Thread: Owning Ptolemais-Theron as Hellenistic faction that is not Ptolemaic

Default Owning Ptolemais-Theron as Hellenistic faction that is not Ptolemaic

Simply put it's suck. You cannot build native government while startegos or hellenic administration give no local recruit and building colony or polis does nothing except culture convert since they give no recruit.

But if you want to defeat Ptoelamic you need to conquer Ptoelamic Theron since it's one of the Ptoelamic starting region even if it's counterproductive to do so.

Is there any reason why non Ptoelamic get no benefit on holding Ptoelamic Theron considering it's part of Ptoelamic at start?

Default Re: Owning Ptoelamic Theron as hellenic faction that is not Ptoelamic

It's a village. You can't do anything with it until it grows. You can always put an Allied Government there.

Default Re: Owning Ptolemais-Theron as Hellenistic faction that is not Ptolemaic

Ptolemais Theron is one of those places where it's best to slap allied government on it and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    It's a village. You can't do anything with it until it grows. You can always put an Allied Government there.
    By the time i conquer it as Macedonia it's already become large town and they own minor hellenistic polis and lv1 hellenic colony but i can only build strategos or if i demolish the colony hellenic autonomy but neither the goverment building or colony give me any recruit not that it matters anyway since it's too rebellious due to capital distance.

Once i destoy Ptoelamy i probably would just let it rebel if i can't keep it since it seems it wasn't meant to be owned by hellenic faction unless i'm playing Ptoelamy

Quote Originally Posted by eyelurker View Post
    By the time i conquer it as Macedonia it's already become large town and they own minor hellenistic polis and lv1 hellenic colony but i can only build strategos or if i demolish the colony hellenic autonomy but neither the goverment building or colony give me any recruit not that it matters anyway since it's too rebellious due to capital distance.

Once i destoy Ptoelamy i probably would just let it rebel if i can't keep it since it seems it wasn't meant to be owned by hellenic faction unless i'm playing Ptoelamy
    Ethiopia is not in the natural geographic sphere of any of the Hellenistic factions.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Ethiopia is not in the natural geographic sphere of any of the Hellenistic factions.
    Wouldn't it be after they took over and maintained control for some years/generations? I know it's just a difference of philosophy and the mod takes the approach it takes, but I wish there was more flexibility with a lot of this stuff to allow for the kinds of things that happened before the start date to be possible after you do them in the course of a campaign. If some parts of Africa can be Hellenized over time, why not another?

I don't know what my point is, I know it's not gonna change. Maybe a submod dedicated to opening up a more alternative history possibility, where the same conditions that resulted in the world as it was at 272 could be replicated and change the world moving forward.. Would be a helluva undertaking though I imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Wouldn't it be after they took over and maintained control for some years/generations? I know it's just a difference of philosophy and the mod takes the approach it takes, but I wish there was more flexibility with a lot of this stuff to allow for the kinds of things that happened before the start date to be possible after you do them in the course of a campaign. If some parts of Africa can be Hellenized over time, why not another?

I don't know what my point is, I know it's not gonna change. Maybe a submod dedicated to opening up a more alternative history possibility, where the same conditions that resulted in the world as it was at 272 could be replicated and change the world moving forward.. Would be a helluva undertaking though I imagine
    Not necessarily, no. Look at Ligura, for example, which resisted Romanisation for centuries after it had been conquered.

You've hit upon the core of this - it's a deliberate philosophical standpoint that we're not allowing freeform alt-history. All the effort invested in the factions, making them distinct and drawing as much as we can on what was known at game-start becomes pointless if you can take any faction anywhere and behave and get the same results.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; June 12, 2021 at 03:10 AM.