link still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    OK, I have updated the guide to 2.35 R2

https://mega.nz/file/AcAXnIDK#FSTKvh...MF1iLkdYSF5oOg
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

ok thank you very much